Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh look at this:

Some Nigerian scammer sent me his Bronco Vents in the mail.

@Gatlinz

C8AB0555-0C4C-4AD2-88E2-73707EF09296.jpeg

AC7CF3D8-1D9F-48B4-9442-14EAF3AD86D7.jpeg
I wish Ford let us choose our interior colors and trim. I have blue, inside a cyber orange rig. To my eye, its a mismatch.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish Ford let us choose our interior colors and trim. I have blue, inside a cyber orange rig. To my eye, its a mismatch.
I actually think that’s better than green and blue clashing.

But I definitely agree.

Reactions: Cat

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My IAG soft-top struts just arrived but I'm in meetings for most of the afternoon. Will update once I have time to install. Also, for those that happened to watch or know about the Bronco Nation KOH giveaway that recently occurred, I was surprised to learn that I won the RTR rock slider/steps – more to come on that later.

Last edited:

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just called. Service woman said I would have to leave it overnight possibly 2 days. I'm not ready to leave it yet. Maybe I'll drive to another dealership and be like, "hey just found that my window was doing this... and came to the closest dealership... what can you do for me lmfao
My drivers side windshield fluid nozzel isn't squirting much, I figure it will take them a week to look at it, so I haven't contacted them yet.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I found some vinyl tint in a drawer this morning that I had forgotten I had. What do you all think? If I can figure out how to get the mirror cap off I can get the film on better, going to do the side marker lights as well I think.
20220311_095611.jpg

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey so on these Dirch lights:

Did you use one of Ford’s pre-run circuits or you just used the wire that came with the lights straight to an auxiliary switch?

I’m still terribly confused about wiring to aux switches.
The Aux switch is connected to a 12v "hot" lead. All 12v circuits need a positive (hot) and a negative (ground) to supply power. You need a complete circuit, 12v positive (hot) that flows through the load (light) to negative (ground).

Your battery has a 12v positive (hot) and a negative (ground terminal). The ground terminal of your battery is connected to the chassis/ frame/ body of the Bronco.

For the Aux switch to power a light you connect Aux 1, 2, etc. to the positive lead of the light. Then you connect the negative (ground) of the light to any chassis/ frame/ body ground point.

This will make a complete 12v circuit. Positive from battery (via the Aux switch), through the light, to ground (i.e., back to the negative of the battery).

The Bronco also has other wires run to various points throughout the vehicle. You connect 12v to them, they go to your load, then you ground the load which completes the circuit.

Don't confuse the pre-run wires with the Aux switches. Yes, you can connect a pre-run wire to an Aux switch to power it but you can also just connect it to battery (or any other 12v source) as well.

For example, on my ditch lights I cut off the supplied connector so I had two wires from the light. One 12v hot and one ground. I ran an Aux switch to the positive wire of the light and connected the other to a chassis ground point. Now remember, you have two lights right? You need to tie both hot leads from the lights together and then connect them to an aux switch. You can then ground each light separately or connect them together and ground both at the same place.

I think grounding sometimes confuses people as well. You can ground to any point point on the Bronco, all the metal is "connected" together and connected to the negative side of the battery.

If you just connected the light to the Aux switch (positive) and didn't connect the other wire (ground) it wouldn't work as current needs a complete path, from hot back to ground.

HTH

Last edited:

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Aux switch is connected to a 12v "hot" lead. All 12v circuits need a positive (hot) and a negative (ground) to supply power. You need a complete circuit, 12v positive (hot) that flows through the load (light) to negative (ground).

Your battery has a 12v positive (hot) and a negative (ground terminal). The ground terminal of your battery is connected to the chassis/ frame/ body of the Bronco.

For the Aux switch to power a light you connect Aux 1, 2, etc. to the positive lead of the light. Then you connect the negative (ground) of the light to any chassis/ frame/ body ground point.

