Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What other packages/options are you guys getting.?Mid and Sasquatch seem like they are worth it if it prices similar to a badlands.
Ppl getting 2 or 4 doors ?
2 door
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi im new here. i ordered a 2 door Black Diamond and going with the 2.3 L so i can get the manual. I surf a lot so i like the interior and i dont do much off-roading except for going on some muddy trails to get to the water and less so do i go on the sand, so i think the standard set up suits me (no additional packages). I'll probably take this to Hawaii when i move there so i'll i'll have similar terrain plus the red dirt. suggestions on 4x4 set up would be appreciated as well.

i do have some questions regarding upgrading some 'a la carte' options but unsure if you are able to do so. sorry if this has been asked ad nauseam but i could not find any confirmations.

1. can you add front lockers with my set up mentioned above?
2. can you add the upgraded bilstein shocks with my set up?
3. can you add the sway bar disconnect separately? or would you need the front lockers and the upgraded transfer case?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi im new here. i ordered a 2 door Black Diamond and going with the 2.3 L so i can get the manual. I surf a lot so i like the interior and i dont do much off-roading except for going on some muddy trails to get to the water and less so do i go on the sand, so i think the standard set up suits me (no additional packages). I'll probably take this to Hawaii when i move there so i'll i'll have similar terrain plus the red dirt. suggestions on 4x4 set up would be appreciated as well.

i do have some questions regarding upgrading some 'a la carte' options but unsure if you are able to do so. sorry if this has been asked ad nauseam but i could not find any confirmations.

3. can you add the sway bar disconnect separately? or would you need the front lockers and the upgraded transfer case?

Badlands and FE are the only way to get the disconnect. The rest you can get by adding Sasquatch.

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BuckeyeinNV and @Corsair, thanks for the quick replies. that sucks but i guess it'll make my decisions that much easier.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BuckeyeinNV and @Corsair, thanks for the quick replies. that sucks but i guess it'll make my decisions that much easier.
If all of those features are important to you, you might as well get the Badlands. Try to put some extra pennies in the piggy bank and resist the urge to check any option boxes when it's time to order.

Sponsored

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, i hear you BuckeyeinNV, im torn on having those options but keeping the cost down. not sure i will need them but id rather have that as factory installed items instead of creature comforts.

im coming from a 99 4X4 (stick T/C) Chevy Tahoe so im not used to anything fancy but again those are nice options to have from the factory.

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yes you can get all of this but it might have to be done separately with aftermarket parts if Ford doesn't have them as an accessory option from the factory. I'm just gonna do the same as you but with heated seats. I'm gonna add manual sway discount and front locker later down the road

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thanks Firesquatch. im getting too old to wrench lol. I played with two K-10s growing up and now id rather have it all factory. but if sold as factory accessories, that might be a happy medium hoping they are more bolt-on.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Black Diamond seems to be the right choice. I think it will be more than capable and conquer anything I can throw at it.
Let's face it the BD is all that 99% of us will need 99% of the time.

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am still on the fence with Sasquatch for our 4 door Black Diamond....

Really only need the rear locker... love the floors and rock slider.... Might just get the mid upgrade, the factory lift and the 2.7 with auto

Maybe depending on price, I might go Sasquatch and the 2.7 with auto

Sponsored

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually, the real answer is that we don't know for sure. There may be several options not described yet, including some combo of larger front axle and disconnect. Front lockers are unlikely without the Sasquatch, however. I would say a very likely no to #1.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually, the real answer is that we don't know for sure. There may be several options not described yet, including some combo of larger front axle and disconnect. Front lockers are unlikely without the Sasquatch, however. I would say a very likely no to #1.
I'm not gonna try to dig stuff up but we've definitely been told there will be no disconnect on any trim but Badlands and FE.

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not gonna try to dig stuff up but we've definitely been told there will be no disconnect on any trim but Badlands and FE.
Im not sure about the sway bar disconnect, but nobody knows if front lockers or upgraded suspension will be options so premature to say that they aren’t options.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what I was thinking. A real set of 33s won't be that much smaller than the "35"s on the squatch. Hoping I can fit either 295/70s or 285/75s on the stock steelies without spacers.
I am too, but I think that's a stretch. I think 285/70/17s will be the max that will fit on a stock BD, and even that may not work without some modification.

Stock BD tire is 265/70/17 which translates to 31.6 x 10.4.

275/70s are 32.2 x 10.8. (depending on tire of course). They should fit fine..

285/70s are 32.7 x 11.2. They might fit.

295/70s are 33.3 x 11.6. Doubtful

285/75s are 33.8 x 11.2. Doubtful.

Another option is the 33x10.50/17. Currently two tires offered in that size. Goodyear Wrangler MTR KEVLAR and Super Swamper M16.

If I can fit the 285/70s without any major rubbing, or only when fully articulated and wheels are turned, (a situation I don't plan to be in very much), then Ill be very happy.
Sponsored