First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has happened to me with my Wildtrak multiple times. Random occurrence for sure but does frustrate me. Interested if Ford is aware of this and what the permanent fix is.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has happened to me with my Wildtrak multiple times. Random occurrence for sure but does frustrate me. Interested if Ford is aware of this and what the permanent fix is.
I just had my Bronco in for a service and I logged this complaint as this issue happens to me once in a while. Of course it was working fine when I took my rig inā€¦

The service tech said thereā€™s no TSB on this matter, at least up here in Canazuela.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, Robert. This windshield washer fluid concern doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Scari

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was this ever figured out? Iā€™m now having the same issue.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was this ever figured out? Iā€™m now having the same issue.
Iā€™ve had the same issue once a few weeks back. It happened to be a very cold day so I chalked it up to maybe something had frozen up (though I thought washer fluid was designed not to freeze easily). I made sure the reservoir was full, but it just didnā€™t work the entire way home from the trail. The next day I went to do a full check of the system at the house and it magically worked again.

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tooth pick, compressed air, idk look?

Scari

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve had the same issue once a few weeks back. It happened to be a very cold day so I chalked it up to maybe something had frozen up (though I thought washer fluid was designed not to freeze easily). I made sure the reservoir was full, but it just didnā€™t work the entire way home from the trail. The next day I went to do a full check of the system at the house and it magically worked again.
Mine just stopped working. Only the drivers side. It spurts a tiny bit when I put it on and then stops right away. Passenger and rear are fine.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The standard blue washer fluid freezes quite easily at typical winter temps. During normal winter temps you should use purple or orange winter blend fluids and with the arctic temps we've had the last couple weeks the yellow deicer fluid may be needed. Standard blue fluid is mostly water with a little alcohol and detergent. It will freeze easily overnight and won't thaw out till the engine warms up the engine bay. When you consider the diameter of wiper fluid hoses it doesn't take much for them to freeze.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The standard blue washer fluid freezes quite easily at typical winter temps
This is true.

For whatever absolutely ever-retard-loving reason itā€™s illegal in California to buy the cold weather wonā€™t-freeze stuff.

You have to roll your own - mix about a cup or two of Isopropyl (not denatured) in with a gallon of the blue or green stuff.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I FOUND THE SOLUTION! šŸ˜²

Well... maybe.

Okay, so the first year we had the Bronco, we had this issue several times. Like, at least once every month or two, and most of the time it's hot here, so I doubt the cold/ice has anything to do with it (unless that's another unrelated issue, which it could be). The first couple of times, I thought the tank was low, since you can't see the fluid level visually, and I didn't even realize there's an indicator that comes on when it actually is low. Obviously, that wasn't the problem. And like many of you, this issue comes and goes at random with no clear reason.

Last year (I don't remember exactly when, but it's been several months at least) I started thinking that maybe it has something to do with the washer fluid tank experiencing a vacuum, as if it's not venting properly. So I figured I'd try something:

I drilled a tiny hole, I think about 3/32", in the filler cap. Couldn't do any harm either way. Well, guess what?

We haven't had a single incident of the washer fluid not spraying since then!

Now, does this prove anything? Of course not. It's purely anecdotal evidence, and it could just be coincidence. But we haven't changed anything else, and for some reason we haven't had the issue again.

So if you want to give it a try, it certainly won't hurt anything. You're not going to lose fluid, and it just might work. If anyone here wants to do the same, please post here if you still have a problem afterward. Likewise, if we ever have the issue pop up again on our Bronco, I'll revisit this thread and edit this post...

Good luck!

Sponsored

Scari

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
tooth pick, compressed air, idk look?
i
I FOUND THE SOLUTION! šŸ˜²

Well... maybe.

Okay, so the first year we had the Bronco, we had this issue several times. Like, at least once every month or two, and most of the time it's hot here, so I doubt the cold/ice has anything to do with it (unless that's another unrelated issue, which it could be). The first couple of times, I thought the tank was low, since you can't see the fluid level visually, and I didn't even realize there's an indicator that comes on when it actually is low. Obviously, that wasn't the problem. And like many of you, this issue comes and goes at random with no clear reason.

Last year (I don't remember exactly when, but it's been several months at least) I started thinking that maybe it has something to do with the washer fluid tank experiencing a vacuum, as if it's not venting properly. So I figured I'd try something:

I drilled a tiny hole, I think about 3/32", in the filler cap. Couldn't do any harm either way. Well, guess what?

We haven't had a single incident of the washer fluid not spraying since then!

Now, does this prove anything? Of course not. It's purely anecdotal evidence, and it could just be coincidence. But we haven't changed anything else, and for some reason we haven't had the issue again.

So if you want to give it a try, it certainly won't hurt anything. You're not going to lose fluid, and it just might work. If anyone here wants to do the same, please post here if you still have a problem afterward. Likewise, if we ever have the issue pop up again on our Bronco, I'll revisit this thread and edit this post...

Good luck!

I ended up calling my local dealer and asking about it. They said this is something they have seen with some regularity and set an appointment to replace the motor. Itā€™s covered by my warranty so Iā€™m just going to let them deal with it. Thanks for the tip though!

BDSQWCH

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4door Badlands Bronco, 94 Eddie Bauer Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine seems to stop working everytime it freezes and still doesn'twork after it thaws, usually I hear the motor but no fluid comes out but this time there's absolutely nothing. Possibly a fuse by my concern is that it happens too often. It's probably happened 4 or 5 times in 2.5 yrs.
Sponsored