Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, determining failure rate depends on how you want to look at it. It’s probably not a concern over the whole production of 2.7’s in broncos. But with 2.7’s between July and October- it could be a larger concern. In other words the failure rate overall is probably insignificant, but the failure rate of engines between those dates could be quite significant.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Build week 162, 7.5k miles so far and no issue yet.
Can we say I have dodged the bullet? Time tobtune the engine?
Build date 21180 - at 7k miles, but still not convinced that I dodged the bullet.

Reactions: Rpm

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes.... we agree....

33/13000 = .00253846.... but you're right. As a percentage, it should be properly simplified, and I was not trying to mislead.

But my point is still the same. If we actually bring it to Bronco deliveries in 2021, the number shrinks to 0.00132 (or 0.132%)

Is that even statistically viable enough that Ford would Care at this point?

I'm sure that the real answer lies more in the cost of repairs and public perception than statistical failure numbers though.
Is this serious?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.... we agree....

33/13000 = .00253846.... but you're right. As a percentage, it should be properly simplified, and I was not trying to mislead.

But my point is still the same. If we actually bring it to Bronco deliveries in 2021, the number shrinks to 0.00132 (or 0.132%)

I'm sure that the real answer lies more in the cost of repairs and public perception than statistical failure numbers though.
If 100 people died after taking a specific medicine, would you say "that's insignificant because there's 7,000,000,000 people in the world"? Or would you raise an immense amount of concern because maybe there's only 100,000 people in the world who've taken that medicine?

Point being: if we lump in *all* broncos on one side, sure the 33 reported on this forum doesn't sound bad at all. If there were 600 total 2.7L broncos from a specific range affected by a specific issue, and 100% of them are going to fail, and only 33 have been reported by this forum, then that's a much more significant issue.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford did exactly the same thing for exactly the same problem on the 1993-5 Mustangs.

Or more recently on the MIC tops for the Bronco. Every single hard top was replaced voluntarily.

One thing of note however, the Honda Recall is a mandate from the NHTSA due to the obvious safety issues that could occur if a hood opens at 75mph on the freeway. It was a mandate,not a voluntary choice.

The Ford Hard-top was an example of a company stepping up, admitting a mistake, and taking credit for a poorly manufactured item that didn't have a safety issue attached.
Good points, thanks for the examples.

Now, how do we get an NHTSA mandate to repair an issue where an engine can cut out at highway speeds?

I sure hope all 33 people on this list have filed NHTSA complaints.

Reactions: Rpm

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When was this, my top is great?
There have been quite a few MIC 2.0’s that leak, have horrible edges, snakeskin, etc. Its been discussed on here numerous times.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting that Tesla seems to have a recall every week where stock and perception manages just fine. That's with a history that includes plenty of short interest. Ford should just bite bullet and get it done. Call it whatever they want.
Tesla has a recent record of running each "finished" vehicle at least one more time through the plant, and not because they are being conscientious but that the first signoff on getting them "out the door" did not include them being "customer ready"

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this serious?
Unfortunately, yes. I feel like I have to explain the data here on a daily basis. Either because they haven’t read the info on page one, or because they WANT to purposely misconstrue what this thread is and what the data stands for.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, yes. I feel like I have to explain the data here on a daily basis. Either because they haven’t read the info on page one, or because they WANT to purposely misconstrue what this thread is and what the data stands for.
There is at least one person per day who comes in with the 33 out of XX,000 Broncos delivered nonsense.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford has even noticed the issue, they are not sad - rather, from their perspective, they've hit it out of the park:

FordAuthority Nov 19, 2021 : Ford Ranked Below Average In 2021 Consumer Reports' Reliability Survey. Last year, Ford ranked 22nd overall out of 26 brands in the annual Consumer Reports reliability survey, a disappointing finish indeed.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford has even noticed the issue, they are not sad - rather, from their perspective, they've hit it out of the park:

FordAuthority Nov 19, 2021 : Ford Ranked Below Average In 2021 Consumer Reports' Reliability Survey. Last year, Ford ranked 22nd overall out of 26 brands in the annual Consumer Reports reliability survey, a disappointing finish indeed.
Saying Consumer Reports methods are flawed, is being generous. I rank them amongst tabloids like the Enquirererer as sources I seek out when making decisions about my purchases. I have more trust in Amazon reviews than CR...

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saying Consumer Reports methods are flawed, is being generous. I rank them amongst tabloids like the Enquirererer as sources I seek out when making decisions about my purchases. I have more trust in Amazon reviews than CR...
Maybe consumer reports is onto something these days, because JD power has Ford near the bottom too ha ha ha
🤣🤪

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe consumer reports is onto something these days, because JD power has Ford near the bottom too ha ha ha
🤣🤪
No! JD Power is paid by Chrysler/Jeep to bash Ford! Ford is number 1. I know this because I own an F150 with 53k miles on it!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🤣🤪
JD Power accepts checks for awards...

"Ranked number one in brands with removable roofs and doors for 38 years!"
Sponsored