Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks to both of y'all for the reply.

Looks like I'm going from Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 4 door takeoffs onto my Black Diamond Non Sasquatch 2.7 4 door. I don't have tow package and I'm still waiting to hear back from seller if they do or not.

I'm very glad that I decided to this route instead of just spacers for the look and tire clearance.
I'll be running 285/75/17 (34's) on the Stock Steelies.

Anything else I need to know when switching these out?
Thanks again
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like I'm going from Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 4 door takeoffs onto my Black Diamond Non Sasquatch 2.7 4 door. I don't have tow package and I'm still waiting to hear back from seller if they do or not.

I'm very glad that I decided to this route instead of just spacers for the look and tire clearance.

Thanks again
It will be easy since they are already assembled. An easy one person job that doesn’t require any special tools. Just get an alignment afterward and you will be good to go.

The hardest part will be the rear lower shock bolt. It’s torqued to about 6,000lbs. A three foot breaker bar did the trick.

Last edited:

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It will be easy since they are already assembled. An easy one person job that doesn’t require any special tools. Just get an alignment afterward and you will be good to go.

The hardest part will be the rear lower shock bolt. It’s torqued to about 6,000lbs. A three foot breaker bar did the trick.
Perfect. Thank you.

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with @kodiakisland regarding the lower bolt. Wasn't hard with a breaker bar.

Definitely recommend following the stage 3 video method. While the video is for spacers the removal and reinstall is the same.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree with @kodiakisland regarding the lower bolt. Wasn't hard with a breaker bar.

Definitely recommend following the stage 3 video method. While the video is for spacers the removal and reinstall is the same.

Agree. I think this is the easiest and quickest way to do the front. Remove nuts and bolts and it just falls apart.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thanks again
I’m doing this exact same thing come March. Have the parts, waiting on tires (and warmer weather). Just installed garage door opener. I’ll have a little shop ready by spring.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m doing this exact same thing come March. Have the parts, waiting on tires (and warmer weather). Just installed garage door opener. I’ll have a little shop ready by spring.
Nice. Post pics when you get it done. I'll do the same. Hoping to get the suspension on (and get the Bronco) before spring.The tires have shipped so those will go on right away.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I now have possession of the Sasquatch suspension. It has the RPG Perch Collar 2 inch level kit on it so I have to figure out how to remove those to get back to stock bilstein perfomance/lift.

I also got the Upper Control arms and rear track bar. Do y'all know if those are different than the what would come on a stock non sasquatch?

Thanks, this is confusing!

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe they are any different than non-bilstein setups. My shop had no issue aligning with my stock non-sas BD upper control arm.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't believe they are any different than non-bilstein setups. My shop had no issue aligning with my stock non-sas BD upper control arm.
Ok, thanks. Good to know. I guess I just have an extra set now.

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated:

For Sasquatch suspension part numbers, see:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-2021-bronco-ride-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

I ordered a non-sas BD. I'm considering just buying SAS springs and shocks from the parts dept to get that little lift and quality damper of the Bilsteins. Looking up the part numbers it's in the ballpark of $1300 which doesn't seem bad at all considering we are seeing leveling kits list for $400.

I'm interested to see who else goes this route and what else might be needed if anything.

Thoughts?

Edit: Here are the part numbers and prices, with sources to show the $$$.
SAS Front Damper - MB3Z-18124-K - $190.92/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18124k

SAS Rear Damper - MB3Z-18125-K - $211.75/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18125k

SAS Front Springs - MB3Z-5310-K* - $78.62/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-front-mb3z5310k

SAS Rear Springs - MB3Z-5560-F* - $98.71/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-coil-mb3z5560f

* - I do not know the spring code for a 4 door BD with 2.7 and SAS, so I just picked one. The others are similar in price.

Total = $1160

So less than I priced earlier though different sites. Add Tax and shipping and you are still around $1300. I'm sure some people still won't believe the numbers 🤷‍♂️

Thanks to @North7 for this guide where I got all the part numbers:

Anyone with a 4 Door Black Diamond, SAS and 2.7 please post up your spring code listed on your door jamb sticker.
Does anyone have a part number for the bump stops? Are the Hitachi bump stops compatible?

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@RustysBronco

Here are the part #'s.

Front - MB3Z-18198-C INSULATOR - SHOCK ABSORBER
Rear - MB3Z-5K570-C BUMPER

They were on indefinite BO when I put my Bilstein Coilovers together this fall so I used the stops from the Hitachi's. I have not had an issue yet but have not done any extreme off-roading so far. It would be nice to understand what the difference is in the height of the 2 stops.

Good Luck.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bumpstops for the Badlands Bilsteins were in stock, so I got them. I would have reused the Hitachi bump stops if they had not been available.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did I read somewhere that you need a spacer for the tailgate to push the spare wheel out a bit?
Sponsored