Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

At the end of the day, you either get it or you don't right?
You are right - it isn’t the money that bothers me so much as it is the time wasted waiting on your order only to turn it down. Especially hearing this one week before delivery - I can’t even imagine, I would be livid at the time I wasted waiting on the order
Sponsored

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look around on lots...some are available.... That dealer is out of their Minds...not aware of the current state of the economy and Financing. Id Elon Musk them....Go Fuck youselves...
As members we can blow them up!

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I read through this post and man, im really sorry for OP having to deal with this crap. I keep reading there’s nothing Ford can do, dealers buy vehicles from Ford and they are theirs so do with what they like..on and on. But there is something Ford can do. Stop selling shitty corrupt lying dealers inventory.

I can tell you first hand that dealing with a crap dealer puts a bad taste in your mouth for not just the a-hole dealer, but the product as well. If I mass produced a product and found that a store using my corporate logo was screwing customers like they did to OP, you can bet your ass they would not be selling my goods any longer. Farley could put the screws to the bad players if he chose.

This whole environment of scumbag dealer antics can 100% be roped in by Ford if they actually cared, except they don’t, well maybe in commercials and bot posts they say they care….but you know that’s the whole trendy fake news thing.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ugh that is disgusting. After waiting so long too, I'm sorry you are dealing with that. I hate people that are deceptive. It should be illegal for dealers to do this.

What do you have, in paper/written stating your price prior to this text? Different states have a different requirement for what is considered a legally binding contract.

This link has some info.

"Overall, it is important to remember that any contract for the sale of goods over $500 must be in writing to be legally binding in Tennessee. By having a contract in writing, both parties involved are protected in case either party fails to fulfill their part of the agreement."

I left a 1 star review on google in the mean time. I hope you have some recourse after waiting all this time.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I patiently waited years for my order. My heritage is a week away and I get this text when I ask about price protection.

View attachment 587918
Do you have a signed sales contract of guarantee of MSRP in writing? Was there price protection on the Heritage edition???

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actually, I did over the past year ask for guarantees on the price. I even have a signed invoice by Frank Taylor the GM. But this week, like their word means nothing. I just called Ford and like you said, there is nothing they can do at the dealer level except take my complaint.
If you have a signed invoice with a price then call the attorney generals office and have your lawyer call the dealer....... Show us a copy..

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I actually opened a case with the State Attorney General for price gouging.
It is not price gouging. We live in a free market society. Price gouging is raising prices are basic needs during an emergency. A 60k car is not a basic need...

Sponsored

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been asking actually for several months and I got the same answer. You are protected, they will sell it at the price we agreed on the signed invoice. This text came today out of the blue.
Do you have any of that communication in writing? Not as good as a written contract, but that is a verbal one. Gonna be an SOB to sue but maybe call an attourney

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has zero to do with the dealerships. The vehicle YOU order is bought by the dealership from Ford. It is the property of the dealership regardless of how many forms and agreements the buyer signed. Dealers can do as they wish.
Interesting how that Ford/dealer "relationship", magically, completely reverses, when there is a warrantee item "Ford won't cover".

OP
OP

Deleted member 50782

Do you have a signed sales contract of guarantee of MSRP in writing? Was there price protection on the Heritage edition???
Frank Taylor signed my sales invoice and his word is all I have.
Do you have any of that communication in writing? Not as good as a written contract, but that is a verbal one. Gonna be an SOB to sue but maybe call an attourney
I do , and I filed a complaint with the State Attorney Generals office, but I will not sue. Ive given too much of time already. I will just move on to something else. Maybe a Jeep or 4 runner.

OP
OP

Deleted member 50782

It is not price gouging. We live in a free market society. Price gouging is raising prices are basic needs during an emergency. A 60k car is not a basic need...
Not to get into a debate over opinions on what price gouging is, however Websters dictionary states price gouging is over charging customers for a service or product. Grant it, it happens when there is an emergency so it's widely known that way, however by definition the term does extend to other arenas. No need to remind me I live in a free market society. Perhaps I should have stated that the deceptive practices of Wyatt Johnson Ford wasted 2 years of my life dreaming of the perfect vehicle just to have it taken away. I equate it to being lost in the desert dying of thirst with only thoughts of water, and Wyatt Johnson said come get some water, just to ask for 1000 dollars as he was pouring it. Thats my experience anyway. I also attached the document I was led to believe protected me by Frank Taylor. The legality of document is mute. I was led to believe on several occasions I would pay a certain amount. A week before delivery they changed that. We are decided to pursue other manufactures such as Toyota or Jeep. We gave 2 years of our life based on this dealerships word. Not going to give them anymore. Wyatt Johnson has ruined the Ford brand for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to get into a debate over opinions on what price gouging is, however Websters dictionary states price gouging is over charging customers for a service or product. Grant it, it happens when there is an emergency so it's widely known that way, however by definition the term does extend to other arenas. No need to remind me I live in a free market society. Perhaps I should have stated that the deceptive practices of Wyatt Johnson Ford wasted 2 years of my life dreaming of the perfect vehicle just to have it taken away. I equate it to being lost in the desert dying of thirst with only thoughts of water, and Wyatt Johnson said come get some water, just to ask for 1000 dollars as he was pouring it. Thats my experience anyway. I also attached the document I was led to believe protected me by Frank Taylor. The legality of document is mute. I was led to believe on several occasions I would pay a certain amount. A week before delivery they changed that. We are decided to pursue other manufactures such as Toyota or Jeep. We gave 2 years of our life based on this dealerships word. Not going to give them anymore. Wyatt Johnson has ruined the Ford brand for us.

View attachment 588174
Unfortunately this exact scenario was happening A LOT about 2 years ago. It was repeatedly stated that this signed build sheet is not sufficient and you need to make sure to get a true buyers agreement to lock in that price. It is signed by both parties and is legally binding as an agreement. This isn't one & doesn't give you any leverage in maintaining that price point.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.