Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been quite a few MIC 2.0’s that leak, have horrible edges, snakeskin, etc. Its been discussed on here numerous times.
Pics or it didn’t happen! lol
Far too many idiots in this forum to waste time with their complaints! 🐴🐴🥌🤟
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pics or it didn’t happen! lol
Far too many idiots in this forum to waste time with their complaints! 🐴🐴🥌🤟
I’m not looking it up for you. I’ve seen the pics and posts. You either believe it or not. But here’s a screen shot after one simple search- first page.
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 71CC1F24-3DA8-435A-8B1E-5A1A542CC010

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have more trust in Amazon reviews than CR...
I pinged Bezos, but haven't heard back yet....but"

Auto Blog: “Ford issues the most recalls each year. Ford is the most recalled car brand and it has been since 2004. Some common problems with Ford-made vehicles are transmission failures, blown head gaskets, overheating, and much more.”​
CustomerServiceScoreboard: “Ford customer service is ranked #501 out of the 995 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 31.51 out of a possible 200 based upon 509 ratings. This score rates Ford customer service and customer support as Disappointing.”​
RepairPal: “The Ford Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 21st out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models.”​

Do you have any rating sources you trust?

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pinged Bezos, but haven't heard back yet....but"

Auto Blog: “Ford issues the most recalls each year. Ford is the most recalled car brand and it has been since 2004. Some common problems with Ford-made vehicles are transmission failures, blown head gaskets, overheating, and much more.”​
CustomerServiceScoreboard: “Ford customer service is ranked #501 out of the 995 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 31.51 out of a possible 200 based upon 509 ratings. This score rates Ford customer service and customer support as Disappointing.”​
RepairPal: “The Ford Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 21st out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models.”​

Do you have any rating sources you trust?
I'm the last person I know who fervently defends any brand, and Ford has earned their reputation, as has GM and the corporation formerly known as Chrysler, but Ford has also taken beatings because of user error/3rd party software issues (Microsofts My Ford Touch), lack of maintenance (grossly under inflated tires) and other issues made national sensational news.
When you crowd source opinions to lonely house hermits who desperately desire attention and own blinking VCR clocks, you, too get the reputation you deserve.
My radio is difficult to use is much different than my Land Rover has spent more days in the service department than on my property.
Half way is average...
Ford is responsive to product complaints.
Ford sells more F150s every year than some brands make all models in the same year, some in the same decade.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Ford Hard-top was an example of a company stepping up, admitting a mistake, and taking credit for a poorly manufactured item that didn't have a safety issue attached.
Wasn't it more like blaming a vendor, lying that it was purely cosmetic, and never fixing the problem? My 2.0 top was garbage hot off its 4-month stay at dirt mountain.

When was this, my top is great?
See: Dirt Mountain Storage Complex

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not looking it up for you. I’ve seen the pics and posts. You either believe it or not. But here’s a screen shot after one simple search- first page.
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 71CC1F24-3DA8-435A-8B1E-5A1A542CC010
Not to derail this thread but here is my 2.0 top with a couple areas of unfished edges that appear to be delaminating.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 20211027_082915

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 20211027_083035

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
here is my 2.0 top with a couple areas of unfished edges that appear to be delaminating.
that's every bit as bad as the 1.0 pics. What does your dealer have to say?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's every bit as bad as the 1.0 pics. What does your dealer have to say?
I noticed it and sent those pictures to the service manager within the first week I took ownership. I haven't heard a peep back LOL. I have some other things that need to be addressed as well so when I take it in for those, I will talk to them about it and show them in person.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sure hope all 33 people on this list have filed NHTSA complaints.
so far only 2 are listed on NHTSA site . .
We are considering contacting the B6g members in this list, and suggesting they file a complaint w NHTSA

NHTSA wouldn't have to actually pick it up as 'recall'.
Just the fact of having dozens of complaints listed in their website would get a lot more attention from many avenues.

So far they only have two complaints at NHTSA. We can make that two dozen.

'Recall' or Replacement Campaign of the head assemblies would be fantastic news for thousands of owners presently driving around w maybe defective parts (i.e. 'ticking time-bombs' as some call them)

Turning-up the heat. A couple dozen more complaints w NHTSA would at least turn-up the heat. Some people in this thread say it's the best way to get Ford motivated

Might also get the press more involved. Right now they look at NHTSA and they see only two complaints

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are considering contacting the B6g members in this list, and suggesting they file a complaint w NHTSA

Just the fact of having dozens of complaints listed in their website would get a lot more attention from many avenues.

'Recall' or Replacement Campaign of the head assemblies would be fantastic news for thousands of owners presently driving around w maybe defective parts (i.e. 'ticking time-bombs' as some call them)

Turning-up the heat. A couple dozen more complaints w NHTSA would at least turn-up the heat. Some people in this thread say it's the best way to get Ford motivated

Might also get the press more involved. Right now they look at NHTSA and they see only two complaints
Please please please do this. If I can help in any way let me know.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to derail this thread but here is my 2.0 top with a couple areas of unfished edges that appear to be delaminating.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 20211027_083035

What would you dealer say about a warranty claim on this?

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I’m a big believer in “if you can’t make someone listen to you, find the person they have to listen to”. I do think that if enough people file complaints, something may get triggered. I wish I knew how many for the same thing acts as the trigger.
Sponsored