First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Click on Shop and then select vehicle kits, which will populate the vehicle description drop boxes. Be sure to indicate how many doors and the trim so that you get the right pieces. The Headlight kit was a good experience learning how to apply PPF for the first time. I learned after my first one to remove the front grill so that you can wrap the PPF easier around the corners. Also lining up the centerpiece you got to look at the slits in the PPF as lines and have it look straight as an arrow.
How much were they? I going to look now! I did what you explained above and a headlight option never popped up! Let me check!
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How much were they? I going to look now! I did what you explained above and a headlight option never popped up! Let me check!
After I go to specifying make/model/doors/Big Bend, it shows body covering options, pillar, wear/tear, and full grill! No headlights....yikes! I definitely want to buy!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Click on Shop and then select vehicle kits, which will populate the vehicle description drop boxes. Be sure to indicate how many doors and the trim so that you get the right pieces. The Headlight kit was a good experience learning how to apply PPF for the first time. I learned after my first one to remove the front grill so that you can wrap the PPF easier around the corners. Also lining up the centerpiece you got to look at the slits in the PPF as lines and have it look straight as an arrow.
I found it!! I replaced Big Bend with Badlands and the kit popped up.....weird! I would assume/believe are the exact same dimensions, correct! Thanks again!!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you know what the Xpel Wear n Tear kit consist of? It looks like four door handle cups, anything else?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not all that familiar with these products. Would this product have any impact on cleaning or dirt showing? Easier to clean? Harder? Will dirt show more or less or no difference?
It doesn't change the effort to clean it. Ideally, you would get ceramic coating which works over the PPF Film just fine which would make cleaning easier.

XPEL can't undercut its dealers. They are going to sell it at a high enough price that their dealers don't balk but some people will still buy it.

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you know what the Xpel Wear n Tear kit consists of? It looks like four-door handle cups, anything else?
In my opinion, getting the precut kits is not worth it. I believe doing a bulk install is the better option. I did get the 12" Sync 4 screen protector and the Headlights and for the rest, I am probably going to do a bulk install for the rest. The wear and tear kit to me looks like all the door handle hand area and the lower section on the doors, which still leave out the front hood and grill. If you are not planning on spending much on PPF and yet want some level of protection from everything besides rock chips and direct impact then you should look at Adam's Polishes Ultimate Graphene coatings. This stuff is awesome. I am applying it over the PPF and all others surfaces.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am still in the "quick detailer every spec" phase with my 4 week old Bronco and based on that experience, the front edge of the hood and grille, the windshield, and the mirrors are the most susceptible to bugs. Nothing like stating the obvious. :)
I still believe that the factory ppf is the best $295 I have spent. I would like to add the windshield frame and the mirrors at this point. I plan to call Xpel and see if I can just pick up the mirrors and windshield.
I did the $25 roll bar kit and it was not that difficult. Naturally it is hidden most of the time so the risk to reward was very favorable. I would probably get someone who knows what they are doing to do the other sections.
Do you have pics of the factory PPF? I’ve been curious on what it looks like.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Factory PPF is limited in the amount of coverage, the whole hood on the bronco is only $255 for the whole hood as a bulk install (48"x 5'). Not sure yet if it will fit once installed. I should know in a couple of weeks.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In my opinion, getting the precut kits is not worth it. I believe doing a bulk install is the better option. I did get the 12" Sync 4 screen protector and the Headlights and for the rest, I am probably going to do a bulk install for the rest. The wear and tear kit to me looks like all the door handle hand area and the lower section on the doors, which still leave out the front hood and grill. If you are not planning on spending much on PPF and yet want some level of protection from everything besides rock chips and direct impact then you should look at Adam's Polishes Ultimate Graphene coatings. This stuff is awesome. I am applying it over the PPF and all others surfaces.
Great! Thanks for the info! Now looking at the drawing, it does look like protection for underneath the door handles and the bottom of the doors! I bought the factory PPF, I covered the door sills, and now looking at the headlights, pillars surrounding the windshield, and inside the tailgate! Maybe by summer, I will try my hand at the panels!!

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be honest. I've owned a lot of 4wd vehicles and I've never heard of or thought about wrapping a whole vehicle or a large part of it with a protectant film - until I ordered a Bronco. The hood and front fenders make logical sense, and now the doors given the rock-throwing Goodyear's. So I guess all that is left is a tiny rear quarter panel and the tailgate. Hmmm, something to consider and one more thing to learn about.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is difficult to get a picture on a clean car. Like the name implies, it is literally an invisible bra. I do have a picture of a dusty car at the dealership before it was cleaned for pickup that shows the coverage area. It basically covers the front edges back about 15 inches on the hood and side fenders. I would do it again in a minute.

Ford Bronco XPEL PPF film pre-cut kits now available for 2-door and 4-door Bronco IMG_3984acropped

Ford Bronco XPEL PPF film pre-cut kits now available for 2-door and 4-door Bronco PPF

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are not planning on spending much on PPF and yet want some level of protection from everything besides rock chips and direct impact then you should look at Adam's Polishes Ultimate Graphene coatings. This stuff is awesome. I am applying it over the PPF and all others surfaces.
I agree. Below is a link to some good information on coatings and PPF. I am using a ceramic spray wax, topped with a ceramic/graphene paste wax. I expect about 12 months of protection. All of the major brands have these type products (Turtlewax Hybrid Solutions, Griots, Mequires, Adams). The Adams you mention looks like a good option as well, more like a traditional ceramic product with a longer duration. Everyone should strive to get something on their new ride as soon as possible. UV, chemical contaminants, and dirt scratches are killers.

Ceramic Coating vs./on top of Paint Protection Film (PPF) (avalonking.com)

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, I just received my Xpel Headlight kit, so hoping to apply them to the headlights in the next several days. So you took off the grill for better access to the headlights during installation, correct. Per Youtube, it looks like grill removal is easy, correct? Also, do you have stock driving/fog lights, and if so, did you get PPF covers for them? My Big Bend does, but I haven't located PPF kits.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to order the factory PPF, but my dealer convinced me it could slow down my order so I skipped it. I’d like to do the partial hood and fenders, the piece under the grille, lower halves of the doors, and possibly the windshield frame. I will be ordering some 4” wide material to do the door sills shortly.
Sponsored