Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How many of you have been riding naked with a high end bronco with leather and LUX package with carpet on floors and been caught in the rain or puddles? How does the interior do? I didn’t order the MGV with washout because this will be my daily driver but I live in FL and we get freq random rain storms. Just don’t want to have moldy carpet after one mis timing of a storm or something.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Florida is different than I remember...
Then you weren't vacationing right...

To the OP; sounds like you picked the wrong vehicle or optioned the right vehicle in the wrong way for your use. Mildew/mold carpet and seats are in your future if you get caught in the rain (or you have leaks in your chosen roof.)

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have OBX with sas lux and leather as well. Same reason, will be my daily driver so I wanted a combo of performance and all the creature comforts.

I am in the northeast and I specifically will not even take the rear windows out if there is a chance of a sprinkle, concerned about the same thing.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of Florida experience in other vehicles but can’t say anything for the Bronco. I live in Michigan currently but would have still opted for MGV and washout as a daily, especially for that reason.

I suppose if you leave everything off (doors/roof) and let it take time to dry nicely it might not be so bad but usually in my experience carpet doesn’t hold up very well at all down there once it gets wet. But from what I understand there’s passive drainage regardless of carpet or not so in theory it should fair much better than traditional vehicles.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have no idea why anyone in Florida would completely remove their vehicle top. The pop up showers will make a mess of the interior no matter which you have, even MGV. But then again, I'm weird in that I hate soft tops and would rather have my vehicle's hard top one piece or not removable.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm nekked right now. Eating froot loops in a light drizzle while parked at the end of my driveway.

But, mine has a Bimini Sunshade and MGV with washable floors, so I can't help ya.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems appropriate, given thread title.

Edit: I will not answer the undertone-version of the thread, as it may incriminate me of past hijinks prior to marriage and kids.

The real answer is: IF you dry it out really well immediately after a light-moderate rain, you may end up ok with that brutal FL sunshine after a rain.
Without MGV and non-carpet, I definitely would not push my luck. Replacing the carpet with a vinyl floor would give you big strides forward, but I also would not want to expose leather to that on purpose. Ford Leather doesn't fare well once it gets some age, and a good rain finishes it off.
I know this because I had to replace the leather seats in my 03 Expy when the sunroof was left open at the beach one year. They split and finished cracking into about a dozen small leather patches after they got wet. But they had probably a good 10 years of prior wear and tear on them without proper conditioning.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have OBX with sas lux and leather as well. Same reason, will be my daily driver so I wanted a combo of performance and all the creature comforts.

I am in the northeast and I specifically will not even take the rear windows out if there is a chance of a sprinkle, concerned about the same thing.
I'm in the NE too and was thinking about getting the Bronco car cover so I can leave the roof down or windows out and have something to cover the car in case it rains.

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m also in New England. How’s the soft top in the winter?

IceSoldier88

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in the NE as well. I went with the badlands for the feature if no carpet. I also have Lux and sas. I don’t plan to get caught. But if I do will see what happens. But I will aslo alwasy have a mesh or solid thing on the top.

OP
OP
Luterdan

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know the floors have drains under the carpet, is it a wash out floor under the carpet and is it as easy as just ripping up the carpet and you are good to go? I'm not as concerned about the seats, I can condition the leather, replace or recover. Wife wants electric and heated so MGV is not an option.
Sponsored