Sponsored

How does Ford let something like this happen!?!?!?!

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. Mines a 2022 and has been sitting there since January with no end in sight. No communication from Ford other than a microchip hold. Ford has the missing modules now or else the line wouldn’t be running. It seems like at least some of the ice mountain vehicles are actually being run back through the production line which would explain why it’s taking so long. Ford doesn’t want to give up an already scheduled spot on the line to us ice mountain refugees.
Yeah that's my theory as well... Good luck bro
Sponsored

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat, I know they had a May EDD for me, but I'm just not believing that at this point. If the bank open again I might be able to get one before the original 🤣

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s like when a late flight misses it’s connection at a hub. They aren’t gonna stop the connecting flight from departing just to keep 15 people appeased, when they can keep the system going and keep the masses happy. It’s a ripple effect otherwise. Same thing here, but in terms of manufacturing.

Last edited:

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let it happen? My friend, Ford intentionally changed their terms and conditions for the reservation orders to specifically foment this result. This is exactly what Ford wanted. Driving orders to Ford's favored dealers above anyone else, reservations holders be damned!
You're complaining about something different than OP.

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s like when a late flight misses it’s connection at a hub. They aren’t gonna stop the connecting flight from departing just to keep 15 people appeased, when they can keep the system going and keep the masses happy, It’s a ripple effect otherwise. Same thing here, but in terms of manufacturing.
Good analogy for sure and that might even be understandable but what’s inexcusable is that we are talking 3 months now

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure but shouldn’t it be first in first out… the later builds have the same modules but they can be built in a day???
Not when there is only one entrance/exit. Without a way or method to move yesterday's arrivals out of the way of last month's then which vehicle is going to get released first?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let it happen? My friend, Ford intentionally changed their terms and conditions for the reservation orders to specifically foment this result. This is exactly what Ford wanted. Driving orders to Ford's favored dealers above anyone else, reservations holders be damned!
^^^^This right here. Ford didn't let it happen, they made it happen with their moves to pacify their mega dealers. Ford has proven they couldn't care less about the folks that buy their vehicles. Sux I know, but there it is.................Good luck, I hope your build gets pulled soon.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The real tragedy isn’t that Ford prioritized the line after the modules finally came in and decided to give those modules to new builds rather than those without modules that were 99.9% built and left sitting in dirt parking lots for months.
The tragedy is that ford knew they were out of certain modules, and yet, made the decision to keep building those thousands of broncos for the better part of 3 weeks……knowing, they would be stuck there for months.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel for you guys! But Ford can't stop producing Broncos while they get caught up. They'd lose weeks of production and tens of thousands of orders would be affected (delaying revenue and creating unhappier customers).

Ford fell short on microchips. We don't know why (bad planning, bad batches, missed promises, etc.). It's an unplanned mishap.

Like something unexpected happens to your house and you need to rack up credit card debt to pay it off. It's unfortunate. But you don't stop paying bills until your credit card is paid off. You fulfill your financial commitments and pay off the card over time. This is what Ford is doing and they said they need 90 days to get caught up.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel for you guys! But Ford can't stop producing Broncos while they get caught up. They'd lose weeks of production and tens of thousands of orders would be affected (delaying revenue and creating unhappier customers).

Ford fell short on microchips. We don't know why (bad planning, bad batches, missed promises, etc.). It's an unplanned mishap.

Like something unexpected happens to your house and you need to rack up credit card debt to pay it off. It's unfortunate. But you don't stop paying bills until your credit card is paid off. You fulfill your financial commitments and pay off the card over time. This is what Ford is doing and they said they need 90 days to get caught up.
Except, Ford paused production
More than once for a couple weeks at a time last year when they didn’t have MIC tops or enough of one part or another.
Additionally, Ford isn’t supposed to schedule a build date unless they have all the parts available. Why they continued to just crank out thousands of builds, knowing they didn’t have all the parts and were going to sit in lots for months is beyond calculated greed….It’s callous and irresponsible.

Sponsored

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sucks but welcome to the club . we all have been mentioning this for months now. Im Day one reservation holder july of 2020 converted to order in jan of 2021 and here I am still waiting and i have seen someone at dealership near me with same exact build all ready with their owner and they ordered just over four months and here i am going on two years.

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yeah but regardless they should've taken the necessary steps to mitigate this problem or at the very least communicated better (more) with the customers most impacted.

And I can't emphasize this enough... we are not talking 3 days or 3 weeks... we are talking 3 MONTHS!!!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Below is just one example of the many others that I have found... How does Ford let something like this happen!?!?!?!

I've found tons of post of individuals who had the exact same or very similar builds as mine who had February/March build weeks that already have their Broncos (Congrats... no shade on the lucky ones) before the many of us who had January build weeks... there is no rhyme or reason?!?!?!

I'm certain nobody here really knows the answer (unless Ford is looking at these forums) but I'm curious and more that just a little frustrated

Cheers my fellow Bronco6Gers

Bad Ford 001.png
Yes it sucks, but I confused about your comment about exacts or similar builds. In your example one is a Black Diamond and One is a Bad lands. It also give no mention of options selected or packages selected and reservation timestamp for the builds in question above.

I'm all for hanging Ford out to dry on this issue , as a day one reservation hold still waiting on Bronco. But let's give specifics not vague references.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're complaining about something different than OP.
No... OP asked why did Ford let a system build identical builds to his and send them to people who ordered/reserved after him. My answer is absolutely spot on the answer. It is because Ford set up the system to drive orders to Ford's preferred dealers by not servicing other people. Perhaps you were reading the wrong post?
Sponsored