Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha…it makes total sense to think about Goats as a short cut for the drive train, but does “Slippery” change traction control parameters and throttle application as well (like in some of the other GOAT modes)?
Yes that's a good point. The one thing the GOAT modes can do that you can't do outside of the GOAT mode system is change how the steering, throttle, and transmission act. In the case of the slippery GOAT mode, it makes everything more "sluggish" feeling, similar to the Eco mode. So your throttle, steering, and transmission will all act more conservatively.

Some vehicles also let you completely customize those parameters too—it's a very common feature on high-performance vehicles. Just not the Bronco unfortunately.

BUT, the the Bronco Raptor will that capability... basically gives you the ability to create your own completely custom GOAT mode.
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve seen people compare the bronco’s 4A to that of the Raptor. From what I understand, the raptors transfer case has wet clutches and can actively send partial, varying power to the front. That sounds very different to me than on-demand 4h engagement that I’ve seen describing the bronco’s 4A. Does anyone know for certain how similar or different the 4A is on the bronco?

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any conclusion drawn based on the B+P site that seems to conflict with other information is wrong 98% of the time.

The Ford website is kind of an embarassment.

Bronco fact sources from least to most trustworthy:
  • Dealer
  • Ford customer service line
  • Ford website
  • Ford's official emails to reservation holders
  • ... (large gap)
  • Ford Authority
  • Order guide
  • Official Ford statements to Bronco Nation
  • ... (large gap)
  • B6G consensus
  • ... (large gap)
  • Random drum guy in Ohio
WTF? No Mike “Stay Pumped” Levine?

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve seen people compare the bronco’s 4A to that of the Raptor. From what I understand, the raptors transfer case has wet clutches and can actively send partial, varying power to the front. That sounds very different to me than on-demand 4h engagement that I’ve seen describing the bronco’s 4A. Does anyone know for certain how similar or different the 4A is on the bronco?
I've asked for a number of times if people would crawl under the 4A type of Bronco and take photos of identifying labels, but so far no takers. I was able to crawl under a base with the standard transfer case and it was unlike all transfer cases I have owned and handled. It did not exhibit any unique markings that I could detect in a few minutes time. From what has been described, it functions similar to the current Expedition/F150 and maybe the Raptor, but that is as far as it's gone. It is an intelligent transfer case, black box.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would definitely like more of a deep dive into the two Bronco variant transfer case mechanicals. In particular the differences between the part-time and full-time designs and internals.

There was a thread yesterday about the full-time transfer case possibly deciding on it's own, to shift out of 4wd. (Seems like that thread got removed/closed, due to some personal animosities expressed.) I'd like to know more about the internals, the sensors and algorithms involved.

Bruce#1

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GMC RCSB with modified LS3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In post #11 I questioned whether the Advanced 4X4 included a front locker. It does not.
Ford Bronco Advanced 4x4 with Automatic on demand engagement OBX

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford was too lazy to write two separate descriptions for both non sas/sas advanced 4x4. It's the same on the non sas BD build and price as well.
Sponsored