First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't go thru the whole ordeal here, now...

I simply have way too much in my plate right now but I'll follow up at some point.
Was on a week long, 800km tour thru Quebec when this happened crossing a wooden bridge.

As beat as I can tell, a beam broke off the bridge under the front passenger wheel.

Then the rear come off and slid over the side.

I finally arrived home, last night after the Bronco sat in the water for 3 days.

An incredible group of guys came up from outside Ottawa to do the recovery. Took 3 vehicles and a LOT of rigging and problem solving to get it out safely and without damage.

Updated with more details:

I have a minute, I can add to the story. The situation with the truck was just the beginning.

There was cottagers 1km up the road... They were planning on leaving the following day. If they weren't there, it was likely a 20k hike out. Very little traffic comes down there.

I fact, all we saw were people coming to help and look.

I also have to mention just how buggy it was. If you were unprotected, you were CONSTANTLY being harassed and biten by horse and deer flies and mosquitos.

Not to mention the near 100% humidity and sweltering temps.

At the cottage, they had no electricity... Gravity fed water pumped from the lake, and out house and that's about it.

Cell signal was only possible by walking down from the cottage to the lake and holding your phone a certain way. And while you did so, you were a sitting duck with the bugs!

All I had was my dog, my cell phone, and a pair of shorts and a t shirt that I had already been wearing for a full day.

I only managed to check msg's every hour or so, while also charging my phone in their pickup truck in between.

The extreme generosity and caring of Nipper and Joanne, the cottagers can't be under stated. But the situation I put them in was horrible.

We took his pickup down to have a look at my Bronco, on the way back he lost 4 low and got stuck.

We hiked back up to get his tracked vehicle. He dumped in gas and started down, only to have probably a liter or more of water pumped into the engine.

We drained out the water and continued. Managed to level the truck so it wouldn't roll, but because of a stuck throttle, a shift into reverse drove the hitch receiver on this thing into the tailgate, opening it like a pop can.

On the way back up, the shifter broke and we couldn't get it into low gear. Another repair on the side of the road and we made it back after severely overheating it.

I didn't sleep a wink that night... Severely dehydrated, no appetite and no idea...

It wasn't until the middle of the night that it occurred to me about the FB recovery groups. Stupid of me 😔

Eventually it was JF Dupris who got a hold of me and arranged everything... Grabbing gear, organizing other vehicles, etc.
And all of this after a 12 hrs shift of work, he finished a 5pm and they headed out for the 2.5 hrs drive.

They arrived in the dark and he immediately wanted to go have a look at the situation 😲

He went so far as to climb into the truck, waist deep in murky water to at least disconnect the shift interlock (out of habit, I put it in park before shutting it off 😔)

He also swam around, checking to see if anything was holding or blocking the Bronco. Simply amazing...

Nipper and Joanne had a fire going and the group sat around having a few drinks and enjoying the beautiful area before getting started at work the following day.

I was simply too exhausted, mentally and physically at this point and just crashed on the couch when we got back.

You'll not want to miss the vids on my channel when I get there.

IMG_20230708_163725_415.jpg

J. F. Dubris, the guy in the water, was the master recoverer here...

Simply went all out, no short cuts, no fear (multiple leech attacks!), no damage and did it right.

You all will have to make sure to catch the vid on my channel when I release it.

20230707_114613.jpg

VIDEO:

Dude. I'm so sorry this happened. I'm glad you're still here to tell us about it, though.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Horrible this happened but glad you and the beastie are OK. Hope you're able to find another 6G soon and get back on the trails.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They call me the Lonely Overlander 🤘🏻
Ok, I remember you now. I subscribe to your channel. I love your content. I'm glad you and the dog are safe. :)

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand why anyone would care about damaging the vehicle after that drowning. That vehicle is a write off. There's no way I'd want that thing back.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
-1 bronco

BUT..

+1 bitchin ass story.

Glad everyone is alright. I'm in maine, so I know all about the bugs... that was probably the worst part about the whole ordeal 😂 bug spray only does so much

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry About your Bronco, love that color, hopefully you get yourself another one just the way you like it with Insurance.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry for your loss, but you found great members of a community that were so willing to sacrifice their time and hides to help out a fellow member, and that brotherhood is what keeps this going. You walked out with your life, your doggos life, and a new group of friends you'll never forget. Sounds like a win win at the end.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first thing I thought when I saw this was that thankfully the driver must be okay since there was a pic to accompany the trip over the bridge.

