Sponsored

The Sams Club tire guy said... bigger tires will tear up my transfer case, transmission, engine, suspension, brakes

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Costco - They put oversized tires on my FJ. No problems at all. All depends on who you get.

Granted the FJ already had a lift kit and a set of worn out oversized tires installed when I showed up. They had to order them ahead of time though since they weren't in stock and they never batted an eye about it.
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tell him Ford puts 35 from the factory so you're good šŸ¤£

I doubt he knows enough to realize the front axles are different.
But aren't the larger tires on the higher end models, that have different/better gear ratios, etc. to handle the tire size.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Probably wouldnā€™t have had an issue if you went to Costco. Jk
I dumped Costco when they wouldn't honor their road hazard after my wife hit a ladder, yes an effing ladder, on the interstate. He said he had no record of me rotating and balancing the tires which invalidates the road hazard. That was done elsewhere, and I just didn't have proof with me. The tire was damaged beyond repair, but the other tires were obviously maintained with less than 15k miles on them and what's that have to do with running into a ladder on the road. I had to get to the store manager to get involved. Lost 2-3 hours of back and forth, but by then it was the principle of it.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The guy works at sams club is problem number 1. Problem number 2 is they donā€™t even sell 35s or similar tire sizes so Iā€™m sure he will tell you whatever he thinks will get you to buy from him. Also since the bronco comes with 35s with the Sasquatch package, you can bet he is full of shit
The sams club guy is a jerk, but not full of shit. The tire size needs to be specified on the label, and they don't do it for liability reasons even if they had the size. Some tire shops may be willing to take the risk or have different insurance, but they have a very good reason for not installing out of spec parts. You should be directing most of your anger at the ambulance chaser lawyers, not sams.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the best mechanics and most knowledgeable car people gravitate to Samā€™s Club. Heard theyā€™re selling NHRA top fuel dragsters next to the shrimp puffsā€¦

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's funny!!! Especially when it's not even reasonable... Ford Bronco to ready for 37" tire from the factory floor.

I have 37" K02s installed from day one. No lift, no levelers, no offset, factory wheels...

Sometimes stupid or ignorance just shows its head in our daily life. Move on and be happy....šŸ˜Ž

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guess it depends on your dealer. My dealer told me the only thing that will void the warranty is upgrading the turbo or removing O2 sensors from the
The sams club guy is a jerk, but not full of shit. The tire size needs to be specified on the label, and they don't do it for liability reasons even if they had the size. Some tire shops may be willing to take the risk or have different insurance, but they have a very good reason for not installing out of spec parts. You should be directing most of your anger at the ambulance chaser lawyers, not sams.
i donā€™t have anger towards the sams club employee. Itā€™s laughable to think that they wouldnā€™t sell you larger tires. This is a off road vehicle and some here are saying it will void your warranty. Everyone in my state and I mean everyone has lifted their truck and most have put larger tires on. If this was the case then 98% of people where I live would be out of warranty, but thatā€™s not true. Some may have a dealer that say that, but for the most part that isnā€™t the case.. and certainly not true. Mine told me if I upgrade the turbo or do something to the exhaust that removes or bypasses the O2 sensor, then I would void the warranty all else was fair game. My dealership recommended two different places to get my bronco lifted at because they donā€™t do that, but it wouldnā€™t void the warranty.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand the best mechanics and most knowledgeable car people gravitate to Samā€™s Club. Heard theyā€™re selling NHRA top fuel dragsters next to the shrimp puffsā€¦
Thank you for the LOL šŸ˜‚

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My base is scheduled for production so now I'm earnestly working on the new tire situation. I love the look of the steelies but not the tires Ford puts on them. Since I'm already in Sams that day I head to the tire department to see what they have, the guy looks up the Bronco, tells me the stock tire size. I tell him I need 265's and of course he isn't going to put them on, but then he proceeds to tell me that going to a bigger tire will tear up my transfer case and transmission, my engine, the suspension, brakes, and render the vehicle unable to be driven safely.

I tell him not to bother any further with looking things up, and he keeps going. You'll never find a shop that will install those tires, the whole industry is going that way, and all the time he has my membership card and seems reluctant to give it back. I had to ask him directly for its return.

It's one thing to be told "we don't do that" I expected it TBH. But the hard sell put me off.
One last thing-I looked at the tire decal in the door jamb of the Wrangler and it lists 3 different tire sizes. Can someone with a base look at theirs and see what it lists? I'm thinking that any tire on that sticker should be a go at any tire shop, even a consumer grade Karen shop like Sams.
Shit, I better order a new vehicle. My bronco is probably about ready for the crusher after rolling around on these for a few thousand miles
Ford Bronco The Sams Club tire guy said... bigger tires will tear up my transfer case, transmission, engine, suspension, brakes Screenshot_20220825-191756_Gallery

Sponsored

philly3227

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger 4 x 4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My base is scheduled for production so now I'm earnestly working on the new tire situation. I love the look of the steelies but not the tires Ford puts on them. Since I'm already in Sams that day I head to the tire department to see what they have, the guy looks up the Bronco, tells me the stock tire size. I tell him I need 265's and of course he isn't going to put them on, but then he proceeds to tell me that going to a bigger tire will tear up my transfer case and transmission, my engine, the suspension, brakes, and render the vehicle unable to be driven safely.

I tell him not to bother any further with looking things up, and he keeps going. You'll never find a shop that will install those tires, the whole industry is going that way, and all the time he has my membership card and seems reluctant to give it back. I had to ask him directly for its return.

It's one thing to be told "we don't do that" I expected it TBH. But the hard sell put me off.
One last thing-I looked at the tire decal in the door jamb of the Wrangler and it lists 3 different tire sizes. Can someone with a base look at theirs and see what it lists? I'm thinking that any tire on that sticker should be a go at any tire shop, even a consumer grade Karen shop like Sams.

philly3227

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger 4 x 4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

just looked at my base 2 door sticker lists 255/7016 i now have a 2" lift with squatch 35" tires and wheels no issues 19 mpg with 373 gears v6 auto 3500 miles

Sassy51

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Blk BD 2.3 Auto - 1/11/22+9/21/22 11/29/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe it or not Folks but I have had the same treatment at 4wheel partsā€¦.. over the phone tho.. I think I could get better answers if I just go in

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He thought 265ā€™s were too big, lol!
Sponsored