First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rock chip that is. Not even two weeks and here it is. Guess they don't call them Grabbers for nothing. Drove my Gladiator for a year and a half and 20k miles with more aggressive tires and not a single one. What I find funny is this is almost the same exact spot on the passenger side door that I got a rock chip when I had my 2017 F-150. Oh well. Probably not the last.

Ford Bronco You never forget your first A65BE4E4-CC6D-4A42-A587-3E7B965EB622

Macro with an iPhone 13 pro

Ford Bronco You never forget your first 96C08D93-1166-48C8-99AD-2342B9AD3113
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, I received my first after breaking it in off road within the first 1k. When I hit the pavement and increased speed, the rocks ejected. Most I could hear under the chassis and hitting the rock rails. But there was this one that was noticeably louder that I just knew took a bite of the paint. A cringe worthy moment, but not much could be done at the moment. Now, if I know that I'm transitioning from off road to pavement, I take the time to pry out some of the larger rocks that are trapped in the tread blocks. Those that remain, I try to eject before reaching speed by purposely driving over the road titties and rumble strips on the side marker.