Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

• Total voters

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
So I'm probably keeping mine no matter what...but if they come out with a neon purple with green interior in 2022, I am going to reserve 10 of them for my local dealer and then probably pass on all 10 after they slap me with their dealer fee...

Advertisement

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

Nah. There are enough colours I'm interested in. I know some find them boring but the Bronco will be such a presence that it doesn't need a flashier colour.

Unless there was a metallic teal or a light metallic blue.... That might make me think twice.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Wishful thinking.
Ford would be stupid to announce new colors before all of these 2021 orders are delivered. They'll likely wait until 2023 model year for changes.

OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTCS
Clubs

Wishful thinking.
Ford would be stupid to announce new colors before all of these 2021 orders are delivered. They'll likely wait until 2023 model year for changes.
Would they though? It would definitely be after the orders are placed in December... Dealers would love to have the Bronco's on the lots to sell for extra and no real loss if to them if people swap reservations to 2022.

Chrism81

Base
First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Clubs

Hell no. There are a few colors that I like currently and there's no way I am waiting any longer.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Would they though? It would definitely be after the orders are placed in December... Dealers would love to have the Bronco's on the lots to sell for extra and no real loss if to them if people swap reservations to 2022.
"Bird in the hand", as they say. I've never seen a business owner or a salesman give up a sale for future sale. I guess it's possible. I just don't think it's probable.

Desert_6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

As much as I'd like the CO. I likely won't want to spend the extra $ for it since my build is probably going to be a few grand over what I want to spend. But I'm not going to wait at least another 6 months to a year after I would take delivery of my Bronco.

YetiBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Special Edition
Clubs

I have read lots of comments how people wish Ford offered more ore different colors. Has anyone one else wondered what it would take to give their a new paint job? Since the Bronco is suppose to be very modular maybe changing colors would be easier? Not sure. I have no experience with vehicle painting. I was driving yesterday and I came across an awesome color on a Range Rover called Byron Blue. I think it would look really good. It is a silver blue or ice blue reminds me of a color you would see on an early Bronco.

Byron Blue.JPG

Mattwings

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I can live with White every time and right now, the Cactus Gray is my choice. Grabber Blue or Yellow might get me, but I can always change it up as long as the Z plan price keeps me ahead of the depreciation (on hot selling vehicles it typically does). Plus, a Mach E is hopefully our next vehicle after the Bronco and that will be in year 2 or 3 by then, so may have some cool colors.

XCR440

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If Ford would add something like Jeeps Mojito, I wouldn't cancel my Cyber Orange, but I would order a 2022 to replace it as I expect resale to be good enough to trade pretty reasonably.

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
I have read lots of comments how people wish Ford offered more ore different colors. Has anyone one else wondered what it would take to give their a new paint job? Since the Bronco is suppose to be very modular maybe changing colors would be easier? Not sure. I have no experience with vehicle painting. I was driving yesterday and I came across an awesome color on a Range Rover called Byron Blue. I think it would look really good. It is a silver blue or ice blue reminds me of a color you would see on an early Bronco.
Even if the fenders and the quarters bolted off, and the doors, hood, and tailgate came off...you still have the windshield and door jambs that would have to be painted which you could either removed the weather stripping or the actual glass itself...and the door jambs you would have to tape....including around the VIN stickers...

Meaning, it would still be a pain...

Advertisement

Advertisement