hellb0y

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haven’t heard of any issues with the 2.3 - the first version of this engine was indeed a nightmare, poor Focus RS owners…including me. Ford heavily revised the engine before dropping it in the Ranger and there have been no issues since then…
Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After seeing so many reports of bad 2.3 and the v6 engines on til too and other forums, I am truly beginning to worry. I have a 2.3 BigBend that I love which I have had for 17 months now and only 6500 miles. No issues thus far but everyone is saying 12 to 15k and these engines are knocking, locking up. Just worried after pay over 50k + crazy financing.
i have a 2021 bd 2.7l 4dr softy and i abuse it daily if not weekly ...i have even submerged it
turned off motor when water got to engine lol drug it out started it and drove home lol
i have had very few issues and have 31k mls i love "hard rock charlie"

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had mine for two years and 33k miles. 2.3 with manual. A couple of times I had a faint rattle below 40 degrees but nothing like some of the vids I've seen here. The Bronc is the 5th version of Ford's Lima block that I've owned dating back to a 70s capri and all of them have been reliable. Only one of them did not make it to 100k and that was entirely my fault due to an accident. If you take care of the 2.3 you won't be disappointed.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After seeing so many reports of bad 2.3 and the v6 engines on til too and other forums, I am truly beginning to worry. I have a 2.3 BigBend that I love which I have had for 17 months now and only 6500 miles. No issues thus far but everyone is saying 12 to 15k and these engines are knocking, locking up. Just worried after pay over 50k + crazy financing.
I have a 2022 Outer Banks got it in July of 2022 currently have 38k on it no issues runs great. Averaging 22 mile per gallon HWY/city.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Medic2586

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks to each and every commenter on this thread. I just wanted to get some conversation going and it worked. People came out of the woodwork to offer opinions. Guidance and insight. For each, I appreciate your candor and hope each of us have a long happy time riding our Bronco to the end.

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2022, 2.3 is solid as a rock at just about 27,000

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Everyone" is an extreme exaggeration.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You really should do your research before making claims like these. We all have other things to worry about. WTF

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just keep in mind that the vast majority of post of almost anything on the internet/social media is negative in someway...how many times do you really see people happy with something post about it? Its about 1/10 of negative posts made about something.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Many reports, the best reports, everyone knows these reports. Some say the 2.3 is the worst engine that was the best when i had it, but the worst when anyone else had one. Believe me. Some of those 2.3's, you can just grab 'em by the oil pan.
I grab mine by the turbo, cause it's so hot.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One of the consoling factors for me is that the 2.3L has been well proven in mustangs prior to being used in the Bronco. Not a fan of buying first year engine releases and not concerned about this one...

beepee24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i have a 2.3L and needed a new cylinder head @ 27k miles…. Broncos still in the shop.😓 (parts on back order)

but I still love her and will keep her forever and just want to drive around. that’s what the warranty’s for. i’d still put my order in again given the choice!

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only part of your post that should keep you up at night is about “crazy financing”… yeah - don’t do that. Guess it’s too late. Other than that it’s just a vehicle and not worth your worry
Sponsored