Bremre

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am planning to order a 23 wildtrak once the order banks open. In the meantime, I have been following the stock of broncos at local dealerships (I live in Massachusetts) and noticed that Bronco's are sitting longer on lots, dealer mark ups are going away and inventory is going up. Are others noticing the same thing? Anybody have any insight into how much of the reservations are actually turning into orders?
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing like that out west. I was at my dealer Saturday in the Portland, Oregon area. The only Bronco's on their lot are two mannequins for test drives. If they happen to get a Bronco for stock, they sell at $7k over MSRP. Bronco Raptors are $25k over. They had 6 allocations for Bronco Raptors and all 6 sold at $25k over.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not sure why it matters if the market is slowing down or not. The only question that should concern anyone is

1. do you want one?
2. Can you afford one based on rising interest rates? If paying cash then you just have to worry about number 1.

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think yes. I also think supply is ticking up as well. ADM has been falling over the last month for sure. The used market is flooded with folks trying to sell for a profit. If you want to spend some time on the phone and don't mind traveling, you can find a new rig for MSRP. It might not be exactly what you would have ordered, but I bet it will be darn close.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't forget with rising interest rates some people might just not be able to afford what they taught they would be able when first ordered

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont know about Bronco sales, but higher rates are slowing everything. Cars have just gotton too expensive compared to what people make and that might have been affordable last year when rates were low, but it won't be the case moving forward.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think yes. I also think supply is ticking up as well. ADM has been falling over the last month for sure. The used market is flooded with folks trying to sell for a profit. If you want to spend some time on the phone and don't mind traveling, you can find a new rig for MSRP. It might not be exactly what you would have ordered, but I bet it will be darn close.
Exactly this. They can be found at MSRP if you cast a wide enough net. Admittedly anything badlands or above would be a tough score right now.

The ADM craziness is quickly evaporating for our Broncos and moving on to Raptors. If you’re shrewd you’ll get an abandoned order or slightly used Wildtrack no problem in the coming months.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If a dealer has a Bronco he's going to get top dollar. Of all the cars to have on your lot a Bronco is the most sought after. He can lower his price at anytime.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Rising interest rates by feds is supposed to stop buying. In ”theory” its supposed to reduce inflation. But we have so much money flooded in the economy now that nothing will stop this except a recession. When people stop buying most everything.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rising interest rates by feds is supposed to stop buying. In ”theory” its supposed to reduce inflation. But we have so much money flooded in the economy now that nothing will stop this except a recession. When people stop buying most everything.
Careful what u wish for, Old lady works in Real-estate here in PA and the housing market is changing daily. Just 4 weeks ago you list your house and you had offers over asking in 24 hours, now houses are actually siting and as sellers are starting to adjust asking price's

Sponsored

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am planning to order a 23 wildtrak once the order banks open. In the meantime, I have been following the stock of broncos at local dealerships (I live in Massachusetts) and noticed that Bronco's are sitting longer on lots, dealer mark ups are going away and inventory is going up. Are others noticing the same thing? Anybody have any insight into how much of the reservations are actually turning into orders?
Also in Mass. I've definitely been seeing more in dealers' inventory, but all of them are still marked up.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think the few "extra" Broncos on the lot that you are seeing is going to be the norm anytime soon. A dealer may have a couple of extras right now due to interest rates, abandon orders and maybe a couple of dealer stock, but since the order banks are closed and there will be a shut down for the MY23 change over I don't see supply ticking up very much anytime soon.

Add no new orders for walk-ins any time soon and once those few "extra" Broncos are gone, will there be any to replace them on the lot?

Population density or lack of, might give an area or dealer a temporary increase of Broncos, but with over 160 orders waiting to be filled at the dealer I ordered from, plus a "long waiting list" of people wanting to order I don't see any sitting at that dealership. Of course he's not telling me how many are waiting. Where I live the housing market has slowed slightly, but still too high with prices more stagnate, but not really dropping. Depending on condition, you can't just sell anything as fast, but the nice homes are still selling; and the parking lots at retail store and their check out lines are still packed.

But we have so much money flooded in the economy
If Ford concentrates on our orders and doesn't take any new orders or very few, while moving the MY change over back to summer than there will be less MY23 made and maybe very few dealer stock or new orders and demand will still be there.

Russia is failing in their war with soldiers running from their posts and any new candidates are fleeing their own Russian to avoid serving and if the war ended tomorrow how would that effect our economy?

A lot can happen, good or bad, two weeks ago we were worried about a rail shutdown.

The good news to those of us that get a MY23 if only 2/3rds of a years production is made and most custom builds, our units and the 150,000 or so units built in '21 & '22 will be sought after for years to come.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dealer I use showed 11 new Broncos in stock on their website a couple of weeks ago, this morning they have 3, all were "special order" window stickers. They also had 4 used Broncos last week and now have 2.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure why it matters if the market is slowing down or not. The only question that should concern anyone is

1. do you want one?
2. Can you afford one based on rising interest rates? If paying cash then you just have to worry about number 1.
OP had a question. It matters to him for whatever reason. Your "should" is what doesn't matter here.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Waiting close to three years for a vehicle for many, large amount of mechanical issues, rising fuel prices and a slew of new nice vehicles can discourage a lot of people.
I can imagine if the Wrangler wasn't the only competitor, and the market was as flooded as it is with midsize SUVs, very few would care about the Bronco.
Also a year ago, a Bronco sighting was rare and exciting, even picture worthy, I see a few a day now so they are more of a "meh" occasion, especially with most of them being a shade of grey.

I ordered a Bronco for my wife because she thought it was a cute retro looking vehicle like the Fiat 500/Mini/Beetle. I enjoy a sighting of a Hyundai Ionic 5 more.
Sponsored

Last edited: