Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking at replacing the stock speakers with these below. Anyone have any experience with these? These 2 fit all 4 corners.

Rockford Fosgate R14X2
JVC CSDR421
I went with 4 of those 4" Rockford speakers that I had kicking around. They are fine for the time being with the factory output, but I am thinking I will eventually get something that can handle a little more oomph and boost the signal.
I did use 600hz high pass filters on the fronts as well.

I highly recommend adding a sub to the mix too!
Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with 4 of those 4" Rockford speakers that I had kicking around. They are fine for the time being with the factory output, but I am thinking I will eventually get something that can handle a little more oomph and boost the signal.
I did use 600hz high pass filters on the fronts as well.

I highly recommend adding a sub to the mix too!
excellent. thank you for the advice. I was thinking a sub that can go under the driver seat

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazon lists bass blockers at 150hz at 8 ohms and 300hz at 4ohms. Does this mean that if install these on the 4in speakers in the bronco they will block 600hz at 2 ohms because they're wired in parallel?

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JYZ3BG?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image
The 4" speakers are 4 ohm. So the filters will block at 300 hz because the blockers would go imediarley before the 4" speakers. This assumes the blockers are installed in the dash. If you install them before the connector to the 6.5" speakers then ithey would block below 150 Hz to both the kick panel and dash speakers (2 ohms for the set).

300 Hz is kind of low for a 4" speaker. Filtering around 600-900 Hz is typically better for these small speaker. Most of all of this depends on how much you crank up the volume. Distortion is low at low volumes. This is why headphones can carry a lot of bass. Given all of the road noise in a Bronco,

Sponsored

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Filtering around 600-900 Hz is typically better for these small speaker
Do you recommend a 600hz at 4ohm blocker in general to those on this forum purchasing aftermarket 4 inch speakers?

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. 300 Hz blockers woud be better than nothing, but going up to 600 Hz will help to eliminate the distortion as you turn up the volume.

It is a vast improveet to simply plug in relatively inexpensive speakers over the factory units. Another 10 bucks for a set of bass blockers (aka high pass filters) makes it even better and wil actually help to extend the life of your speakers.

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. 300 Hz blockers woud be better than nothing, but going up to 600 Hz will help to eliminate the distortion as you turn up the volume.

It is a vast improveet to simply plug in relatively inexpensive speakers over the factory units. Another 10 bucks for a set of bass blockers (aka high pass filters) makes it even better and wil actually help to extend the life of your speakers.
Perfect. This is what I needed to know. I'm a complete novice in the audio arena and this forum has been key to my understanding. I bought both 300 and 600 from amazon so I can try them both and learn from hearing the difference. Thank you.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love for someone to produce a replacement speaker (including the housing) for the rear.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I guess that I should have remembered that this is the standard six speaker system (and I have the B&O), so that might explain the difference. I only replaced the speakers on my system.

I replaced all five of the factory 4 inch speakers with Morel Maximo Coax 4" two way speakers and the two factory 6.5" speakers were replaced with Morel Maximo Coax 6.5" two-way speakers.

So that might explain the difference I experienced.
How is the sound with the Morel’s? These are what I am looking at. I want something that can get loud, clear, and warm all at same time

Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m sorry if this has been asked and explained already, but are base blockers built into the ford factory speakers? Or is it blocked from the head unit?

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m sorry if this has been asked and explained already, but are base blockers built into the ford factory speakers? Or is it blocked from the head unit?
The signal seems to be limited from the head unit to the rear speakers.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are base blockers on the 4" dash and rear speakers in the 6 speaker base system

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are base blockers on the 4" dash and rear speakers in the 6 speaker base system
So if I pulled a signal off the front speakers for an amp, would I need bass blockers?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How is the sound with the Morel’s? These are what I am looking at. I want something that can get loud, clear, and warm all at same time
I am pretty happy with them, I feel like I might have been able to possibly get a less expensive speaker with better quality with more research, but I read the reviews, was relatively impressed with the overall ratings they were getting, and I haven't been disappointed with the significant difference they made on the B&O system.
Sponsored