The second was that we lost a cyber orange 2DR.

Sorry this happened but glad that you and your dog are okay. What a story to tell!

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't go thru the whole ordeal here, now...

I simply have way too much in my plate right now but I'll follow up at some point.
Was on a week long, 800km tour thru Quebec when this happened crossing a wooden bridge.

As beat as I can tell, a beam broke off the bridge under the front passenger wheel.

Then the rear come off and slid over the side.

I finally arrived home, last night after the Bronco sat in the water for 3 days.

An incredible group of guys came up from outside Ottawa to do the recovery. Took 3 vehicles and a LOT of rigging and problem solving to get it out safely and without damage.

Updated with more details:

I have a minute, I can add to the story. The situation with the truck was just the beginning.

There was cottagers 1km up the road... They were planning on leaving the following day. If they weren't there, it was likely a 20k hike out. Very little traffic comes down there.

I fact, all we saw were people coming to help and look.

I also have to mention just how buggy it was. If you were unprotected, you were CONSTANTLY being harassed and biten by horse and deer flies and mosquitos.

Not to mention the near 100% humidity and sweltering temps.

At the cottage, they had no electricity... Gravity fed water pumped from the lake, and out house and that's about it.

Cell signal was only possible by walking down from the cottage to the lake and holding your phone a certain way. And while you did so, you were a sitting duck with the bugs!

All I had was my dog, my cell phone, and a pair of shorts and a t shirt that I had already been wearing for a full day.

I only managed to check msg's every hour or so, while also charging my phone in their pickup truck in between.

The extreme generosity and caring of Nipper and Joanne, the cottagers can't be under stated. But the situation I put them in was horrible.

We took his pickup down to have a look at my Bronco, on the way back he lost 4 low and got stuck.

We hiked back up to get his tracked vehicle. He dumped in gas and started down, only to have probably a liter or more of water pumped into the engine.

We drained out the water and continued. Managed to level the truck so it wouldn't roll, but because of a stuck throttle, a shift into reverse drove the hitch receiver on this thing into the tailgate, opening it like a pop can.

On the way back up, the shifter broke and we couldn't get it into low gear. Another repair on the side of the road and we made it back after severely overheating it.

I didn't sleep a wink that night... Severely dehydrated, no appetite and no idea...

It wasn't until the middle of the night that it occurred to me about the FB recovery groups. Stupid of me 😔

Eventually it was JF Dupris who got a hold of me and arranged everything... Grabbing gear, organizing other vehicles, etc.
And all of this after a 12 hrs shift of work, he finished a 5pm and they headed out for the 2.5 hrs drive.

They arrived in the dark and he immediately wanted to go have a look at the situation 😲

He went so far as to climb into the truck, waist deep in murky water to at least disconnect the shift interlock (out of habit, I put it in park before shutting it off 😔)

He also swam around, checking to see if anything was holding or blocking the Bronco. Simply amazing...

Nipper and Joanne had a fire going and the group sat around having a few drinks and enjoying the beautiful area before getting started at work the following day.

I was simply too exhausted, mentally and physically at this point and just crashed on the couch when we got back.

You'll not want to miss the vids on my channel when I get there.

IMG_20230708_163725_415.jpg

J. F. Dubris, the guy in the water, was the master recoverer here...

Simply went all out, no short cuts, no fear (multiple leech attacks!), no damage and did it right.

You all will have to make sure to catch the vid on my channel when I release it.

20230707_114613.jpg

VIDEO:

Sorry to see this my build week brother. Glad to know that you and the pooch are ok. Sorry for the bad luck but I know you will be like the six million dollar man....Better faster stronger. Hang in there brother!

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad you and the doogo are ok. Im curious about the insurance company however. Have you spoke to them yet? Are they going to work with you? My agent already told me any offroad accidents will most likely not be covered. I know another Bronco who had an accident at an offroad event and insurance didnt cover it. Same has sports cars on race tracks. I honestly hope it works out. Good luck!

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

-1 bronco

BUT..

+1 bitchin ass story.

Glad everyone is alright. I'm in maine, so I know all about the bugs... that was probably the worst part about the whole ordeal 😂 bug spray only does so much
Bug spray in Maine is like your brother or sister holding their finger mm's from your face and saying "I'm not touching you"
Sponsored