Sponsored

Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package"

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Ford Bronco Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package" Bronco Purchase Order
Sponsored

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Outrageous. Hope you get them to knock it off. $600 is a pretty high doc fee as well!
Right? No such luck. It went all the way up to the GM and Owner, and they all said no.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hey Brongco6G, just when I thought everything was going great. I got my VIN in November, then my build date, and now I have an estimated delivery date! Yes, this is where we have all wanted to be, right? But my salesperson at Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista just sent me my Purchase Agreement (attached below). Why would anyone want these things on a brand new soft-top Bronco? I was never informed of these extra fees and I chose this dealership because I thought they didn't charge ridiculous extra fees. When I asked if they could remove them because I don't need/want them, the head sales manager called and told me that they have such a small profit margin, they have to "make money somewhere." Isnt' that what "doc fees" are supposed to be for?

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Any suggestions on getting around it? I tried to change dealerships already (November 2021 case #), but no luck since Ford is so backed up on dealership transfer requests.

Ford Bronco Not ok! Dealer taking liberties with customer and charging for unnecessary "Accessory Package" Bronco Purchase Order
Where is the list of ‘accessories’ that they are charging for?

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you seeing that they are charging Accessories under the Taxes subhead? These guys are clearly up to no good here....total creeps...

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$300 for some nitrogen in the tires?
And where am I supposed to get them refilled? Keep in mind the stealership is 3 1/2 hours away from me!

OP
OP

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Missed that, what’s a ‘Karr’ alarm, is that a typo or really a type of alarm lol
Its real. And it comes with keyless entry! Great! 1990 called and they want their alarm back!