Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Government fees (DMV fees?) of $883 also seems excessively high, I'd get a detailed breakdown and verify all the numbers with the State.
Good point! I will ask for a breakdown of every line item on there. And, I'm not putting a "Karr" alarm on my bronco! They can keep it! And the nitrogen too, for all I care. Got the BB package, so already have tint. And Nitrogen? No thank you. As for the door edge guards? $20 on Amazon!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you seeing that they are charging Accessories under the Taxes subhead? These guys are clearly up to no good here....total creeps...
Yes, total scam. $1500 for unnecessary products so they can make a few extra $$.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Good point! I will ask for a breakdown of every line item on there. And, I'm not putting a "Karr" alarm on my bronco! They can keep it! And the nitrogen too, for all I care. Got the BB package, so already have tint. And Nitrogen? No thank you. As for the door edge guards? $20 on Amazon!
It’s really ridiculous and this looks like a way for them to try and add coats without it looking like ADM.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most states have laws against this kind of stuff. You may want to look into it.
I can understand if I was on the lot and they said, we put this stuff on all of our new vehicles. But I ordered this almost a year ago and not once has the dealership, internet sales manager, salesman said anything about "accessories." Everything I have received so far just has the MSRP, BUT it does sound "This is not an invoice..." so that must be how they get away with it.

Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can understand if I was on the lot and they said, we put this stuff on all of our new vehicles. But I ordered this almost a year ago and not once has the dealership, internet sales manager, salesman said anything about "accessories." Everything I have received so far just has the MSRP, BUT it does sound "This is not an invoice..." so that must be how they get away with it.
Do you have a signed purchase order or sales agreement prior to this? In Oregon they must have this stuff itemized on the sales agreement. Also, they are no able to require additional items be purchased as a condition of the sale. CA may very well have something similar.

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s really ridiculous and this looks like a way for them to try and add coats without it looking like ADM.
Needless to say, I will not be recommending them to any of my friends/family! I chose this dealership to support small, rural family-owned businesses (I live near Phoenix). I should have just gone with the big one 5 minutes from my house.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$300 for nitrogen?

On a vehicle that is going to be aired down on a regular basis.

I think that justifies a throat punch
Now I have to buy an ARB nitrogen on-board compressor (oh wait, they don't make them!). So where do I get nitrogen out on the trails?

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a signed purchase order or sales agreement prior to this? In Oregon they must have this stuff itemized on the sales agreement. Also, they are no able to require additional items be purchased as a condition of the sale. CA may very well have something similar.
Good point. I will check with the BBB here in Arizona.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would go in every other week with a scratch in one of the tinted windows. They would rue the day they overcharged me for "Lifetime" window tint.
Keep using an ammonia based windows cleaner and play ignorant every week.
Sponsored