Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did this in a heavy rain a couple of weeks ago. I need to take it to the dealer to get them to look at it.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.

UPDATE 2/20/22. Due to the large number of similar issues with wiper controls among Bronco owners in this forum. Please report to your local governing body before someone seriously gets hurt.

For Canadians:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

For Americans:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...urages-you-report-your-vehicles-safety-issues
Haven’t had any issues with my wipers

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company This is still not resolved and winter is here in earnest. This causes windshield icing and is extremely dangerous. When are you going to take this issue seriously?

Sponsored

a10thunder

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add me to the list of wiper issues. Got my Badlands In November and I've driven it a couple of times in the rain. Each time, the wipers would slow down and sometimes stop completely by themselves.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine has quit doing this. I took a 400 mile road trip in heavy rain and ran them on high non-stop for hours and they never slowed down. Anyone else run into it fixing itself?

mark2215

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has quit doing this. I took a 400 mile road trip in heavy rain and ran them on high non-stop for hours and they never slowed down. Anyone else run into it fixing itself?
Yes, same thing happened to me. The motor was shutting off on it's own. Went on a long trip in heavy rain. For about 10 minutes had to switch off and back to high then suddenly they just started working properly and I haven't had a problem since.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven’t had an issue with mine for a long time.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add me to the list of wiper issues. Got my Badlands In November and I've driven it a couple of times in the rain. Each time, the wipers would slow down and sometimes stop completely by themselves.
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this wiper concern for you? Thank you!

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to me today in a heavy snow squal, pretty freaking annoying.

If I turned them completely off then back on they worked but what a pia turning them on and off every 2 minutes.

They seemed to stay running longer at a lower speed, but the snow was really too heavy to not run them on high.

cyxpack

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.

UPDATE 2/20/22. Due to the large number of similar issues with wiper controls among Bronco owners in this forum. Please report to your local governing body before someone seriously gets hurt.

For Canadians:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

For Americans:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...urages-you-report-your-vehicles-safety-issues
I had my Bronco for about 2 months, hit the first heavy rain on 12/12, temperatures 40F, 55 mph on the interstate going to work, wipers on high, then wipers go slower and s l o w e r until they stopped completely (or slowed just interment), had to toggle between regular and fast. Just reported to NHTSA.

JTM

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just got my 2023 Bronco Outer Banks a 10 days ago and this is definitely an issue! @Ford Motor Company I believe you have a problem here. I need to report this to my dealer.

p18303

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been having the same issue with my new 2022 Bronco 2 Door Badlands / Sasquatch package with Lux package. Driving in a heavy rain, the windshield wipers will go to intermittent or stop after 30 - 40 seconds when I put them in continuous low or continuous high modes. I have to keep turning then off and on again about once minute to keep them going. I think this is a safety issue. I have already filled out a report on the NHTSA website.

Has anyone having this problem had it remedied by the dealer?

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine did it a few times the first month or so but hasn't happened again for at least 8 months.
I never took it to the dealer or asked for a repair.
Sponsored