Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This may fall into the overly bougie category but I will be leaving the RTT life once I get my bronco and just camp in the bronco. (Can explain why but dont want to)

That being said it gets swampy and bug infested pretty much anywhere in gerogia so sleeping with the top open is a no go.

Welcome to my brain saying "well there must be some window screens or something similar". After 13 minutes prowling google I now present the question to you.

Is there anything or have you heard of anything like what I am hunting for that isn't ghetto rigged?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you found this for Jeeps? If so, contact the manufacturer and see if they are working on a version for the Bronco. You might even get lucky and be a tester.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you found this for Jeeps? If so, contact the manufacturer and see if they are working on a version for the Bronco. You might even get lucky and be a tester.
thatā€™s a dang great idea!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've def seen screens you can put into a half or so rolled down window, but can't recall where and for what vehicle. Someone will most likely make that, in the mean time I'd just get some screen material and put something together if need be, cheap enough. Don't know if magnets will work, lots of aluminum, but there are plenty hooks and other fasteners that can easily be removed later on.

I'll need something like this as well, no bugs where I live, but I plan to go places and will also camp inside the Bronco. RTT is just a fad, I don't want all that weight up there, PITA to install and take down and I'm not driving a tent around all year long so I can camp for a couple days here and there. Small ground tent for when I want to hike away from where I'm parked, otherwise sleeping in the back.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This may fall into the overly bougie category but I will be leaving the RTT life once I get my bronco and just camp in the bronco. (Can explain why but dont want to)

That being said it gets swampy and bug infested pretty much anywhere in gerogia so sleeping with the top open is a no go.

Welcome to my brain saying "well there must be some window screens or something similar". After 13 minutes prowling google I now present the question to you.

Is there anything or have you heard of anything like what I am hunting for that isn't ghetto rigged?
You can use the step-by-step idea or read through the thread for a link to aftermarket vendors.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not put some Velcro on the inside of the bronco and then sew the other side to the screen? Easy on, easy off. It wonā€™t look the greatest on the inside but Iā€™m guessing with you sleeping in there, looking showroom isnā€™t a high priority.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a post in the forums with a company that makes like a 2 inch screen that goes on top of the windows

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out Deep Sleep 4 Jeeps. I have their window screens for my Jk and they work flawlessly. Only problem I see is they use the frame of the Jeeps windows to slide over from the top. Without such a frame on our broncos theyā€™ll have to come up with another method if they choose.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it weren't for the frameless windows, you could just shut the door on an oversized piece of screening :p

OP
OP
Rspayde

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've def seen screens you can put into a half or so rolled down window, but can't recall where and for what vehicle. Someone will most likely make that, in the mean time I'd just get some screen material and put something together if need be, cheap enough. Don't know if magnets will work, lots of aluminum, but there are plenty hooks and other fasteners that can easily be removed later on.

I'll need something like this as well, no bugs where I live, but I plan to go places and will also camp inside the Bronco. RTT is just a fad, I don't want all that weight up there, PITA to install and take down and I'm not driving a tent around all year long so I can camp for a couple days here and there. Small ground tent for when I want to hike away from where I'm parked, otherwise sleeping in the back.
You can use the step-by-step idea or read through the thread for a link to aftermarket vendors.
Thank you kind internet stranger.

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm now thinking just a big mosquito net for like a bed tossed over the whole thing with the top off...

OP
OP
Rspayde

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm now thinking just a big mosquito net for like a bed tossed over the whole thing with the top off...
I am sure there will be some pretty great solutions as time goes on. The window screens that are out there and an 18 volt ryobi fan will make it happen for now.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

definitely a thought I've had as well, open roof is sure nice, and those roll up pretty small. A couple magnets or bungies, not show off pretty, but functional, which is all I want, no need to impress anyone with my "safari rig", LOL. Best/cheapest solution is my go to for any of those things.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

definitely a thought I've had as well, open roof is sure nice, and those roll up pretty small. A couple magnets or bungies, not show off pretty, but functional, which is all I want, no need to impress anyone with my "safari rig", LOL. Best/cheapest solution is my go to for any of those things.
KISS is often the best/cheapest solution.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure there will be some pretty great solutions as time goes on. The window screens that are out there and an 18 volt ryobi fan will make it happen for now.
You meant the Ryobi Cooling cooler, right? Which is the only option in the south.(block ice lasts the longest btw)

IMG_6227.jpg
Sponsored