Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
When my Badlands get built I have zero intention to Rock Crawl it.

I’ll go in dirt and mud and sand but no hardcore Rock Climbing.

Anyone else the same with theirs after getting delivery?

I will lift mine 3”-4” and get some aesthetic mods (Full PPF, wheels and 37s when stock squatch tires need to be replaced).

Anyone else treat their Badlands same way?

My guess is majority.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else treat their Badlands same way?

My guess is majority.
Considering how many Jeep Wrangler Rubicons I've seen that clearly have never seen dirt in their life (let alone a rock) you are probably right.

But no. If I had no intention on rock crawling, I would have saved myself a few thousand dollars and gotten a Black Diamond Sasquatch instead. Sway-bar disconnect isn't really necessary unless you are rock-crawling, and I rather not have an extra component on my vehicle that has the potential to cost thousands of dollars to repair when it breaks.

BUT, that's just me. You do you.

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Considering how many Jeep Wrangler Rubicons I've seen that clearly have never seen dirt in their life (let alone a rock) you are probably right.

But no. If I had no intention on rock crawling, I would have saved myself a few thousand dollars and gotten a Black Diamond Sasquatch instead. Sway-bar disconnect isn't really necessary unless you are rock-crawling, and I rather not have an extra component on my vehicle that has the potential to cost thousands of dollars to repair when it breaks.

BUT, that's just me. You do you.
Want Lux pack and have a feeling Badlands will resell better down road when next gen Bronco comes.

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Why not get a Jeep 4xe Sahara? It will handle dirt, probably mud and sand. Should be easier to put big tires on, partially electric so way more reasonable fuel economy...
I considered Jeep 100% but I don’t like their interior and I feel Bronco is roomier inside.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why order the Badlands with it's skid plates and disconnecting stabar? I'm confused. As stated you could've saved a few thousand dollars to get a different trim model.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not get a Jeep 4xe Sahara? It will handle dirt, probably mud and sand. Should be easier to put big tires on, partially electric so way more reasonable fuel economy...
My issue with the 4xe is that the "electric power" is already pretty low - Now you add bigger, heavier tires, wheels, etc. and it's going to diminish this low number even quicker. Now you are running on fuel, with the extra weight of the batteries, getting even worse fuel economy. 4xe doesn't make sense if you're going to modify it (IMO).

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Why order the Badlands with it's skid plates and disconnecting stabar? I'm confused. As stated you could've saved a few thousand dollars to get a different trim model.
I wanted 2.7 Lux Sasquatch and MGV seats and washout floors (I have dogs and that will be easier to clean). Badlands was only option fit all I needed. I’ll use sta bar disconnect when going on rough dirt roads etc. Just no rock climbing . My guess is I’ll use it off pavement more than most. With the 3-4” lift I’llbe adding I don’t think it would like rock climbing….

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
My issue with the 4xe is that the "electric power" is already pretty low - Now you add bigger, heavier tires, wheels, etc. and it's going to diminish this low number even quicker. Now you are running on fuel, with the extra weight of the batteries, getting even worse fuel economy. 4xe doesn't make sense if you're going to modify it (IMO).
1 100% agree. My thought Is PHEV are not very good unless you have economic car to go around town etc. Jeep should have made 100% electric. THAT is my dream bronco. 100% electric

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why get the heaviest and slowest of all the Broncos when you're not gonna off road it? Get a non-squatch with painted fenders, it will by far look the best as a mall crawler, and be the most performant on road and I'm not joking I'm totally serious.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why get the heaviest and slowest of all the Broncos when you're not gonna off road it? Get a non-squatch with painted fenders, it will by far look the best as a mall crawler, and be the most performant on road and I'm not joking I'm totally serious.
Hate the painted flares with passion.

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I considered Jeep 100% but I don’t like their interior and I feel Bronco is roomier inside.
Wife has a 2018 Wrangler and my Bronco is way easier to live with day to day. Hers is stock and wanders on the road. Have to correct steering constantly and yes Bronco has more room. I feel cramped in the wrangler, not at all i my Bronco.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yea, fully intend to have a few trips down to Moab for camping, adventuring and playing hero on the slick rock.

Locally there's not enough real rock to do specific climbing, but you'll constantly be encountering boulders on the mountainous trails.

Ultimately, no, I don't intend to get PPF and prevent my Bronco from being driven off-road as it was designed to do (that's actually part of the reason for buying Bronco o_O).

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea, fully intend to have a few trips down to Moab for camping, adventuring and playing hero on the slick rock.

Locally there's not enough real rock to do specific climbing, but you'll constantly be encountering boulders on the mountainous trails.

Ultimately, no, I don't intend to get PPF and prevent my Bronco from being driven off-road as it was designed to do (that's actually part of the reason for buying Bronco o_O).
I’m going off road a lot actually. Just NOT rock climbing. Totally getting Full PPF as I like the flat color look.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Better fuel economy for 25 miles around town. Much worse highway economy though. Depending on usage, it could be good or bad. For my use it's worse than a ICE option.
Sponsored