Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Basic rule: any time someone says "many" or "I'm hearing..." then they're lying or were lied to. This counts in politics and cars, both things people care about deeply!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Medic2586

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do and I do it myself!Always have on everything I’ve owned. 69 Mach one, 76 f100, 82 f100 (300k+), 15 taurus etc

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
"so many reports"

"but everyone is saying"
^ These are the things people say when they are trying to incit some sort of baseless, nonsensical, hysteria.

The 2.3l is a great engine dude! Don't listen to haters that love to espouse thier own bullshit opinions.

Sponsored

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everybody talked about the 5.4 Triton 3v. I’ve got a 2006 and love the engine. It’s strong and no issues at almost 200k.
Haha can't get my dad to get a new truck because of the same reason. He likes to be able to work on it himself. Been pretty much trouble free.

Don't worry about the 2.3 It is in Trucks, Mustangs, Focus, Lincolns, kit cars. It is so similar to the 2.0 which is in everything.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After seeing so many reports of bad 2.3 and the v6 engines on til too and other forums, I am truly beginning to worry. I have a 2.3 BigBend that I love which I have had for 17 months now and only 6500 miles. No issues thus far but everyone is saying 12 to 15k and these engines are knocking, locking up. Just worried after pay over 50k + crazy financing.
Many reports? not...

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard of maybe one 2.3 failure, and a couple 2.3 turbo failures, but that's all. 2.7 valves were short lived, and some cam phaser issues since then.
I'm more worried about my screeching synchros than my 2.3 grenading.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

....but can you provide some examples of the "many reports" from "everyone" so we may all be better informed?
Many reports, the best reports, everyone knows these reports. Some say the 2.3 is the worst engine that was the best when i had it, but the worst when anyone else had one. Believe me. Some of those 2.3's, you can just grab 'em by the oil pan.

Lynchpin

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Somebody ran one out of oil and put a video on TicToc lol.

I was watching YouTube shorts the other day and one video said 2 different Ford engines I have are junk lol. Both have been trouble free for over 200k miles. Go figure.
This.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Many reports, the best reports, everyone knows these reports. Some say the 2.3 is the worst engine that was the best when i had it, but the worst when anyone else had one. Believe me. Some of those 2.3's, you can just grab 'em by the oil pan.
Make Ford engines great again.

Last edited:

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 2.3 has been in Mustang since 2015 in various iterations obviously little changes have been made and the 2.7 in the F150. Any mass production vehicle is gonna have issues. I’ve been in the F150 pages and forums since 2009 and the 2.7 has been super reliable. It had a bad run but that can happen. I had two 2.7s in F150s and one tuned for over 30k miles and no issues. I’ve been on Mustang forums since 2015 and the 2.3 gets stick from the V8 guys buts it’s been reliable too. Only shame is Ford didn’t upgrade the Bronco 2.3 in 24 like they did the Mustang 2.3 in 24 with Port injection as well.