First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been "Awaiting Shipment" since 3/9.
Pretty much the same boat for me. Blend 3/9, "Awaiting Shipment" since 3/11.
Sponsored

jgmason75

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone with a 3/15 blend date has his Badlands delivered to his TN dealer via convoy already. WTF is Ford doing with their convoys?

There my bitching is done. I feel bad about complaining that way, but had to get it off my chest.
I'm in Chattanooga and based on my research across the spreadsheets, for some reason (likely cost) they are sending Nashville and Knoxville Broncos by convoy and Chattanooga Broncos by rail.

Distance from Wayne, MI to each city:
Nashville: 527 miles
Knoxville: 506 miles
Chattanooga: 614 miles

I found a PDF online that shows the only place in Tennessee that Ford unloads by rail is in Memphis. Ford probably found it cheaper to ship by convoy within around 550 miles and by rail for anything further than that. Mine will go to Lawrenceville, GA, and then be driven by truck back up to Chattanooga. The train with my Bronco will pass within a 1/2 mile from my house sometime this week...

mcashin1

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much the same boat for me. Blend 3/9, "Awaiting Shipment" since 3/11.
Yeah, they just keep pushing it. Talked to Rachel on the chat (I've gotten her all 3 times now). She now shows an "ETA" of 3/24. That follows earlier ETAs of 3/17 and 3/21. Frustrating that the ball keeps moving without explanation.

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My blend was 3/7. Shows finally built 3/15 and still awaiting shipment to CO. How they don’t have a rail heading west is beyond me :(

MoonKing

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still 'in production' since 3/7. Purgatory fun...

Sponsored

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Built 3-9. Still awaiting shipment. Ford site shows expected delivery 3-12 thru 3/18 and obviously we are past that week On Friday Ford chat said by 3-21. Today Ford chat says by 3-24. Frustrating. Trying to stay positive. At least it is built I guess. Ok, crying done.

mcashin1

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built 3-9. Still awaiting shipment. Ford site shows expected delivery 3-12 thru 3/18 and obviously we are past that week On Friday Ford chat said by 3-21. Today Ford chat says by 3-24. Frustrating. Trying to stay positive. At least it is built I guess. Ok, crying done.
Yup. You're getting the exact same info I'm getting. They keep kicking me 3-4 days along.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in Chattanooga and based on my research across the spreadsheets, for some reason (likely cost) they are sending Nashville and Knoxville Broncos by convoy and Chattanooga Broncos by rail.

Distance from Wayne, MI to each city:
Nashville: 527 miles
Knoxville: 506 miles
Chattanooga: 614 miles

I found a PDF online that shows the only place in Tennessee that Ford unloads by rail is in Memphis. Ford probably found it cheaper to ship by convoy within around 550 miles and by rail for anything further than that. Mine will go to Lawrenceville, GA, and then be driven by truck back up to Chattanooga. The train with my Bronco will pass within a 1/2 mile from my house sometime this week...
All I'm meaning is I find it a bit dumb that they'd schedule a truck to go to TN for a 3/15 build before they schedule one to go to OH/PA/MD for builds on 3/7-3/11. There's several that could have gone one on truck to this region.

EDIT: My tracker updated to say 3/18-3/24 delivery instead of 3/17-3/23. So got bumped a day. Why they would start the range at 3/18 when that time has already passed I dunno...

Last edited:

jgmason75

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I'm meaning is I find it a bit dumb that they'd schedule a truck to go to TN for a 3/15 build before they schedule one to go to OH/PA/MD for builds on 3/7-3/11. There's several that could have gone one on truck to this region.
I'd say it has more to do with the truck drivers than it does Ford. I have several friends in logistics and if a driver can:

1) get a full truck with the longest route where he's only making 1 or 2 drop-offs (less work for him);
AND
2) get a load back towards Michigan (Nissan and GM have plants close to Nashville)

they will snatch those jobs on the load boards up the fastest.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say it has more to do with the truck drivers than it does Ford. I have several friends in logistics and if a driver can:

1) get a full truck with the longest route where he's only making 1 or 2 drop-offs (less work for him);
AND
2) get a load back towards Michigan (Nissan and GM have plants close to Nashville)

they will snatch those jobs on the load boards up the fastest.
I get it. So it's like Uber eats where the person who tips the least gets their food last except I have no option to tip. Perfect.

Sponsored

jgmason75

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get it. So it's like Uber eats where the person who tips the least gets their food last except I have no option to tip. Perfect.
It's probably more like regular Uber, where if you're being dropped off where there won't be any pickups nearby for the driver they are less likely to take it.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this mean I'm sitting and waiting on a train? Says in transit, yet it says convoy, sticker says rail lol.
Ford Bronco đź›  3/7/22 Build Week Screenshot_20220321-094334_Samsung Internet

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both Ford trackers, Pizza and Backdoor, say it is "Built". Both not yet "shipped". My conspiratorial mind wonders if that is what all the people who are still waiting from January show on their trackers? Or do theirs show up as still "In Production"? If it has to wait on a truck, that's not the end of the world. if it's that they really aren't "built", then things go down hill quickly for me. No way to really know until they get shipped, I guess.

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still 'in production' since 3/7. Purgatory fun...
I'm still showing "in production" since 3/10. Can we assume being in production that long means our Broncos have been relegated to the holding yard waiting for parts/chips?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My best guess is that those that show “built” are waiting on transit (truck or rail car). Those that are still in production (like mine since 3/9) are waiting on some missing parts. Obviously Ford has shown time and time again they will keep the line moving no matter what. Those that are completed on the line get shipped. Those that were missing something sit. And sit. And sit. All the while people in build weeks a week later and the same builds are getting shipped/delivered.
Sponsored