First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The entire reason I got my $30,555 base 2-Door was due to the problems with the hard top. That problematic hard top caused a bunch of people to try to modify their order and I was able to finagle in with one of the first hard tops (which was eventually replaced by Ford after I got the vehicle). Well worth the value of the hard top to get that vehicle early at that price.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
they both have their pros and cons. Just get the one that fits your needs.

the hard tops with roof racks do look the best, but let me ask a question and hopefully I don't attacked; if a person plans on roof racks, tents, etc, why wouldn't they just get a 4Runner?
Because I want to put things ON my Bronco AND I want real windows in the back with wiper/washer fluid to AND I want to take off the front two roof panels and the door WHILE the roof rails are on. Plus I want the ability to take everything off too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shrinkage he has.
Literally, the soft top has this problem, not the hard top.

Install videos look painful, even with professionals doing the work... :)

Full Video:
Skip ahead to the 15 minute mark to see how difficult this shrinkage is to deal with.
Ford Bronco You can't beat the HARD top! Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 9.57.36 AM

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The hard tops are awesome, though I don’t have one yet. I may get one but really, I feel I know my dealer well enough as it is without having to go back a handful of times more due to discoloration, delaminating, leaks, and weird whistling noises and improper fit between panels and the occasional “ my window broke for no reason” visits.

having said that, if it meant no bronco or a hardtop Bronco, yeah, I would go with a hard top as well.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone has their reasons. I was soft top curious, but
Ford Bronco You can't beat the HARD top! 20230127_165811
I like my HT.
Quiet enough. My use needs calls for removing the second row and leaving the first row on, so the aftermarket hard tops don't really do it for me.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you get that weather proof two door specifica cover? Need one bad!!
Unfortunately I can’t recall the manufacturers name. They were listed on this site. A search may provide the name. I believe they operate out of North Carolina. I looked for the purchase receipt but have not been able to locate it as of yet.

Sponsored

Ricknor353

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately I can’t recall the manufacturers name. They were listed on this site. A search may provide the name. I believe they operate out of North Carolina. I looked for the purchase receipt but have not been able to locate it as of yet.
Bummer - ok, thanks for the reply. I'm gonna keep searching... Must not be searching the right thing though, because I can't find anything like this anywhere...
If you remember, please let me know!
I've wanted the canvas Bimini top since I ordered my Bronco. There was one shown on the Build Your Bronco page on the Ford site when I built it - I even selected it as an option for my build, but apparently they were never really available. Found one on the Ford Parts site, but that ended up just being a canvas - as opposed to mesh - sunshade. No rain protection whatsoever... Does yours keep rain off your dash?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer - ok, thanks for the reply. I'm gonna keep searching... Must not be searching the right thing though, because I can't find anything like this anywhere...
If you remember, please let me know!
I've wanted the canvas Bimini top since I ordered my Bronco. There was one shown on the Build Your Bronco page on the Ford site when I built it - I even selected it as an option for my build, but apparently they were never really available. Found one on the Ford Parts site, but that ended up just being a canvas - as opposed to mesh - sunshade. No rain protection whatsoever... Does yours keep rain off your dash?
Two different animals. I have the Ford canvas “ shade” top. It is used while operating the vehicle. The weather cover I have is for use when the vehicle is parked and topless. I take it with me when I travel during summer when the entire top is off in case the weather turns.

MattJ716

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST - 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up in Buffalo...the Hard Top was worth the wait strictly for the 6 months of winter.. but will be purchasing some sort of soft top for the summer!

Ford Bronco You can't beat the HARD top! Untitled

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Up in Buffalo...the Hard Top was worth the wait strictly for the 6 months of winter.. but will be purchasing some sort of soft top for the summer!

Ford Bronco You can't beat the HARD top! Untitled
Really the best of both worlds... but if you are gonna do both worlds, get the hard top first.

MattJ716

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer ST - 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really the best of both worlds... but if you are gonna do both worlds, get the hard top first.
Completely agree! After switching so many orders for customers just to get theirs sooner… and the amount of times they called mid winter asking when the hard top is available and how much…

😅
Sponsored