Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no plug and play?
The factory 4" speakers have built-in bass blockers, not sure at which frequency. That is why folks are adding them in series to replacement aftermarket speakers in the dash.

In order to swap 4" speakers you need to use wire splicers, posi-taps, or an adapter to convert the Ford harness connector. I chose to go with posi-taps for the 4" speakers, as nobody was kitting out adapters for those at the time.

I ordered Metra harness connectors for my 6.5" kick-panel speakers but have yet to install. You can't simply posi-tap the 6.5" kick panel speakers because they are wired in series with the dash speakers (ie... unplug the kick panel speaker you lose the matching dash speaker).

The ForScan modification is necessary because it seems by default the Bronco is configured to limit the frequencies sent to the rear.

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be fair - 3 people is not a great sample size and I was using a $50 pair and an $80 pair.

One was rocksford and the other pioneer. I am by no means an audiophile so I could simply be picking trash speakers.
I have the Infinitys as well.
The reason these $50 Infinitiys are the best for an otherwise factory system is because they have a super high sensitivity level and low impedance (ohms). They have a sensitivity rating of 92, meaning that they are super efficient and produce more sound with less power than other speakers rated with lower numbers. Secondly they are rated at 3 ohms impedance and the factory speaker you replaced, as well as the others you tried are rated at 4 ohms. This means that they offer less resistance to the amplifier and allow it to produce more output, again making them louder than the others.
The difference with these speakers is noticeable, they are much clearer and as a result can play a but louder before distorting than the factory speakers.

This being said, I have since upgraded the rest of my system and now have the front two amplified. They are not the best choice for that due to their low 35w power rating. If you were interested I would be interested in trading a pair of my Infinity reference REF 4032cfx for a pair of yours if they fit my needs better? I'm not certain exactly which ones you have.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Infinitys as well.
The reason these $50 Infinitiys are the best for an otherwise factory system is because they have a super high sensitivity level and low impedance (ohms). They have a sensitivity rating of 92, meaning that they are super efficient and produce more sound with less power than other speakers rated with lower numbers. Secondly they are rated at 3 ohms impedance and the factory speaker you replaced, as well as the others you tried are rated at 4 ohms. This means that they offer less resistance to the amplifier and allow it to produce more output, again making them louder than the others.
The difference with these speakers is noticeable, they are much clearer and as a result can play a but louder before distorting than the factory speakers.

This being said, I have since upgraded the rest of my system and now have the front two amplified. They are not the best choice for that due to their low 35w power rating. If you were interested I would be interested in trading a pair of my Infinity reference REF 4032cfx for a pair of yours if they fit my needs better? I'm not certain exactly which ones you have.
Are the infinity plug play?

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

no. the only plug and play you will find are exact replacements from Ford.

No matter which aftermarket speaker you choose as a replacement, you will need an adapter harness to connect it to the wire harness in the vehicle . Once you have that (you can purchase on Amazon), then it will be plug and play. Plug the adapter into the harness and plug the adapter into the speaker.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another great detailed and informative video @BudgetBronco!šŸ‘šŸ½

Great edit with the sound comparisons!

I keep wanting to start exploring forscan but havenā€™t pulled the trigger yet. What adapter are you using?

I finally got around to installing upgraded 4" speakers in front and rear and made a video that I hope will help others that want to do this as well. This project only costs about $120 so I think the resulting improvement in sound quality is well worth that investment.

I also recorded some before and after audio so that you can hear a 'side by side' comparison of:
1) stock speakers
2) upgraded Infinity Reference speakers
3) upgraded speakers plus the FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800)

Based on my testing, especially at lower volume, the FORScan mod definitely makes a difference. If you want to skip right to that part of the video, go to the 16:30 mark of the video

Thank you to forum members @Roll Sound and @ryannshit and @ASlaugh who all provided useful content that helped guide me

Here is the video:

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another great detailed and informative video @BudgetBronco!šŸ‘šŸ½

Great edit with the sound comparisons!

I keep wanting to start exploring forscan but havenā€™t pulled the trigger yet. What adapter are you using?
Thank you! I am using one of the adapters specifically recommended by the FORScan people and it has worked well for me. Here is a link: https://amzn.to/3LMqEbV

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no. the only plug and play you will find are exact replacements from Ford.

No matter which aftermarket speaker you choose as a replacement, you will need an adapter harness to connect it to the wire harness in the vehicle . Once you have that (you can purchase on Amazon), then it will be plug and play. Plug the adapter into the harness and plug the adapter into the speaker.
Any adapter that will plug in to current outputs? Or do you have to cut and wire every aftermarket speaker?

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally got around to installing upgraded 4" speakers in front and rear and made a video that I hope will help others that want to do this as well. This project only costs about $120 so I think the resulting improvement in sound quality is well worth that investment.

I also recorded some before and after audio so that you can hear a 'side by side' comparison of:
1) stock speakers
3) upgraded speakers plus the FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800)

Based on my testing, especially at lower volume, the FORScan mod definitely makes a difference. If you want to skip right to that part of the video, go to the 16:30 mark of the video

Thank you to forum members @Roll Sound and @ryannshit and @ASlaugh who all provided useful content that helped guide me

Here is the video:
I like the forscan how to... Apparently no one works at Schultz so I can't ask about the JBL flash..
Side note: I found it easier to pull the rear pods out, dynamat and poly fill then reconnect. But there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. Well done

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. Personally I don't understand why so many people are hung up on cutting a wire and wiring it direct. When I cut the factory plugs off I always leave a little bit of wire on them so if for some reason I would ever want to I could splice them back on. Trust me you won't ever want to put the factory speakers back in.

Sponsored

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) stock speakers

Here is the video:
Thank you sir for this! Just ordered the setup but i have a 2022 bronco so i dont think i will be able to modify with forscan yet.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. Personally I don't understand why so many people are hung up on cutting a wire and wiring it direct. When I cut the factory plugs off I always leave a little bit of wire on them so if for some reason I would ever want to I could splice them back on. Trust me you won't ever want to put the factory speakers back in.
Imo, comes down to experience and not knowing how to match +/-. My speakers came with connectors so I just snipped and went from there.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t understand in this day of tech why aftermarket speakers donā€™t have a plug to go into factory wiring. If anyone checks itā€™s much cleaner and still looks factory. Why would I want to splice anything if I donā€™t need to?

Just dealing with 80ā€™s stereo speaker set ups cutting splicing connecting wires is such a hassle compared to plug and play.

I mean they have complete 12+ inch touch screen replacements that are plug and play and they canā€™t figure out how to to that for 4 inch speakers. Seems odd.

Last edited:

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1) stock speakers

Here is the video:
Well done thanks for posting!