Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to try and look at this in a glass half full approach. Maybe we have to wait longer now because they heard us out on what else we’d like them to add so they’re trying to make some changes based on what we’ve requested. ????
And if you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn and a FE without navy pier interior to sell you.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Wakes up from Sunday afternoon nap*

"Let me see if anything interesting is on Bronco6G"

Bronco6G:
13871fiv9kBfkQ.gif
You and me both! HAHA

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't know why people are all pissed, the vehicle wasn't going to be here till next year anyway. Why get all bitter just because the online builder is taking longer? And this isn't new for Ford, anyone watch how long the Mach-E has taken.... :) I'm happy to wait, gives me more time to plan adventures to take it on.
I think this might be the most sensible post so far and I've read them all. Yes, Ford communications suck when compared to some of the brands we buy from daily, and some of us work in jobs that put strong pressure on us to communicate with the customer in mind every day or we’d be fired....

Regardless, there's a point to be had that the point of having a Bronco is the experiences you'll get. It's too easy to get caught up in the gear and everything. I know lots of people who spend way more time researching than actually in the outdoors exploring. It's easy to spend more money for add-ons, then you spend on weekend trips.

It’s about the experience, the tool is just something to let you do that hobby nothing more.. I am trying to do more thinking like this with all my hobbies. It makes hobbies much more enjoyable. I think. I set rules for myself that I earn $x to spend on a hobby for every X hours that I actually do the hobby. And I earn myself x hours of online research as well.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No News, Relax!
-Reservation start 13 Jul
-Configure tool Aug
-Change/keep dealer 31 Oct
-Build and price Dec
-Convert Res to Order December and ends whenever you decide
to do it. (First Edition will have a convert by date) others can do it on the first day Ordering is allowed or sit on the reservation to convert for a later build date for financial reasons or match up to expiring lease etc.

Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had hoped to get a quote on out-the-door pricing by the 10/31 deadline to change dealers. A price without laser etched glass, nitrogen filled tires, etc. That and to know if FE is going to be x-plan.

I'll talk to my dealer. But if I can't get something in writing, I'll have to move my reservation to Granger before the deadline. Safest move at this point.

BTW was there ever confirmation whether we could still change dealers at order time?
I'd print out what Granger is offering and bring it in to your dealership and ask them to match it. Tell them you are not paying for any dealer add ons as well. The dealer has no say so on if a vehicle is available on the X-Plan but only if they will honor it if available. If they agree to this then get it in writing like an email. It's worth a shot.

As of now you can't change dealers after 10/31/20.

BroncRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand it is disappointing, especially after so many "sources" said it would go live in August, but I think everyone needs to stop overreacting and chill out.

In the auto industry, most "Build and Price" tools go online a few months prior to launch. This is when the prices, options and buildable configurations are finalized. In a few instances, companies will release some pricing info several months ahead (like the Bronco, Mach-E, etc...) but final option pricing is still being decided.

For reference, the F-150, which comes out this Fall still does not have it's "Build and Price" tool up. The Mach-1 which has similar timing does not have it up either.

I wish it was a tad earlier so I could spend more time going through my options before finalizing my build in December with the dealer. At the same time, it's ridiculous to so upset you're going to cancel a reservation.
Maybe they are implementing some requested changes..

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd print out what Granger is offering and bring it in to your dealership and ask them to match it. Tell them you are not paying for any dealer add ons as well. The dealer has no say so on if a vehicle is available on the X-Plan but only if they will honor it if available. If they agree to this then get it in writing like an email. It's worth a shot.

As of now you can't change dealers after 10/31/20.
Thanks.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL I'm just trying to figure out if Levine's comment of:

"You'll see build and price well before ordering."

is actually suppose to be:

"You'll see build and price??? Well, before ordering."

You know like "Don't!!!! Stop!!!!" vs "Don't stop!!!

Sorry I'm just trying to find humor in the situation. I feel they should have a date on when it will be released. They should just tell us the build and price release date so we can get Doug to set up the countdown clock again. And then when it changes we can update it again! ?

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm a bit disappointed. I would like to have 45 days to think about my configuration with accessories and the pricing. Also, I would like to get opinions on accessories in the forums. I don't think there will be enough time to digest everything.

Sponsored

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are going to say screw it and buy a GT then did you even want the Bronco in the first place? Like comparing apple to oranges. I could see changing your mind to a wrangler or 4Runner but not a GT. Get what you REALLY want!!
I hate this argument, of course you can compare apples to oranges! Maybe I want to go off roading, but I don't want either of those 2 competitors. I have a rather varied interest in cars so the cars I cross shop aren't normally that related to each other, and the Bronco and Mustang both do things I really like, just in different ways. I like the idea of being able to go off road, the utility of an SUV and being able to take the roof/doors off the Bronco, but I'm also a big fan of road course/drag racing and mountain roads, which the Mustang does a damned good job of.

I'm just getting tired of every part of this launch being bad news, that I might not be able to order my Bronco the way I want from the factory. Then whats the effing point of ordering?! Ford really stuffed this launch up and its leaving a sour taste in my mouth whenever I see pictures of a Bronco now.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t know Mike Levine or where he sits in their org structure. I suspect he is a marketing director of some sorts. What I can assure you is he is relaying information that has been approved by others above him. He is the messenger not the decision maker. I am sure he has no desire to further enrage Bronco Nation.

He is keenly aware of the passion around this launch and nobody wants to underdeliver.

The bigger questions should be directed at Jim Farley and Hackett.

They already announced the botched explorer launch. It will be interesting to see if Wall Street picks up on these new developments and if it has an impact on their analysts ratings.

Hackett needed a win. This isn’t helping his cause to remain CEO.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

? I really don’t understand this type of knee jerk reaction to peace out. “OMG everything isn’t perfect and moving how I wanted when I wanted. Why didn’t Ford ask my permission before doing something?”
Guys you have to relax. It’s not like you won’t get your broncos. They have received over 150k reservations already. They’re busy. Fine tuning. Getting it ready for us. Have patience it will happen.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.