Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a tough one to swallow for most:
Manual transmission is for enthusiasts; automatic is for folks who are not enthusiasts. I agree that the automatic is more convenient. But if you truly love cars (the feel, the drive, and the marriage of man to machine) the convenience is outweighed by the want and need to row your own gears. It is a good litmus test for enthusiasts: does your love of driving outweigh your love of convenience?

Its like loving and using a car's autopilot system (Tesla owners) and still saying your a "car guy"... no, your a tech guy who has a tech-y car.
I think you are very much over simplifying this and like most things it is not entirely black and white. You cant just divide folks into two buckets based on that one simple factor.
Sponsored

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you are very much over simplifying this and like most things it is not entirely black and white. You cant just divide folks into two buckets based on that one simple factor.
Just enjoying the funnnn lol

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unpopular (or perhaps popular but most are afraid to say it out loud):
People who peruse the pages to look for ways to get offended, directly quote said offender, and dare them to reply.
Especially heinous are the ones who post back to back replies in a thread, quoting multiple people, inviting multiple arguments/strife. A new post for each person.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
agree to disagree....I blew up my knee twice while I was active duty Navy and had reconstruction on it twice. This makes operating a clutch in traffic in the 4th largest city in America far from desireable. I just can't do a manual in Houston traffic. I had multiple manual cars til I had that second reconstruction. Then it was all over for me. Some people buy automatics for reasons other than "convenience".
Of course! I just like to oversimplify and enjoy the funnnn! You obviously have a great reason to need an auto

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guess Iā€™ll go torch my RS7 and buy a Mazda Miata. Then Iā€™ll be a ā€˜car guyā€™. While Iā€™m at it Iā€™ll give away my weekend race car too. What a fully flawed premise that you have to drive a manual to be a car guy. šŸ‘Ž
yaaaaasss dude - if you can afford that and a Merc G, just get a 911 R and don't look back!

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unpopular (or perhaps popular but most are afraid to say it out loud):
People who peruse the pages to look for ways to get offended, directly quote said offender, and dare them to reply.
Especially heinous are the ones who post back to back replies in a thread, quoting multiple people, inviting multiple arguments/strife. A new post for each person.
Well, I think your hair looks dumb.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I think your hair looks dumb.
If the shoe fits, feel free to lace that bish up and wear it.
And I don't have hair, by the way.
It was all shot off in the war.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yaaaaasss dude - if you can afford that and a Merc G, just get a 911 R and don't look back!
Sold the wagon to get the Audi. Now Iā€™m without an off-road vehicle (other than a side-by-side) until the Ford Gods look upon me with pity. Lucky itā€™s coming into šŸšµšŸ» Season. Assuming it ever warms up šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the shoe fits, feel free to lace that bish up and wear it.
And I don't have hair, by the way.
It was all shot off in the war.
Eh, I don't care. I'm just here to converse. Sorry about your hair. They give purple hearts for that?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, I don't care. I'm just here to converse. Sorry about your hair. They give purple hearts for that?
Nah. No purple heart here (and tons of respect for those who do have them).
Probably a poor taste joke in retrospect if taken the wrong way.
It was 100% a nod to the jokes made of Cotton Hill getting his shins shot off in the war.

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. 7 just doesn't make any sense to me. I got the Badlands specifically because it didn't have carpet and had the drains. Why take that away because I also want Adaptive Cruise Control? Or am I misunderstanding it?
No. 7. The Outer Banks is the ā€œfancyā€ from factory like the Jeep Sahara with painted fenders and such. For the other trims, I think when you get the High or Lux packages, itā€™s getting too fancy and carpet should come in fancy vehicles. I got a Base. I feel like it should come with rubber floors like a XL trim truck does. Youā€™ve got me thinking though and Iā€™m not married to this one like I am the others. Maybe they should all be rubber floors regardless of trim or options since it is designed to be a true utilitarian vehicle? Alas, it is my ā€œunpopularā€ opinion.
Also, I have adaptive cruise in my F150 and have had it in several other vehicles. I hate it. It leaves too big of a gap and people jump in causing my cruise to hit the brakes then hit the gas again to catch up and I loose precious MPGs.
Sponsored