First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tell him youā€™ve reconsidered your trade in for being such a whiny little ass hatā€¦.your trade in now consists of a Hang in there Hammock, Bronco Flag, a Bronco wild side adventure calendar (circa 2022) and an Autographed authentic Mike Levine ā€œStay Pumpedā€ framed letter.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update everyone: I just got a phone call from the GM, and he is saying he is not sure he can sell the car under duress, so he is asking that the calls and reviews stop, and he will call to have a discussion in the morning. He is very concerned about his reputation and doesn't want any bad blood between us. I did make what I think is a fair offer, but it has taken 5hrs for them to accept or deny even though we had two calls over 20mins long. I must add that while I believe he might be a genuine person these practices cannot be acceptable. I think it's only fair to give them an opportunity to make it right. In the end that's all we want.
Don't relent, make them offer it at MSRP uninstall the shit you didn't approve or want and that's the deal.

Dannyboy71

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I left a 1 star with some choice words - and they actually wrote me back today (noted below): Sounds like maybe the reviews are hitting them and making them stand up.

Response from the owner​
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently speaking with the customer in question, in efforts to come to a resolution.​

I got the same reply after leaving my review, hope they treat the op right like they should have in the first place.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So tired of reading this kind of nonsense. The price was locked. Dealers canā€™t Willy Nilly do whatever they want. They canā€™t deliver you a Focus because ā€œit wasnā€™t in writing.ā€ Same reason I canā€™t claim I want a Badlands when my Base is delivered. If you promise to lock orders at MSRP, then they HAVE to be sold at MSRP.
Who promised it at MSRP, Ford Corporate or the dealership? The only promise I received was from my dealership. It was in writing, and they are honoring it. If the buyer does not have an agreed upon price, in writing and signed by the dealer, the buyer should have no expectation of a specific price. Whether or not you approve has absolutely no bearing on the reality of it.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update everyone: I just got a phone call from the GM, and he is saying he is not sure he can sell the car under duress, so he is asking that the calls and reviews stop, and he will call to have a discussion in the morning. He is very concerned about his reputation and doesn't want any bad blood between us. I did make what I think is a fair offer, but it has taken 5hrs for them to accept or deny even though we had two calls over 20mins long. I must add that while I believe he might be a genuine person these practices cannot be acceptable. I think it's only fair to give them an opportunity to make it right. In the end that's all we want.
We will stop and delete when they honor MSRP. Don't bend!

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If he was that worried about his reputation he would not be trying to rip you off (and others I assume). It's one thing if they want to up charge dealer stock or abandoned orders, but not custom ordered vehicles.

The way I see it is they should be thankful you ordered through them and gave them free money.
-I reserved the Bronco
-I paid $100 deposit
-I used the B&P to build my Bronco the way I want
-I drove to the dealership w/printed build sheet that the salesman simply copied over
-I paid another $500 deposit at order
-I tracked the progress w/little communication from dealer
-I called to make changes
-I got my own financing

-Dealer sat back and collected a check.
Great point to reiterate above your bulletsā€¦ā€¦this isnā€™t dealer stock or abandoned orders. For me, Iā€™m fine with the market setting those values and dealers have every right to make theirs.
These are custom orders being placed with emotion and in some cases not a lot of experience with dealers.
please get involved @Ford Motor Company

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who promised it at MSRP, Ford Corporate or the dealership? The only promise I received was from my dealership. It was in writing, and they are honoring it. If the buyer does not have an agreed upon price, in writing and signed by the dealer, the buyer should have no expectation of a specific price. Whether or not you approve has absolutely no bearing on the reality of it.
Not true...the law does recognize "oral contracts"...they ARE a real thing.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While you are technically correct, I believe there is an expectation that orders will be sold at MSRP unless a specific discount is negotiated. We all saw the MSRP all over the Ford website when we were building out our rigs. I certainly donā€™t think the average reservation holder would have fathomed $20K ADM.

Translate this to another industry, nobody would be ok going to the Apple store to get a $1000 iPhone you ordered online and finding that the store decided to raise the price to $1300 because the store manager wanted to make more profit.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still bad business practice. So if they want to increase price, we have the right to leave poor reviews.
Unfortunately, Ford is not in the business of dictating the selling price for any vehicle. They do set a suggested retail price, but that's it. The dealership can ask any price they want to ask. Of course, we customers can and should negotiate a price that is favorable to us, and we can and should get that price in writing (with signature). We have all see what happens, when that is not done, so it should cone as no surprise, when an order gets slapped with an ADM. That said, you can leave a poor review. No one suggested otherwise.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess he's not used to being on the receiving end of duress, just the giving...
If heā€™s not wild about duress, then he better get used wearing knee pads, because Iā€™m not inclined to remove my rating for the sales of future reservation holders

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While you are technically correct, I believe there is an expectation that orders will be sold at MSRP unless a specific discount is negotiated. We all saw the MSRP all over the Ford website when we were building out our rigs. I certainly donā€™t think the average reservation holder would have fathomed $20K ADM.

Translate this to another industry, nobody would be ok going to Best Buy to get a $1000 iPhone and finding that the store decided to raise the price to $1300 because the store manager wanted to make more profit.
Best Buy actually lists the sales price, for their products. Ford only lists the suggested retail price. Don't get me wrong. I think the dealerships charging ADM sucks, but the possibility it would happen has been discussed in this forum damn near daily, since launch.
Sponsored