First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anyone else having trouble with their windows not retracting and/or coming up when the doors are opened and closed? This happens with both the front and back door windows. We've taken our 2021 Outer Banks to the dealer four times, but it works for a while then happens again. They keep resetting the windows, but it doesn't solve the problem. Is there a fix for this issue? Any ideas would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you find it, let me know. Cause the reset won’t even work for my front passenger window. Quite annoying to have to remember to lower it and put it back up myself.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is anyone else having trouble with their windows not retracting and/or coming up when the doors are opened and closed? This happens with both the front and back door windows. We've taken our 2021 Outer Banks to the dealer four times, but it works for a while then happens again. They keep resetting the windows, but it doesn't solve the problem. Is there a fix for this issue? Any ideas would be appreciated!
Hey, Stu! I can take a closer look into your window retraction concerns if you are in need of assistance. Can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like every now and then, these things forget their window settings.
Sometimes it works for months, other times days.
There's a reason they haven't run the "Quality is Job 1." marketing campaign in decades.

I just do a reset and move on.
It really isn't worth the effort to argue with Ford over it, scheduling appointments, being short a vehicle etc etc.

Push down button to lower and hold for a few seconds AFTER it bottoms out, then pull up and hold for a few seconds AFTER it tops out.
Done.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to keep resetting the front and rear on the drivers side, then suddenly the window wouldn’t go all the way down or if you hit auto up it would close and then retract again. My dealership ordered 2 new window motors but only one is available and the other there is no eta on.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So 2 different things...

1) if the window roll up/down stops working, personally what I found was it was because of user error. The switches have 2 stopping points. If you choose to "hold" the switch you MUST stop at the first point.

My wife/kid kept pulling/pushing the switch all the way (to the 2nd stop) and holding it (either roll the window all the way up or down, or to do a partial up or down)....doing this throws off the calibration.

I had to train them... Either stop at the 1st "click" or let go of the switch and stop holding it.

2) then there is the slight drop when you go to open the door. For 2023+ models, they will "crack" the window when you unlock. For prior, it doesn't happen untill you start to pull the handle...this can cause issues because of lag. For example, my driver's door is like this....it doesn't roll down fast enough and catches. So when I think of it, I lift the handle and then pause a seconds before I pull the door... A bit of a pain for sure.

OP
OP

PineLakeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, that is helpful. I'll check out the options with the clicks and the trick with the door handle. Seems like the windows are a bit touchy! Love our Bronco, though.

chaseman210

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had window issues since purchasing two years ago. I took it to the dealer, but the part was on back order and would take a while to come in, so they decided to oil it and do a quick fix. It worked for a while. Then I took it back but got another tech at the dealership that I hadn't worked with before, and he kept saying they couldn't reproduce the issue even though they had all my previous service records where my windows were messing up (and reproduced by the other techs who worked on it). Now my warranty is expired and they're still messing up.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a little late on figuring this out. This just happened this weekend to me. The reset worked and saved me a trip to the dealership. I have had ZERO issues with my 22 BL/SAS until this driver side window problem yesterday. Thanks

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had this issue as well..
my current problem is the reset down and hold and then up and hold for a few seconds...as long as 20 in 5 second increasing attempts is no longer working. Auto down works but auto up does not.

I plan on going thru the noted calibration/measure to set the up height and see if that works.
Sponsored