Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Best suggestion is lay it all out and figure out the bag of hardware.
Fortunately as I have the Wildtrak with 2.7 I shouldn’t run into the same problems as you with mounts. I can hope🤞🏻
Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Best suggestion is lay it all out and figure out the bag of hardware.

They need better pictures and pictures showing what hardware goes where. It's like a puzzle, you need to assemble everything like the diagram based off part numbers. I had to start over as I ended up with the wrong bolts.
I suggested they label the images with the orientation to the front of the vehicle. I also ran into the issue where it said to install the bracket on the cross member, I counted 5 cross members...... the Diff cover on my 2.7 looks different than the image. The picture has a big rectangular box. My diff cover is boat sided and when it attaches to the frame and the bash plate over top of it, the stock bolt barely engages the nut plate. Bolt should be about 1/2 inch longer for full engagement. I still have to put up the transfer case and gas tank skids. I twisted a gas tank hanger, wheeling in Moab and had to wait on the replacement to come in. I also ordered some of the bash plate bolts since the front two Metalcloak plates use 7 bolts to attach and I only had the 6 from the bash plate and diff plate.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm local to if you want to take a look.

Yes, you will need to drop the skid plates to change the oil.
I didn't catch that you were local. Could you not pick it up directly instead of having it shipped?

I'm just surprised about the lack of oil access. They do it on their other plates, for example on my Wrangler. I'd be curious as to why they decided not to put a hole or an access door. Although I know taking your skids off once in awhile and seeing what's going on underneath is a good thing.

If only I had some idea of when I could expect my Bronco. I mean at this point I honestly don't even know what year!

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fortunately as I have the Wildtrak with 2.7 I shouldn’t run into the same problems as you with mounts. I can hope🤞🏻
Like the OP said, lay it out the way it should be assembled. It is like an Ikea bed you are putting together. Mine didn't come with the antiseize, I had to go buy some.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does that have any drain holes to drain crap out from off roading? I’d be concerned it would load up with mud and debris while off roading with no easy way to clean it out. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does that have any drain holes to drain crap out from off roading? I’d be concerned it would load up with mud and debris while off roading with no easy way to clean it out. Thoughts?
Just a couple of 3/8 to 1/4 holes and there are seams so water can get out. I would say the target is more rock crawling than mud running for these skids. You definitely won't poke a hole if you hit a log.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a couple of 3/8 to 1/4 holes and there are seams so water can get out. I would say the target is more rock crawling than mud running for these skids. You definitely won't poke a hole if you hit a log.
Thanks for a thorough and honest post!

What's the material? Galvanized steel?
Thickness?
Total weight?

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3/16 steel with zinc gold coated. You can jack up the bronco from any point on the skids... I already static load tested it.
Are the MetalCloak skids lighter or heavier than the OE skids they replace?

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely lowered the front another 3/8" to 1/2" with the skid plates.
Ford Bronco Snacktime's Metalcloak Undercloak armor skidplates - install/dents/wear and tear PXL_20220604_150850525
You mean the increased weight compressed your springs that much?

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are the MetalCloak skids lighter or heavier than the OE skids they replace?
I only had a bash plate and diff plate up front, no other skids. They are heavier though and more durable.
Sponsored