This will make a complete 12v circuit. Positive from battery (via the Aux switch), through the light, to ground (i.e., back to the negative of the battery).

The Bronco also has other wires run to various points throughout the vehicle. You connect 12v to them, they go to your load, then you ground the load which completes the circuit.

Don't confuse the pre-run wires with the Aux switches. Yes, you can connect a pre-run wire to an Aux switch to power it but you can also just connect it to battery (or any other 12v source) as well.

For example, on my ditch lights I cut off the supplied connector so I had two wires from the light. One 12v hot and one ground. I ran an Aux switch to the positive wire of the light and connected the other to a cassis ground point. Now remember, you have two lights right? You need to tie both hot leads from the lights together and then connected them to an aux switch. You can then ground each light separately or connect then together and ground both at the same place.

I think grounding sometimes confuses people as well. You can ground to any point point on the Bronco, all the metal is "connected" together and connected to the negative side of the battery.

If you just connected the light to the Aux switch (positive) and didn't connect the other wire (ground) it wouldn't work as current needs a complete path, from hot back to ground.

HTH

Right gotcha

I Understand the pre-run wires aren’t hot

I was trying to figure out if he had utilized them or just connected the wires that came with the lights straight to an aux switch

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right gotcha

I Understand the pre-run wires aren’t hot

I was trying to figure out if he had utilized them or just connected the wires that came with the lights straight to an aux switch
The Aux switches are all terminated on the drivers side firewall. There are no pre-run wires to the factory ditch light locations.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Aux switches are all terminated on the drivers side firewall. There are no pre-run wires to the factory ditch light locations.
Gotcha but I thought there was one on that A pillar….? On the passenger side ?

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey so on these Dirch lights:

Did you use one of Ford’s pre-run circuits or you just used the wire that came with the lights straight to an auxiliary switch?

I’m still terribly confused about wiring to aux switches.
I did.

So, here's the low down.

First (this was new for me) your ground wire isn't going into anything. There's several grounding points and you just loop your grounds to a ring terminal and just stick it to one of them.

Next, there's two sets of wires, one set comes from the Aux switches, the other are the starts of wires that go elsewhere. You'll only need to worry about the second group if you using a wired point (like the bumper, the roof mounting points, or the one in the cargo area).

Otherwise, you just strip the aux wire you want to use as a switch, and then hook the live wire up to that.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did.

So, here's the low down.

First (this was new for me) your ground wire isn't going into anything. There's several grounding points and you just loop your grounds to a ring terminal and just stick it to one of them.

Next, there's two sets of wires, one set comes from the Aux switches, the other are the starts of wires that go elsewhere. You'll only need to worry about the second group if you using a wired point (like the bumper, the roof mounting points, or the one in the cargo area).

Otherwise, you just strip the aux wire you want to use as a switch, and then hook the live wire up to that.
Ok sorry…..so you didn’t use the wires that came with your lights at all?

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you do - well, most of them. You'll want them to ultimately get to a single wire - one live and one ground.

You'll hook the ground to a grounding point and then the live wire to the wire FROM the aux switch that you want (colors below)

Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 1647038578373

This is a pretty good example video.

Lemme go snap some photos.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I found some vinyl tint in a drawer this morning that I had forgotten I had. What do you all think? If I can figure out how to get the mirror cap off I can get the film on better, going to do the side marker lights as well I think.
Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 1647038578373
"Smokin'" hawt!

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group bronco wiri

So, you can see the combined wire is shielded in black casing, and underneath is a black wire (Ground) and red wire (Live).

From there I just hooked the red wire to the brown one to use Aux 4 and the black wire to the grounding point.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group bronco wiri

So, you can see the combined wire is shielded in black casing, and underneath is a black wire (Ground) and red wire (Live).

From there I just hooked the red wire to the brown one to use Aux 4 and the black wire to the grounding point.

Gotcha so you didn’t need to use ford’s pre-run circuit that’s in the A pillar?
Sponsored