Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Make sure the body shop looks at it thoroughly and orders all the parts before you leave it with them. I had a smaller accident than you and they thought they had all the parts. Once they pulled it apart they found a bent radiator core support which took two months to arrive. That was with a plastic bumper. Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s a good deal more damage under there that you canā€™t see.
Unfortunately as a former auto body tech I can tell you they can spend hours looking at it and not find everything. Until it is torn down and measurements taken. they cannot be 100% certain of what is bent.
To the OP damn that sucks glad to hear nobody was hurt.
It doesnā€™t shock me these days they let the other guy go. It doesnā€™t make any sense everything about it sounds like that car /driver should not have been in the road.
heck the it was in the news that the city of lansing, MI has suspended pulling anyone over for minor infractions because they donā€™t want altercations between drivers and the police. They said unless itā€™s an immediate danger to someone they will not pull anyone overšŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stuff like this has me seriously contemplating a dash cam. I'd hope that if PD made an unsafe entry to traffic the costs could be passed on to the PD.
Highly unlikely unless his actions were proved to be negligent. Good luck on proving that one.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Highly unlikely unless his actions were proved to be negligent. Good luck on proving that one.
Hence why I said "I'd hope". šŸ˜‰

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nope! He somehow got away with zero tickets as well. Not sure if they will charge him later but there were so many things wrong with his situation. It wasnā€™t his car either he was transporting it for a dealer.
someone should be suing the sh*t out of said dealer if he was an employee.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't know Texas Laws - but in VA, if you hit someone in the rear, it's almost always YOUR fault. Doesn't matter the reason. According to a VA State Trooper and the Traffic Court judge (I had to sit there for hours and eventually got my ticket dismissed - and witnessed this guy arguing this ticket for following too close for a LONG TIME so it sticks in my memory) if a driver cannot stop in time to NOT hit the car in front of them, they were following too close for speed / conditions.

Regardless - good luck.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stuff like this has me seriously contemplating a dash cam. I'd hope that if PD made an unsafe entry to traffic the costs could be passed on to the PD.
Unfortunately most municipalities arenā€™t responsible to pay for stuff like this. A cop wrecked into my wifeā€™s parked car while texting and totaled it. We knew the chief and he basically told us to bad so sad. We did have gap insurance on the car and it ended up costing us a ton.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nope! He somehow got away with zero tickets as well. Not sure if they will charge him later but there were so many things wrong with his situation. It wasnā€™t his car either he was transporting it for a dealer.
He will have a new name and SS number tomorrow so good luck finding him lol

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately most municipalities arenā€™t responsible to pay for stuff like this. A cop wrecked into my wifeā€™s parked car while texting and totaled it. We knew the chief and he basically told us to bad so sad. We did have gap insurance on the car and it ended up costing us a ton.
It is rather sad how much immunity we've allowed police departments in cases like that where the officer was clearly at fault and not performing his duties.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is rather sad how much immunity we've allowed police departments in cases like that where the officer was clearly at fault and not performing his duties.
It is. There is a fine line. God knows with all the bs I wouldnā€™t want to do that job.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, with all the uncertainty around who is at fault, the fake plates, PD being involved, I would just let your insurance company take care of who to go after. They have the lawyers to make it work if they wish.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know Texas Laws - but in VA, if you hit someone in the rear, it's almost always YOUR fault. Doesn't matter the reason. According to a VA State Trooper and the Traffic Court judge (I had to sit there for hours and eventually got my ticket dismissed - and witnessed this guy arguing this ticket for following too close for a LONG TIME so it sticks in my memory) if a driver cannot stop in time to NOT hit the car in front of them, they were following too close for speed / conditions.

Regardless - good luck.
I believe it's very similar in WA, but the wildcard that can shift blame is when the other driver is illegally on the road, such as a suspended license or DUI.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be ready for an injury claim from the other driver and potentially a claim from the insurance carrier of the dealer you mentioned (probably covered under a dealer "open lot" policy). USAA should/will handle that, including any recovery for you and them, if the other party or police are found at fault (I would say 95% sure they will not). You will almost certainly have at least some liability, based on the photos and contributory negligence law (varies by state). With some exceptions, it you hit a vehicle that is in front of you, you were following to closely for conditions, in the eyes of the law. The drivers legal status also likely has little impact on their ability to make a claim against you. Not trolling, just spent 25 years in the insurance industry and I try and share my experience when issues like these come up.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately for me, today on my way home from work, a police officer pulled out in front of the blue car to pursue someone and both of us slammed on our brakes to avoid a collision with the officer.
As sad as it is, the bronco is a beast and I recommend the steel bumper as well as the bull bar for everyone interested. It almost certainly saved my grille and hood from far worse damage.

5A293722-1F16-4797-B85F-54483BE94900.jpeg
DD05F46F-D5E9-4531-8485-C132FE087F5B.jpeg
1BF44C13-5675-4F40-A498-CE5BA760A201.jpeg
963E6D07-1E11-4438-B2BA-9ADA3FE148C6.jpeg
86DB848E-8C7B-4D34-908F-F6B80DA9C172.jpeg
CBCF418F-E9D2-46F5-B9C7-54CA75534783.jpeg
Time to make lemonade.... Looks like you will be getting a new hood. Time to put those $$$ towards Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hood. This just mak work out for you, just a thought...

Not connected, just a customer and very happy with their Ram air hood.

https://www.advfiberglass.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-ram-air-hood
Sponsored