First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a streak in my driver's side window by the mirror tried everything to get it out and believe it is in the laminate between the glass getting it replaced luckily I didn't have the windows tinted yet!
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Between the glass defects do happen. I bought a 2010 Taurus and picked it up in the evening when it was almost dark. Next morning, I noticed a line of foggy spots on the drivers side that were between the glass. My dealer replaced the windshield.

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a defect on my windshield also. It looked like sticker smudge and would not come off. Dealer replaced it with OEM glass in under a week. Dealer had not seen anything like it before.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We told the dealer we only want a factory windshield.
When my F150 Windshield cracked, they tried to use a factory non sound deadening replacement. So just specifying a Ford replacement may get you a cheaper version.

You can do a search to see how to determine what glass you currently have, here's one article I found.
Acoustic Glass Identification

are-all-windshields-acoustic-glass.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Danzer

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a defect on my windshield also. It looked like sticker smudge and would not come off. Dealer replaced it with OEM glass in under a week. Dealer had not seen anything like it before.
That’d be great if they can do it that fast. The OEM had the “Bronco” lettering on it?

Sponsored

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes sir. Just like you, I wanted the Bronco lettering on the windshield. I did not get the chance to grab the MAP sticker.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When my F150 Windshield cracked, they tried to use a factory non sound deadening replacement. So just specifying a Ford replacement may get you a cheaper version.
Yea the sound deadening ones are Soundscreen shields and will be labeled as such. Dealt with the same problem getting one replaced in a Limited F150. Cheaper trims didn't get the Soundscreen and it's seriously impressive how much of a difference there is.

Glass company used one that said soundshield rather than Soundscreen, while assuring us they were the same. They ARE NOT.

Going from a Soundscreen to a normal windshield makes it sound like you have a window cracked at all times.

I was unaware you could get a Soundscreen in a Bronco though. That would be a welcome option.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was unaware you could get a Soundscreen in a Bronco though. That would be a welcome option.
I am aware that the High Package includes increased sound insulation, but I haven't seen that defined anywhere. It might include the Carlite SoundScreen, one could hope.

If I ever get mine I can check :)

adamm13

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just had the same problem. I thought it was pieces of microfiber stuck in adhesive. It’s more like sand pitting.

also found a hair in my clear coat

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Windshield Defect are-all-windshields-acoustic-glass

There are lots of smudges from plastic protection film I’m assuming and marks from suction cups. Does anybody else have this issue and if so how did you remove it? I tried water/vinegar and IPA/water with no results. I’ve also used multiple cleaners and can’t this to come off. I thought it was on the inside of the glass but now I feel it’s between the two pieces of glass. It really shows up if the window starts to fog up like in the photo or if the sun hits it just right. We took it to the dealer and tried buffing it out but that did nothing. They’re going to order a new one and hopefully they’re not back ordered.
Check the bookto see how to get this off perhaps. I saw it somewhere.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Windshield Defect are-all-windshields-acoustic-glass

There are lots of smudges from plastic protection film I’m assuming and marks from suction cups. Does anybody else have this issue and if so how did you remove it? I tried water/vinegar and IPA/water with no results. I’ve also used multiple cleaners and can’t this to come off. I thought it was on the inside of the glass but now I feel it’s between the two pieces of glass. It really shows up if the window starts to fog up like in the photo or if the sun hits it just right. We took it to the dealer and tried buffing it out but that did nothing. They’re going to order a new one and hopefully they’re not back ordered.
Take it to the dealer and let them deal with it

OP
OP
Danzer

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take it to the dealer and let them deal with it
We took it to the dealer and they tried to clean it with a "strong" cleaner but it did nothing. They ended up replacing it that matched the factory one about a month ago. I think all the smudges and cup marks were between the two pieces of glass. The last thing I tried was a razor blade with a lubricating cleaner and no luck there also.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My windshield also has the same defect with weird sparkles/specks that seem to be in-between the glass like your picture on the top half. You see it when the light hits it right and it's hard to see through in some areas. I am going to take it to the dealer and see what they say. Did you get it fixed and what did they say it was?

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

OP
OP
Danzer

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer replaced it under warranty with a factory one. And I don't know if it's the replacement one or all Broncos but it's very pitted. When the sun is on it, it looks like the Milky Way. We only have 14,000 miles on it.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My windshield also has the same defect with weird sparkles/specks that seem to be in-between the glass like your picture on the top half. You see it when the light hits it right and it's hard to see through in some areas. I am going to take it to the dealer and see what they say. Did you get it fixed and what did they say it was?

Ford Bronco Windshield Defect IMG_1659

Ford Bronco Windshield Defect IMG_1659

That is wild, it would drive me crazy. Definitely looks like something wrong with the laminated plastic between the layers.
Sponsored