First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh. So you’re telling me Ford can build 12K Broncos a month and Granger can only get 3? Amazing. Just another reason Ford can go to hell.
Ford has 3000 dealerships. That's 4 Broncos per dealership per month.

Ford isn't lying about their production numbers. That would be a pretty major FTC violation.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford isn't lying about their production numbers. That would be a pretty major FTC violation.
Maybe the production numbers are real. Issue is, they mostly want to build strippers, or the low option builds.

My Bronco is quite loaded with all of the toys; I get that this may cause a delay, but nothing justifies this long of a wait.

other manufacturers have managed to handle this demand surge better, so why not Ford? I do blame the former CEO for bad forecast management, but not ordering enough chips was stupid.

Jeep somehow has a ton of chips and can give me anything I want in 3 months delivery; that’s enticing, but I don’t want a goddamn Wrangler and Ford knows this, so I’m stuck for the moment as are many of you.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe the production numbers are real. Issue is, they mostly want to build strippers, or the low option builds.

My Bronco is quite loaded with all of the toys; I get that this may cause a delay, but nothing justifies this long of a wait.

other manufacturers have managed to handle this demand surge better, so why not Ford? I do blame the former CEO for bad forecast management, but not ordering enough chips was stupid.

Jeep somehow has a ton of chips and can give me anything I want in 3 months delivery; that’s enticing, but I don’t want a goddamn Wrangler and Ford knows this, so I’m stuck for the moment as are many of you.
Bright side is 4 US based superchip facilities are being built or planned to be built around the country due to this mess. Not immediate but for future infrastructure it will help alleviate these cargo ship and foreign factory issues

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s a dealer lottery. Ford is making 12,000 a month (or someone is going to jail for overstated production).

I’m not sure where you two got the insinuation the numbers were a lie. But both your posts make me laugh.

-Granger has the most Bronco orders in the country and they’re reservations!
-timestamp order regardless of dealer was a lie
- They can’t even get 4 Broncos.

All reasons Ford can go to hell.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

We apparently both have a fan that just comes by to laugh at things like a 12 year old girl on Instagram.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We apparently both have a fan that just comes by to laugh at things like a 12 year old girl on Instagram.
I see. :)

Interesting, but whatever. I don’t find any of this funny. Even if I had my Bronco, I know there are some other real wheelers out there who just want to go play in the dirt like I do, but in a Bronco. I hate it for these guys. Hell, a guy earlier in this thread wrote that he sold his vehicle last Spring in anticipation and it has caused issues only having 1 car; that was avoidable, not from his sale, but it was perfectly logical to expect it not to take 2-3 model years to deliver a mass produced vehicle. Bronco isn’t a Vette or a Raptor that are limited runs from the start.

I’ve never owned a Ford, but was looking forward to being a faithful customer. I understand the current business realities and work in, around, and analyze them, but I just can’t accept how badly Ford shit the bed here.

Between the EVs, Raptor, Bronco line, etc, Ford had a lead on all other manufacturers that would have been hard to compete with, but…..

In the end, the company that has beaten Ford, is Ford.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Interesting, but whatever. I don’t find any of this funny. Even if I had my Bronco, I know there are some other real wheelers out there who just want to go play in the dirt like I do, but in a Bronco. I hate it for these guys. Hell, a guy earlier in this thread wrote that he sold his vehicle last Spring in anticipation and it has caused issues only having 1 car; that was avoidable, not from his sale, but it was perfectly logical to expect it not to take 2-3 model years to deliver a mass produced vehicle. Bronco isn’t a Vette or a Raptor that are limited runs from the start.

I’ve never owned a Ford, but was looking forward to being a faithful customer. I understand the current business realities and work in, around, and analyze them, but I just can’t accept how badly Ford shit the bed here.

Between the EVs, Raptor, Bronco line, etc, Ford had a lead on all other manufacturers that would have been hard to compete with, but…..

Yeah, I don’t find it amusing at all. I reserved this for my wife and was going to surprise her. I couldn’t wait and I didn’t know what model so I surprised her before the B&P. I wish I never had because it’s just turned into anger since then. Im angry that I don’t think Ford’s earning our business and she’s angry at me for being so annoyed lol. But I agree, everything that’s happened has been Ford’s doing, they made this mess. But we’ve already agreed we’ll wait until the price protection ends and at that point we’re out.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About the only thing I can contribute to this forum is expressing my disappointment and frustration. I was very active in the beginning. Not so much anymore.

When Ford launched the reservations they implied that it would be your place in line. Over 100,000 reservations came in within the first couple of months. Ford made a big deal about the number and it was reported in many publications. Ford stock did not suffer. I remember members here who owned Ford stock getting excited as they watched the price go up.

This is what angers me the most. I feel like it was a bait and switch. Line up all these reservations, pick any dealer you want and get your Bronco in approximately the order you reserved. Ford profits on the new launch and number of reservations.

Then came the first round of dealer allocations around December 2020. We were told to find a dealer with better numbers. I couldn't get my local dealers to commit to pricing in September of 2020 now I'm supposed to get a price lock in December 2020 when the dealers know they hold all the cards?

So I stayed with my discount dealer as did many others. I was very excited to find out I was #105 out of 109 allocations for 2021. I went to an early Bronco event where they were taking models to different areas. I told the rep I had one on order, He asked if I was within my dealer allocation. When I responded in the affirmative he gave me a big smile and a thumbs up. This was late spring 2021.

