First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got a lot of property up north. 5 years ago the coyote population exploded and cleared out most of the animals or ran them off as they move property to property depending on food. Lost our whole turkey population, all the rabbits, grouse, and had a lot of fawn and deer kills.

My usual setup is just checking fields at night with my thermal scope. Which requires getting out of the truck, initializing the scope, then hoping they are still where you saw them last. Will have a thermal on each side, streaming to the main screen and iPad. If you’ve ever used thermal, it’s hard to hide from. It will show recent foot prints and scat. With this set up can just cruise the trails and see what animals were holding and how many. Running all the ss3 back lights is enough to navigate at night without light spooking them. Then the thermal is for viewing/locating. Now I’ll be able to check as I drive including off to the sides. Then I can park, get out, initialize and stalk from there.

When not looking for yotes it is relaxing to see what’s just standing there watching you go by. And hoping one day to maybe catch a glimpse of the ole Sasquatch playing peekaboo.
LOL...I'm saying to myself, dude, if you would just read! Do you have any problems with wild pigs?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL...I'm saying to myself, dude, if you would just read! Do you have any problems with wild pigs?
Luckily we don’t have any hogs around. I have never seen a wild one in Michigan. At least by us.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are lucky! What is your long range tool of choice?
Hs plr .338 lapua out to a mile
Hs plr 6.5 out to 1400
Hs plr 220 swift out to 600

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spend as much money as you can if you intend to actually use it. You get what you pay for. Pulsar and AGM are a good starting point. Avoid ATN.
Really? Why? Both my ATN scopes work great, they don't crash (I heard complaints in the past), resolution is decent, and battery life has been excellent but obviously they must have had problems to have been selling refurbished scopes.

I am not sure if they are having any problems now, but I have had my thermal scopes for over 3 years now. Granted, it is not like I am out every day using a thermal scope, so that could be part of the reason I have not had any problems.

The same could be said for the first year 6G Bronco... everyone said to avoid a first year vehicle. My Bronco has been relatively problem free and I have put 44k miles on it since late November 2021.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the thermal setup. I don't get the haters....they clearly have never used a thermal imaging camera/scope before. When you're out in the woods at night it can be such a useful tool for anything from predator hunting to search and rescue. Cool stuff!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Help a simple man please. Where is that available at that price?
The ATN budget thermal in 320, the Pulsar RXQ30V used to be a solid 320 scope in that range. Seriously though, save for a 640 scope, you will thank me later. Buy once, cry once with these scopes.

While ATN is not liked by many, it has an amazing feature set (the Non-LT scopes), but seems to be a little lower in quality when it comes to the image (at a considerably lower price with regards to the 640 scopes).

Right now, bang for the buck, it's hard to beat the Thor LT scopes with the 320 pixel 12nm sensor but it's not a 640 scope and it doesn't have the features of the regular Thor line (which are extensive). Definitely don't bother with the Thor LT scopes with the 160 pixel sensor.

Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? Why? Both my ATN scopes work great, they don't crash (I heard complaints in the past), resolution is decent, and battery life has been excellent but obviously they must have had problems to have been selling refurbished scopes.

I am not sure if they are having any problems now, but I have had my thermal scopes for over 3 years now. Granted, it is not like I am out every day using a thermal scope, so that could be part of the reason I have not had any problems.

The same could be said for the first year 6G Bronco... everyone said to avoid a first year vehicle. My Bronco has been relatively problem free and I have put 44k miles on it since late November 2021.
ATN thermals are meh at best. Compare a $3k ATN thermal side by side with an Pulsar or AGM and you'll understand. Specs on paper don't mean shit. Don't buy ATN. They're a shitty company with a shitty product. Their thermals have been dropping in price because they dont sell worth a shit. The entry level ATN may be OK, if that's all you can afford. If you can afford more avoid ATN like herpes.

[I've owned the above brands personally and am a reseller]

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ATN thermals are meh at best. Compare a $3k ATN thermal side by side with an Pulsar or AGM and you'll understand. Specs on paper don't mean shit. Don't buy ATN. They're a shitty company with a shitty product. Their thermals have been dropping in price because they dont sell worth a shit. The entry level ATN may be OK, if that's all you can afford. If you can afford more avoid ATN like herpes.

[I've owned the above brands personally and am a reseller]
At the same price point? 3.6k to 3.6k scope, my ATN does fine. A 3.6k ATN vs a 5k Pulsar, ya the image quality is better on the Pulsar XP50. I am not saying that in general you wouldn't be better off with the Pulsar XP50, but then you would not be comparing scopes at the same price point... and I would absolutely love to have an N-vision HALO XRF, but that's in an entirely different class ($10k).

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mpeugeot

Outer Banks