First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish I had a broken Bronco windshield.
Sponsored

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow $400 to use forscan and drive for 15 minutes?
Nope, my business shares space in an automotive glass shop. They have to set targets front and rear of vehicle and literally move the windscreen while set in urethane to get the best position. Then do offsets through the scanner to calibrate. I was hoping my base Badlands wouldn't have this junk, may not be the case.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, my business shares space in an automotive glass shop. They have to set targets front and rear of vehicle and literally move the windscreen while set in urethane to get the best position. Then do offsets through the scanner to calibrate. I was hoping my base Badlands wouldn't have this junk, may not be the case.
Interesting. I’ve done the IPMA alignment procedure in vehicles with lane assist and it was literally just driving on a road. Both using FDRS (ford software) and forscan.

Like I said I wasn’t aware of anything in regards to pre collision so you may be right.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up a nasty chip on the freeway on our way to offroading Sat - 11 days after I got it. Epoxy guy just now left - total fail on filling it. Since it's in my line of sight, new windshield for me. Thankfully, I have $0 deductible glass coverage. Hopefully they can get a new one soon.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$896 at my local dealer - they were cheaper than safelite.

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting the new windshield Monday the 28th, but re-calibration from the dealer won't be until 3/9.

Seabass772

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have that coverage too, but it is a $200 deductible here in MT due to the high amount of broken windshields on a yearly basis. They use coarse sand for traction agent and not salt.
“Coarse sand” = small gravel

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Resurrecting an old thread, but today, I am replacing the windshield in my 2021 Bronco, total cost using aftermarket glass $381. Stopped in yesterday and they had the glass today.

If you are in San Angelo, TX or nearby, I highly recommend Glass Doctor. They let me opt out of the calibration (I have FDRS and FORSCAN), plus I have a recall on the camera system in October anyway.

I was so worried that I was going to get stuck for $1k or there abouts. They offered factory glass for about $650 without the calibration.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big city. Independent glass contractor. OEM glass. Same contractor who subs for my Ford dealer and does their glass work and the MY 22 glass recall.
$672.00

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Resurrecting an old thread, but today, I am replacing the windshield in my 2021 Bronco, total cost using aftermarket glass $381. Stopped in yesterday and they had the glass today.

If you are in San Angelo, TX or nearby, I highly recommend Glass Doctor. They let me opt out of the calibration (I have FDRS and FORSCAN), plus I have a recall on the camera system in October anyway.

I was so worried that I was going to get stuck for $1k or there abouts. They offered factory glass for about $650 without the calibration.
Surprised they would allow a pass on the calibration. The way the world is today, would open them up to liability in the even of a crash.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprised they would allow a pass on the calibration. The way the world is today, would open them up to liability in the even of a crash.
They made me sign a waiver and the fact that I was using the factory process seemed to be enough to be ok with it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll have to read up on why replacing glass requires some expensive fancy recalibration. I mean I can drive around with a dirty windshield and it not be a problem? I replace the glass and all the sudden I have to bend over?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just had a crack in my windshield fixed by Safelite, covered by insurance, free. Was so easy, booked everything on line. The crack occurred from a rock coming out of nowhere and hitting the windshield near the wiper. Was a huge smack, my wife and I nearly jumped out of our seats. We were driving on a 2 lane highways on our way back from Ga to Fl. The size was about 3/8 inch diameter, spider that did not spread. I was amazed at the process to fix it. I thought for sure I needed a new windshield. I took about 1.5 hours, very detailed process of cleaning, filling, buffing, etc. You can barely see the crack anymore. You have to really look close to see the slight blemish now.

OregonDuck90_BL

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLC 300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had the same thing happen to me coming from Central Oregon back to the Willamette Valley. Had a rock absolutely smack my windshield just barely above where the windshield begins. I looked and looked during the drive home and couldn't see anything but had a hunch something was there. I got about 1/2 way home on the 2+ hour drive, and looked down and suddenly there were 2 separate cracks coming up the windshield. One was about 3" and one was about 2.5", side by side, about an inch apart. When I got home, I measured them and they were 4" and 3" respectively. I immediately went online and scheduled Safelite. The next morning, I went out in the garage... and the cracks were now 9" and 7.5" just from sitting in the garage and without me even opening/closing doors on the Bronco. Remarkable. The cracks are now 10" and about 8.5". They keep growing so I haven't driven it since then and I'm looking forward to Safelite fixing it and being able to back out on the highway again.

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same issue, ding at base of windshield below wiper. Just sitting crack is growing...
Sponsored