Sponsored

Would you buy with extra options today or wait for an order if both same price over MSRP?

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After talking to well over 100 dealers looking for a Raptor, best I could find was ordering at $10k over. Now one of them has come back to me and offered an incoming Raptor that is being built next month at same $10k over. Only catch is that it has two options I wouldn't have chosen for myself (beadlock wheels & CF interior) so it's just under $4k higher than my order would be. It's also Black vs the Hot Pepper Red I would have ordered, though my current car is black and I'm fine with keeping a black car clean. First response was to wait for what I would order, but now I'm second guessing. Though order was supposedly on an allocation, it may be a while to be built and Ford could do another price increase. Somewhat tempted to just go with the more certain purchase.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t think you can go wrong on the build they have. It will hold its value how itā€™s setup. Can drive that til the one you ordered showed up. Then decide what you want to do. Least youā€™ll have a bronco.

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

agree with @Ground_zero298 - my dealer had a black one built similarly but was $30k over MSRP. so unless the unwanted options are so egregious that you wouldn't enjoy the rig, I would do it.

love the BRaptor but for the trails I run here in NE, that bad boy is a bit too wide. otherwise, I would consider one too - just not black.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like you can afford the $14k and IMO thatā€™s not too expensive for having a sure thing likely much sooner than if you placed a Raptor order. At age 58, Iā€™m more of the opinion than ever before that there is no time like the present. As a bonus if you do buy, black looks amazing!

I was on a waiting list since February 2019 for a boat slip at our Florida condo and one became available suddenly in December a couple of years sooner than expected. I found a boat in two days and flew to Naples the next day to do the sea trial. It wasnā€™t the color I wanted and had the smaller 9ā€ navigation screen but Iā€™m glad I pulled the trigger. We now have 40 hours of run time and lots of memories with family and friends. It will get a lot more use with three of my buddies now coming to FL for the first time for our annual Super Bowl guys weekend for lots of sun, fishing, boating, and beers.

Itā€™s hard to put a price on what a toy like what a boat or a new Bronco Raptor brings. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got back to dealer and going to take the Feb build. Good points on just selling/trading it when the ordered one comes in.

@MnLakeBum - I've been coming around more to that same view. Been seeing too much bad news of folks I know that had resources to do things but put them off until after retirement and then passed before they had time to do actually do and enjoy them.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those two options wouldnā€™t be a deal breaker for me. I agree for nearly the same price take the one that hopefully is a sure thing. Having the beadlock capable wheels may increase resale down the road. The CF trims parts eh could take them or leave them. At least they arenā€™t bright red trim parts lol.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got back to dealer and going to take the Feb build. Good points on just selling/trading it when the ordered one comes in.

@MnLakeBum - I've been coming around more to that same view. Been seeing too much bad news of folks I know that had resources to do things but put them off until after retirement and then passed before they had time to do actually do and enjoy them.
I canā€™t even count how many former co-workers I had at 3M who worked the extra 5 years to max out their pension and then died within 2 years of retiring. 35+ years dedicated to the company and they never got to do do many of the things they had planned for. Itā€™s the primary reason I took early retirement at age 53 in 2018 as soon as it was reasonably possible.

OP
OP

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ugh, found out it also has the blue interior. Not sure about that one with a black exterior. If I end up selling it when my ordered one comes in I wonder if that will reduce sales price.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you can afford the $14k and IMO thatā€™s not too expensive for having a sure thing likely much sooner than if you placed a Raptor order. At age 58, Iā€™m more of the opinion than ever before that there is no time like the present. As a bonus if you do buy, black looks amazing!

I was on a waiting list since February 2019 for a boat slip at our Florida condo and one became available suddenly in December a couple of years sooner than expected. I found a boat in two days and flew to Naples the next day to do the sea trial. It wasnā€™t the color I wanted and had the smaller 9ā€ navigation screen but Iā€™m glad I pulled the trigger. We now have 40 hours of run time and lots of memories with family and friends. It will get a lot more use with three of my buddies now coming to FL for the first time for our annual Super Bowl guys weekend for lots of sun, fishing, boating, and beers.

Itā€™s hard to put a price on what a toy like what a boat or a new Bronco Raptor brings. :)

We've got a place on Marco Island. Maybe we'll run into one another on Keewaydin Island!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We've got a place on Marco Island. Maybe we'll run into one another on Keewaydin Island!
We may very well bump into you! I made the trek down to Keewaydin by boat over the Christmas break with the entire family. Itā€™s a great way to spend the day and itā€™s only 28 NM round trip.
Sponsored