Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a '15 Oscar Mike JKU and I was lazy about putting my top back up. It would rain overnight and I'd come out to a small pool in the Jeep.

Quick shop vac after removing the drain plugs and then after it dried I would clean the carpets with my Bissel spot cleaner and I never had any issues except one time I saw a little mold under my drivers seat but I mixed some Lysol and hot water to spray and then spot vac'd it up and it never came back.
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Leather Lux Naked Rain naked-family-guy

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the floors have drains under the carpet, is it a wash out floor under the carpet and is it as easy as just ripping up the carpet and you are good to go? I'm not as concerned about the seats, I can condition the leather, replace or recover. Wife wants electric and heated so MGV is not an option.
All true statements...#1 Keep wife happy. Also planning on removing carpet and will replace what ever required as I use the Bronco to the max and enjoy life.
Ride on!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been caught in the rain top down in my JKU more times than I can remember but my wife can probably tell you about each and every incident. This was with leather and carpet. Usually ended up with me hauling ass home, parking in the garage, ripping out all the carpet, a good shop vacuuming and wiping down of the interior. If the next day was sunny I would lay the carpet in the driveway and let it bake all day to dry it out. Never ended up with any mold, mildew or smells.

However, the Wranglers carpet was made to be easily removed and replaced. I have not paid enough attention to a carpeted Bronco to see if it is the same way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Luterdan

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

However, the Wranglers carpet was made to be easily removed and replaced. I have not paid enough attention to a carpeted Bronco to see if it is the same way.
I hope they thought of this, and made it plug and play like the rest of the vehicle, but this is FORD.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in CA where the rain rarely sneaks up on you. If I were in Florida, I probably would have gone with a soft top so I could button it back up faster.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can KIND of help you out.
I have live in Florida OBX leather, carpet AND got caught in the rain with my doors off yesterday.

I have a hardtop but bought and installed a factory soft top for this very reason.
Yesterday I had to film a commercial and decided to take the bronco. After checking that there was about 5% chance of rain and not a cloud in the sky, I decided to go with the doors off. Well Florida being Florida, shortly after I got to the filming location, It started to drizzle. I put the soft top up right before it stated raining heavy.

It was an easy wipe of the seats. They are leather trimmed and marine grade vinyl so I don't see that being an issue at all. I was worried about the electrics but I checked all the wires for the power seats and warms, luckily they were all dry.
I have the rubber and floor mats which protected the carpets. I was able to just lift them and dump the water. The little bit of water that did hit the carpet near the peddles, seemed to dry pretty quick. That was my first and hopefully only "caught in the rain" but it definitely makes me less worried about damage.

P.s. in a few weeks/months of you see a commercial about some solar-powered lights that go on the side of your house/fence, look for a bronco. They used it in a few shots, fingers crossed its makes it past editing.

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the NE too and was thinking about getting the Bronco car cover so I can leave the roof down or windows out and have something to cover the car in case it rains.
I’ve read here that the Ford OEM cover isn’t waterproof.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't speak for the Bronco but my 2019 JLU got soaked after my wife forgot to reinstall the freedom panels....of course it rained all night. My cup holders were almost filled to the top with water...anyway, I lifted up the carpet a little bit and used towels to soak up a lot of the water. I then used three box fans to help dry it out for a full day. Ended up being fine after a day or so.

I know the carpeted Bronco has drain ports under the carpet, so hopefully it shouldn't be the end of the world. I wish the vinyl floor was an option across the trim levels, as I didn't want the MGV seats in the humid south.

Sponsored

IceSoldier88

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never had one before. Pleasantly surprised how well it holds the heat.
I’m currently driving a 22 big bend 2.3 stick. The soft top has been great thsi winter. I did have minor snow blow in over the rear doors in really bad/high wind storms.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m currently driving a 22 big bend 2.3 stick. The soft top has been great thsi winter. I did have minor snow blow in over the rear doors in really bad/high wind storms.
The only issue I have had with it so far, which is more of an annoyance, is rain rilling off and in when entering/exiting. I guess its just the way it sits with the seam, creates a pretty decent stream sometimes to jump thru.

However, I am extremely happy with the ease of opening and removing the top.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How many of you have been riding naked with a high end bronco with leather and LUX package with carpet on floors and been caught in the rain or puddles? How does the interior do? I didn’t order the MGV with washout because this will be my daily driver but I live in FL and we get freq random rain storms. Just don’t want to have moldy carpet after one mis timing of a storm or something.
I'm guess you have a hard top. Switch it out for a soft top and your problem is solved. I lived in Miami for 25 years and always had a jeep with carpet and leather and never had any of the issues you're describing.

OP
OP
Luterdan

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That’s what I’m thinking but I’m getting a Raptor and the soft isn’t offered and not sure if it will fit with the extra braces.
Other than bestop and OEM are there other tops??? I don’t like how bestop opens and I’ve seen all of the problems with the OEM one.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of you have been riding naked with a high end bronco with leather and LUX package with carpet on floors and been caught in the rain or puddles? How does the interior do? I didn’t order the MGV with washout because this will be my daily driver but I live in FL and we get freq random rain storms. Just don’t want to have moldy carpet after one mis timing of a storm or something.
I also live in Florida, although I opted for the MGV and rubberized floors. I am planning to buy a quick top like what Quadratec sells for Jeeps. Something you can throw on it real quick when you see the clouds coming at you
Sponsored