BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How about a vinyl wrap? Any color. What is the lifespan on them.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

before ford killed all the options but the MIC top, there was supposed to be a body color top, black top, and maybe a white top since there been some test cars seen on the road with them. Just hoping they change suppliers. Webasto is a lost cause
The only color available at the time of my original order was Shadow Black. As far as IF they ever again offer a painted modular top they certainly won't offer it in my color (AMB)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 s10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What paint matched modular top are you talking about? I don't recall this item.
Ford announced a painted metal modular hardtop a long time ago. It can kind of be seen here:

Was supposed to be available on release in 2021, and then was delayed to 2022... Clearly still isn't available for MY'22.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 s10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only color available at the time of my original order was Shadow Black. As far as IF they ever again offer a painted modular top they certainly won't offer it in my color (AMB)
Oh weird, do you know what that small window was when there was a painted mod top available for order?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was $1495 on the 2 door build and price in the spring of 21.
Add $1495 to $5000 soft top = $6495 at the counter. My bet is $7500.

One thing we are banking on is price protection so that we can still get the MOD in MY23. Perhaps they’ll extend to 24.

They also haven’t dropped info on WHO is making the MOD tops since they dropped Worstbesto.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Add $1495 to $5000 soft top = $6495 at the counter. My bet is $7500.

One thing we are banking on is price protection so that we can still get the MOD in MY23. Perhaps they’ll extend to 24.

They also haven’t dropped info on WHO is making the MOD tops since they dropped Worstbesto.
Shipping will be expensive on the mod top if it’s bought from the parts department.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Aside from body-side color on the hard top, what do you really get? The original painted MOD top had removable rear side windows, but beyond that and the body-side color...that's it as I understand it. I originally was supposed to have the painted MOD top but I feel like the MIC (set aside quality control problems encountered by a number of folks) looks pretty dang good. I've looked at my Wrangler that has a painted MOD top and our Bronco with MIC, and, being very honest, I prefer the MIC on the Bronco. Just my 2 cents on a debate that is ages old.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford can’t even put out base tops at this point. I bailed on the mod to get a 22 bronco. No way mod top will be available for 23. They couldn’t even paint the top black for the top of the line raptor bronco. Just a grey mess of a top on a 100k truck, after adm.
Sponsored