Windshield washer not spraying

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine would do this with a full bottle, it is pretty annoying.
Sponsored

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine just started doing this yesterday. My 21 VB Black Diamond goes like a snow mobile and the heater is awesome. Just need to figure our washer fluid issue

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine started having issues during the storm this past week.
Iā€™ve had it since July ā€˜21 so it went through the last NJ winter. Friday I was out and about as the temps dropped from over 40F to the teens in the span of about 4hrs. The rear sprayer continued to work but the front stopped. It looked like the factory blue fluid had clogged the nozzles. 3days of temps under freezing and nothing I tried worked. I assume they were frozenā€¦..but now the pump doesnā€™t run and the rear no longer works. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a blown fuse. Iā€™ll have to check in the morning and update from there

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine started having issues during the storm this past week.
Iā€™ve had it since July ā€˜21 so it went through the last NJ winter. Friday I was out and about as the temps dropped from over 40F to the teens in the span of about 4hrs. The rear sprayer continued to work but the front stopped. It looked like the factory blue fluid had clogged the nozzles. 3days of temps under freezing and nothing I tried worked. I assume they were frozenā€¦..but now the pump doesnā€™t run and the rear no longer works. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a blown fuse. Iā€™ll have to check in the morning and update from there
Hello, Joe! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello, Joe! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
After swapping fuse #16 Iā€™m good to go. I believe the factory fluid froze so the pump pulled too much current and blew the fuse. Warmer temps and refilled with a windshield washer fluid Iā€™ve never had issues with and everything works as it should

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After swapping fuse #16 Iā€™m good to go. I believe the factory fluid froze so the pump pulled too much current and blew the fuse. Warmer temps and refilled with a windshield washer fluid Iā€™ve never had issues with and everything works as it should
Mine blew the washer fuse sunday. Gonna add some meth to it this time round.

harleyrider67

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine would do this with a full bottle, it is pretty annoying.
I live in Chicago and we had a blast of cold weather for the holiday weekend, and once I drove my 2021 Bronco Wildtrak the windshield solvent would not pump, the reservoir was full of extreme cold weather fluid. I ordered an instant on heater for the windshield fluid and installed it to fix the issue.
This is a safety issue, if this continues!

thanks,

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not even labeled correctly in the manual and my fuze box doesn't have any labels.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So strangely enough, my rear wiper continued to work even though fuse 16 was blown, so I thought I had a bad pump (not checking fuse 16 because Ford's manual says it is for the rear wiper motor). So I swapped the pump and No Bueno, still dead. My fuse also blew after the extreme cold snap in Texas... anyone seeing a theme here? It failed overnight, which makes no sense since the vehicle was not running.

Now access to swapping the pump was interesting, as I had no idea where exactly it was or how to access it. For those curious, you have to go through the passenger wheel well, remove some of the fender liner fasteners, reach in an pull really hard to dislodge the windshield washer pump (it took a while of wiggling and pulling to dislodge it). Pull it out through the fender liner and disconnect/reconnect the hoses, electrical connector, and then return it all to where it came.

So as I said, I didn't check the fuse until after replacing the pump, but it was blown, replaced the fuse and the pump motor runs again. Of note, the spray from the new pump is MUCH better than the original pump. I will have to see if it was a different part number, because the original pump sucked ass. The replacement pump I ordered was a Ford packaged and branded part for the Bronco which I purchased from Rock Auto.

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fuse 16 was blown as well on my Bronco but I noticed as well when my windshield was replaced the technician didn't hook up the water line back to the cowl. Everything works now after reconnecting the line and replacing fuse 16.

Sponsored

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This happened on my 23 BD after the latest cold snap here in Texas. Not sure if washer fluid froze or was just low, but I did add quite a bit of washer fluid. Replaced fuse 16 and it fixed it.

Night Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same problem- I found a solution! Blown fuse. Fuse #16 in the engine compartment fuse box. 10amp fuse.
Same here... the 10A fuse.
I noticed some mild arc marks on one fuse base and the fuse link itself was clearly blown. So, what ever caused it, the fuse did its job. Replaced the fuse and all is well again.
Sponsored