Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Believe me it's a concern, I don't like humidity or heat. I would have scheduled this trip for May if we didn't have to wait for the kid to get out of school.
That stretch between GA and TX in May wouldn’t be any better. You NEED an AC. You might survive if you camp in shady areas. I’d spend some cash on a potable AC or at least a dehumidifier. Have you been to NOLA in the summer? God speed and that trip sounds like a blast.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dafuq, all this time I thought the quarters were aluminum too. I just tested it and you're right.
🤣🤣🤣 learned something new here too!

what an awesome thing you’re doing with your fam. Look forward to following along!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like an awesome trip! Look forward to seeing your trip, we're planning to get a small TT as well.

Use Roadtrippers to build your pit stops and make it fun for the kids (and you). Awesome app, we have all of our past road trips plotted in there. It has filters for everything imaginable and you can set xx miles off route, roadside oddities, ghost towns, national parks, amusement parks, see the Christmas Story house (with the leg in the window), etc. We always tried to find something at the mid-point of the day's drive to break it up.
48 state map.jpg
That could be handy, thanks.

That stretch between GA and TX in May wouldn’t be any better. You NEED an AC. You might survive if you camp in shady areas. I’d spend some cash on a potable AC or at least a dehumidifier. Have you been to NOLA in the summer? God speed and that trip sounds like a blast.
I have a portable but that's a lot of space taken up and many of my plotted sites are dry so now I'm looking at a genny too. Is it really that bad? I've never been anywhere east of Wisconsin. We're getting a hotel in NOLA for sure.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to pick at nits or anything, but when you live on the Canadian border, isn't every contiguous U.S. state a southern one?

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a portable but that's a lot of space taken up and many of my plotted sites are dry so now I'm looking at a genny too. Is it really that bad? I've never been anywhere east of Wisconsin. We're getting a hotel in NOLA for sure.
I grew up in Northeast TX and lived in Biloxi, OKC, and currently Little Rock. I’ve been everywhere in the southeastern US. The heat and humidity, especially down on the Gulf Coast, is gonna be terrible. And don’t be surprised at temps in the 90s. It’s bad if you’re used to it. It’s killer if you aren’t.
When I went through basic training in San Antonio we had some guys in my flight from WA. We arrived in Apr. They were complaining about the heat. I just laughed bc we weren’t leaving until June.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No, it’s not too bad. We’re telling you your nuts because it’s fun 😝

I would be divorced before getting home if I took my wife on that trip through the gulf states in a tent. I fear for your marriage.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, it’s not too bad. We’re telling you your nuts because it’s fun 😝

I would be divorced before getting home if I took my wife on that trip through the gulf states in a tent. I fear for your marriage.
[/QUOTE
Ha. I would come out to a tent on fire in my driveway before I would attempt to leave. 🤣 She says, this don’t camp!

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

6/24 Uwharrie NC
6/25 Oak Island SC
6/26 Waycross GA

Oh yeah, that will be a hot stretch that time of year. 85*- 90* and 60% humidity. Break out the Under armor.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
6/24 Uwharrie NC
6/25 Oak Island SC
6/26 Waycross GA

Oh yeah, that will be a hot stretch that time of year. 85*- 90* and 60% humidity. Break out the Under armor.
And the Gold Bond extra strength! I did a movie in Louisiana in the summer, so i was living there for three months. Even when it rains, it's hot!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I 2nd skipping Myrle Beach.... The Charleston/Beaufort/Savannah area has the nice southern history/coastal vibe (island hop down the coast to Amelia Island, skip Jacksonville too), the Gulf coast has the nice beaches (white sand). As others have said, to a PNW guy like yourself it will be very hot and humid.
Gonna 3rd this one up - avoid Dirty Myrtle.

Wilmington is also a cool coastal city, and just outside of it is Carolina Beach, can drive on the beach/beach camp at Freeman park.

I do believe reservations are required for overnight though.

Also will see what work looks like when you're in Uwharrie - might be able to meet you out there.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, it’s like you’re going on a concert tour. Do you have t-shirts for sale?

I can’t wait to see the “Tricky Dick’s Epic Northern Adventure” though. :love:

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

w
I 2nd skipping Myrle Beach.... The Charleston/Beaufort/Savannah area has the nice southern history/coastal vibe (island hop down the coast to Amelia Island, skip Jacksonville too), the Gulf coast has the nice beaches (white sand). As others have said, to a PNW guy like yourself it will be very hot and humid.
i second or third this info! not myrtle, hit charleston and the hug the coast, or hit a few Fl panhandle spots, sounds very cool nonetheless!!!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Consider hitting Glacier National Park then head north to Eureka. From there head over to NW Idaho. NW Montana and NW Idaho are incredible.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.