Not open for further replies.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not sure lol, that’s just what I saw so I posted it. I have a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack and ::knock on wood::, I have no issues with it. Although I’ve only had it for 15-16 months and it only has like 4,600 miles on it. It’s been a really fun and solid car so far, we’ll worth the price and the 6.4L hemi is a monster and a hell of a lot of fun at the track.
Glad you have had good luck with yours. I've never owned a FCA vehicle personally, so I can't say much. My Sister-in-law does have a 2019 Pacifica minivan and it's had a number of issues so far, but I've driven it many times and it's quite comfortable and rides great. For me, I don't sweat the small stuff that much but really watch to see how a drivetrain holds up after 100K miles. That's the real test.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you have had good luck with yours. I've never owned a FCA vehicle personally, so I can't say much. My Sister-in-law does have a 2019 Pacifica minivan and it's had a number of issues so far, but I've driven it many times and it's quite comfortable and rides great. For me, I don't sweat the small stuff that much but really watch to see how a drivetrain holds up after 100K miles. That's the real test.
Me too and honestly if you asked a Mopar fan what they thought of Ford they’ll give you a variety of memes to being found on the road dead, hitchhiking and burning trash cans lol. I have no brand allegiance, I just buy what I like. I’ve had Chevy, GMC, Scion, Toyota and Dodge in my life.

Reactions: Axe

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know you’re in trouble when your list of “advantages” starts with a folding down front window ???

it just goes down hill from there. If my glasses arent fogged, I believe Jeep tried to take their majorly notes design flaw of having mirrors in the door, and attempt to make make that sound like a good thing! That type of psychology worked about as good as it does for our president!

SMH.... in two years, Jeep mirrors will be on the pillar.
They hate those pesky safety features like windshields, mirrors, and side impact doors. What's next, trash the concept of seat belts and roll bars?

Their advertised encouragement not to use mirrors seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To me, all that boils down to three points:
you can get a Mopar 2-1/2” lift (or 4”) and put on 37’s for about the same price as Sasquatch. Afterward you would be 16” + off the ground and gain articulation.

SFA is pretty straight forward To repair and durable

there is a huge ecosystem of aftermarket that Ford will need to catch up to. Even the soccer moms like to accessorize.
I mean, you'll probably be able to get a lift and 37s on the Bronco for the price of Sasquatch too so that's not exactly an advantage.

And SFA is a preference, not an advantage. I personally don't want an SFA vehicle and would never buy a Wrangler/Gladiator because of it.

Finally, there needs to be a moratorium on this "soccer mom" nonsense. It's clearly being used in a derogatory manner and violates the rules of the forum.

Sponsored

Engineer90

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKVII GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FCA is pooping their pants with the Bronco... and this little attempt at attacking the Bronco is truly pathetic.

I never understood one thing about the Wrangler. It's such a heavy truck. Why use a N/A V6 that makes about the same power and torque as a 2.0T? What stopped them from using the 5.7 HEMI? That mild-hybrid 2.0T though... I see those having tons of issues at the 100k mile mark.

Before COVID, I was debating between a Pentastar 2-door Rubi or a Taco. But decided to put that on hold just to be on the safe side. But now the Bronco, f**k yes! 2-door base + Sasquatch for me and I'll mod it. I would love the manual, but definitely want that 2.7 (that torque :love:), hopefully Ford changes their mind ?Can't wait for it! :)

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why even acknowledge the Bronco? They should have taken the Don Draper approach.

This screams worry or at least acknowledgement of the Bronco’s off road potential and credibility.
Meh. They're just giving sales reps at dealerships some talking points for customers who are comparison shopping. Pretty standard sales and marketing stuff.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, anyone who keeps saying IFS is so much better doesn't truly understand modern design. Articulation is really just about being able to reach down and put power to some sort of surface to keep you moving. With front and rear lockers, it is a non issue. People are also losing sight that rock crawling is a small portion of offroading. The jeepers know that the only argument they have is an outdated take on suspension setup for a very niche segment of offroading.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To satisfy the 1/10 of 1% of the market that will need it. Not necessary, nor profitable.
There is not a ton of them, they are expensive, and they put extreme angles on the CV joints. it is possible, but it isn't ideal for rock crawling. It is for great dessert running. Just for a 5th gen 4Runner, the kits start at $3000. And that is just for the control arms and assemblies needed. No shocks or springs. That would be another $800, minimum. For $3000 you could lift a jeep and buy all new wheels and tires. Or lift it and regear it for larger tires. It's also much easier to regear solid axles, than dropping out the front diff, to do the same work.

None of my assumptions were incorrect. A solid is axle is always going to beat an IFS in extreme off roading (crawling) and functionally easier to deal with (lifting, strength, ease of maintenance).

I feel like I should repeat myself, I love the Bronco. It is the sickest thing that has come out in a long time. But there is no magic in the Bronco's IFS, it is still an IFS.

Baron von Bruce

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know it has little to do with today but I'm annoyed that FCA is playing the heritage card with the original Jeep. May I remind everyone that Fiat was making vehicles for Mussolini and the Nazi's during WW2 and Ford was making Jeeps to fight them? I mean what about that heritage?

Not to mention that Chrysler was done...I mean done... and they took tax dollars to stay afloat just to be sold off over seas. Tax dollars from companies like Ford. What about that Heritage?

Again I know it doesn't mean much today but if I was FCA I'd be looking forwards not backwards.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I would agree with everything you just said. I would prefer IFS too. I would say is, the Jeep Wrangler sells really well. So the segment is large enough to be very profitable, just not large enough for every brand to be in it.

Ford does want the hardcore off-roaders. Otherwise, why post all the Rubicon and Moab videos.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny how they are trying to flip not having mirrors with the doors off as an advantage. They have to realize that the majority of buyers aren't wheeling in tight spots that might rip the mirrors off.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.