October of 2021 and all that changed. I was pushed to 2022 and lost my color choice. I was still hopeful until it was announced allocations were changing again and dealer match percentage was lowered. Screwed again. I get that allocations also played a part in this especially with the MIC top situation. But that isn't the problem a the moment with not following the reservation system. I have seen people who reserved weeks after me getting my build.

My 7/14/20 @1600 reservation currently has me sitting #21 at my dealer. Nothing but crickets. I feel cheated by Ford because I played their game from the beginning. They used my reservation to tout their successful launch and help their bottom line then dumped me the first chance they could get to appease some dealers.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I just wanted a simple base 2-door manual Bronco to hit the trails. No options. Bottom line - it's Ford and their system that has been unable to supply me with one. Meanwhile, people acquiring multiple Broncos, flipping and all that malarkey, is a further turnoff.

Fortunately I'm a long time Jeep guy and so have other options. I'd hate to be desperate for a Bronco, waiting while some MF has 3+ Broncos for his wife and sweet sixteen daughter, or flipping them for 20k+ to big spenders, lol.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it was perfectly logical to expect it not to take 2-3 model years to deliver a mass produced vehicle. Bronco isn’t a Vette or a Raptor that are limited runs from the start.
That's a great point. This isn't a venture capital funded startup like Rivian, this is a mass-produced FORD, and it's two years past the initial unveiling.

Think back to the July 2020 reservation scramble, it was crazy at the time that it took six months of some delays and spotty communication before the actual order banks even opened.

By now, we should be seeing these things in Hertz fleets.

Sponsored

greybrutus61

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oct 2020 res , When Ii asked my dealer in march 2022 when i can get my bronco? He says maybe 2023. i no longer need a big gas guzzeler work truck and want to replace it. I kept my place in line and ordered a bronco sport. 4 months now and it is ready for pick-up at the dealership but the full-size isn't anything but ordered.. I plan on trading in the sport when my 2 door black diamond arrives. in maybe another 2 years, i think I'm playing along with Fords plan. How screwed-up this is!

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just called in to Ford for the sake of checking. Ordered 1/21/2022 and not reservation holder so I was not expecting anything this year. (This is my second Bronco) They told me, vehicle still does not have a production date assigned but has been marked as "clean" which they say means it will be produced for 2022 MY. This is a fully loaded Badlands (EG, Auto, 2.7, Lux, MIC, Tow, MGV). We will see!

Do you have the number you called. I have the exact build ordered 12/21 just curious about mine now. Thanks

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
About the only thing I can contribute to this forum is expressing my disappointment and frustration. I was very active in the beginning. Not so much anymore.

When Ford launched the reservations they implied that it would be your place in line. Over 100,000 reservations came in within the first couple of months. Ford made a big deal about the number and it was reported in many publications. Ford stock did not suffer. I remember members here who owned Ford stock getting excited as they watched the price go up.

This is what angers me the most. I feel like it was a bait and switch. Line up all these reservations, pick any dealer you want and get your Bronco in approximately the order you reserved. Ford profits on the new launch and number of reservations.

Then came the first round of dealer allocations around December 2020. We were told to find a dealer with better numbers. I couldn't get my local dealers to commit to pricing in September of 2020 now I'm supposed to get a price lock in December 2020 when the dealers know they hold all the cards?

So I stayed with my discount dealer as did many others. I was very excited to find out I was #105 out of 109 allocations for 2021. I went to an early Bronco event where they were taking models to different areas. I told the rep I had one on order, He asked if I was within my dealer allocation. When I responded in the affirmative he gave me a big smile and a thumbs up. This was late spring 2021.

October of 2021 and all that changed. I was pushed to 2022 and lost my color choice. I was still hopeful until it was announced allocations were changing again and dealer match percentage was lowered. Screwed again. I get that allocations also played a part in this especially with the MIC top situation. But that isn't the problem a the moment with not following the reservation system. I have seen people who reserved weeks after me getting my build.

My 7/14/20 @1600 reservation currently has me sitting #21 at my dealer. Nothing but crickets. I feel cheated by Ford because I played their game from the beginning. They used my reservation to tout their successful launch and help their bottom line then dumped me the first chance they could get to appease some dealers.
Nailed it. I was 8/17/20. Line was huge and I knew there could be a wait but never in my life did I think we would be hopeful we MIGHT see a 2023. I get stuff happens but it doesn’t change all the walk in orders and non reservation Broncos out driving around while we sit and wait. I ordered and found this site and Granger. Had great conversation with Albert before they really blew up. I asked questions and no dealer wanted to commit to anything around Colorado so I switched. Big mistake. Ford punished me for making a financial decision for myself. Merely because they cannot control their dealerships dishonesty and shiftiness. After they closed everything we found out how F’ed we were. They refused transfers, they refused to help and they refused to acknowledge how badly they messed this up. We’re like 170th in line STILL while Granger gets 3 Broncos the last cycle. I just have to sit and wait and suffer in the mess they made because I chose a dealer like they told me to. Meanwhile big dealers are raking in Broncos, selling them off for over MSRP. Those people without orders are selling them off to carvana, KBB etc for profit. Then the same people are reordering at the same dealers for higher end Broncos. Reservation holders are ordering low end Broncos at random dealers just to get a car to drive while they wait for their real Bronco.

The lines not getting any shorter.

greybrutus61

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually I should have said I emailed my dealer Chapman Motors. At that time i was something like 130 on thier list, I think They told me they have been getting approximately 30 a year.