Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope your week is going well. I wanted to share what it cost to replace a windshield due to a large rock.

I was lucky enough to go to King Of The Hammers and have my front glass be a guinea pig to a high velocity rock. I’m not mad at KOH or Ultra 4. I was expecting small rocks to bounce off the glass and cause small chips. But this one seems like it was fired from a cannon lol. Anyway, the front glass was damaged beyond filling the crack and needs to be replaced. To do so, it costs $969.98 with parts and labor. Make sure you have that insurance at the ready. I feel this will be a reoccurring event here in MT.

EDIT* The ADAS Dynamic Recal is to program the new auto high beam sensor and collision assistance sensor in the base model replacement glass.

Ford Bronco Windshield Replacement Price 33964902-9AFD-47FD-AD84-CA7B23B5E9A6
Ford Bronco Windshield Replacement Price 378AC89E-B967-4EAD-BA59-36AD52C7EDA7
Ford Bronco Windshield Replacement Price 587F330E-D31B-4653-948A-A781B3D1D8FD
Sponsored

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine cracked from a rock chip on old woman springs road coming back from the Hammers. any delay getting a replacement?

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine cracked from a rock chip on old woman springs road coming back from the Hammers. any delay getting a replacement?
That sucks being out on the road and having to catch a rock.

Right now, The Safelite in Great Falls, Montana says they have 4 OEM windshields, written with “bronco” on the lower diver side, in stock at the Kansas warehouse, 3 after my order today.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Whenever my windshield gets cracked or chipped and needs to be replaced I file a claim with the insurance company and it doesn't cost me anything.

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whenever my windshield gets cracked or chipped and needs to be replaced I file a claim with the insurance company and it doesn't cost me anything.
I have that coverage too, but it is a $200 deductible here in MT due to the high amount of broken windshields on a yearly basis. They use coarse sand for traction agent and not salt.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have that coverage too, but it is a $200 deductible here in MT due to the high amount of broken windshields on a yearly basis. They use coarse sand for traction agent and not salt.
Interesting, rock damage to windshields is a common occurrence here on the east coast driving on I-95 and surround roads Baltimore and NYC. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to have windshields repaired or replaced..

kbutler1

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not looking forward to replacing a shield. My LR4 rolling cinder block would catch rocks here in CO often but only needed replacing once. Luckily I had a $100 deductible for replacement through progressive. I’m a little shocked at the bronco price.

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not looking forward to replacing a shield. My LR4 rolling cinder block would catch rocks here in CO often but only needed replacing once. Luckily I had a $100 deductible for replacement through progressive. I’m a little shocked at the bronco price.
I had a 2005 H3 that needed glass replacement, and it was $$275 installed. The Bronco glass is about the same rake, so i knew it was going to catch some rocks, but not almost a $1000 to replace. I just hope i dont get a spike in my GEICO coverage for a claim.

Sponsored

Fixajet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 / 2021 EcoSport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sucks being out on the road and having to catch a rock.

Right now, The Safelite in Great Falls, Montana says they have 4 OEM windshields, written with “bronco” on the lower diver side, in stock at the Kansas warehouse, 3 after my order today.
Don't take those windshields, might need those for mine if/when ever it arrives. Around here the roads get salt/sand for 2" of winter snow, but is more like salt/gravel and will be on the roads for most of the year.

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't take those windshields, might need those for mine if/when ever it arrives. Around here the roads get salt/sand for 2" of winter snow, but is more like salt/gravel and will be on the roads for most of the year.
Ill try to keep the replacement to a minimum, sharing is caring lol

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called my insurance comapny and had my dectubile dropped to Zero on comprehensive due to the windshield. I think it was $100.00 buck a year difference.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that calibration cost.... Sheesh
F*ck that
Crazier even that this is on a base. I had always thought the alignment procedure was only done for vehicles with some sort of lane assist, at least that’s what my tech buddies at Ford say about the wording in their shop manual. I know every Bronco has a camera in the windshield but I didn’t think pre collision needed to find itself, it’s just surveying for oncoming vehicles not trying to keep you in the lines. Insane

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With past experience with my Fj Cruiser, I ended up getting windshield/glass coverage. I'm usually against such things, but what the hell.
Sponsored