Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford corporate headquarters telephone dial 1-313-322-3000. Pressed 0 spoke to Lisa left a detailed voice-mail message about the on going situation with Westway Ford.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been leaving comments on their website-Yelp and yahoo. So far -they have not been taken down. Lets keep this going ....

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine got the "we are in communication with the customer in question", then got removed. Then I reposted it with comments.

Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The gm sent me a list of comps in the area that were selling for over 79,000 and said there’s no way he can go less than market value.
If the dealership thinks that's a viable tactic, should we send you proof of all the D/FW buyers who have bought their vehicles for MSRP +/-? I bet in volume it's leagues ahead of people who are buying for nearly 2x MSRP.

Selling an abandoned reservation is completely different than modifying price on a custom-spec'd delivery. That's the price for them to skip the tens/hundreds of thousands of us in line before them. NOT the case for you.

If they were going to charge you an ADM, the time for them to notify you a) that that was happening, and b) what that price would be was when you posted your $500 / $1,000 down payment to submit the order. That would give you cause to either negotiate the price or move your reservation prior to getting locked in.

They missed their window by 9 months and they're just trying to twist this one off in you right now that you've been locked in for months without ability to seek recourse. I suspect they did it deliberately. If we're talking contract enforcement, them hiding this means unilateral changes to consideration which did not fulfill the requirements for mutual assent. This jumps squarely into bad faith business tactics.

Last edited:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good video discussing the issues at hand.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealership thinks that's a viable tactic, should we send you proof of all the D/FW buyers who have bought their vehicles for MSRP +/-? I bet in volume it's leagues ahead of people who are buying for nearly 2x MSRP.

Selling an abandoned reservation is completely different than modifying price on a custom-spec'd delivery. That's the price for them to skip the tens/hundreds of thousands of us in line before them. NOT the case for you.

If they were going to charge you an ADM, the time for them to notify you a) that that was happening, and b) what that price would be was when you posted your $500 / $1,000 down payment to submit the order. That would give you cause to either negotiate the price or move your reservation prior to getting locked in.

They missed their window by 9 months and they're just trying to twist this one off in you right now that you've been locked in for months without ability to seek recourse. I suspect they did it deliberately. If we're talking contract enforcement, them hiding this means unilateral changes to consideration which did not fulfill the requirements for mutual assent. This jumps squarely into bad faith business tactics.
Exactly, that’s why our discussions were very difficult because they were trying to convince me that I should have been paying attention to the current market of used vehicles. They were overly concerned that I could potentially flip the purchase and make more money than them on the deal. That’s why they were so willing for me to walk normally they’re begging you to stay

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Exactly, that’s why our discussions were very difficult because they were trying to convince me that I should have been paying attention to the current market of used vehicles. They were overly concerned that I could potentially flip the purchase and make more money than them on the deal. That’s why they were so willing for me to walk normally they’re begging you to stay
The DFW AutoNation chain is only asking for like 5k over MSRP for rejected orders. I believe Grapevine is asking 10k.

Both sell reservations at MSRP minus like a $500 tint and door ppf or something.

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly, that’s why our discussions were very difficult because they were trying to convince me that I should have been paying attention to the current market of used vehicles. They were overly concerned that I could potentially flip the purchase and make more money than them on the deal.
Did you tell them the the Bronco you ordered is not a "used vehicle"?
Did you tell them that it's your prerogative to flip it for a profit if you choose to?

Sponsored
OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna say this then I going to rake leaves. So if you have been paying attention you and realize there is always something new. That is just how much craziness I was being told and a lot of it is in emails for the doubters. This man said to me several times that there’s too much emotions surrounding the sale so he don’t think he could go out go through with it anyway and my response was what do you think you are stealing my Bronco.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dunno if this has ever been done, but is it possible to offer a dealership "right of 1st refusal" on a possible future sale of a vehicle? There would need to be an expiration date of course. An exception would have to be added for insurance claims due to an accident, and a " lemon law" buyback, but that would disarm the "secondary market" argument

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They were overly concerned that I could potentially flip the purchase and make more money than them on the deal. That’s why they were so willing for me to walk normally they’re begging you to stay
Did you say "well charge me MSRP and I'll sign a contract stating I won't resell for 6/9/12/hotdog months after purchase, if that's your only concern."

That deflates their whole nonsensical position in the argument, and as long as you're not actually planning to flip it that first year will zip on by.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#2 on Google!

Ford Bronco Price Gouging @ Westway Ford Irving Texas 200 (7)
This is really impressive. It takes a lot to make the first page of google results unless the search terms are super specific.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you tell them the the Bronco you ordered is not a "used vehicle"?
Did you tell them that it's your prerogative to flip it for a profit if you choose to?
I did then my wife took over and did it again
Sponsored