MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2.7 4dr Badlands Sasquatch with 4x4 Advanced Auto. I changed my driveline fluids yesterday and my transfer case drain plug did not have a magnet. The drain plug was identical to the fill plug. I have been following the "driveline fluids" thread and it has been confirmed that the transfer case drain plug should have a magnet. I have searched the internet and cannot find an OEM part number. If anyone has easy access to the part number for an OEM transfer case drain plug, please post it or private message me. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Throwing up the Bronco Signal...

@Ducati1098
I tried to look for this yesterday, but it doesn't appear to be in the catalog.
Here are the only 2 pictures available for the advanced transfer case:

Ford Bronco Part Number for 4x4 Advanced Auto On Demand Transfer Case Drain Plug 1709560773417

Ford Bronco Part Number for 4x4 Advanced Auto On Demand Transfer Case Drain Plug 1709560794409

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll admit I tried looking it up yesterday too when I saw this post, but had the same issue @Ducati1098 ran into.

There is likely an engineering part for it, but no associated service part. Which effectively means you can’t order just the drain plug by itself. Pretty surprising to be honest—and the Bronco Raptor t-case is even more sparse when it comes to parts.

Ford Bronco Part Number for 4x4 Advanced Auto On Demand Transfer Case Drain Plug 1709562843807

Ford often doesn’t make service parts until there is a demand for them due to dealership requests, TSBs, etc. So I guess I’m not completely surprised, but you’d think someone would have grenaded the inside of their transfer case by now. Though maybe the answer up until now was “new transfer case for you!”.

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll admit I tried looking it up yesterday too when I saw this post, but had the same issue @Ducati1098 ran into.

There is likely an engineering part for it, but no associated service part. Which effectively means you can’t order just the drain plug by itself. Pretty surprising to be honest—and the Bronco Raptor t-case is even more sparse when it comes to parts.

Ford often doesn’t make service parts until there is a demand for them due to dealership requests, TSBs, etc. So I guess I’m not completely surprised, but you’d think someone would have grenaded the inside of their transfer case by now. Though maybe the answer up until now was “new transfer case for you!”.
Plenty of instances and it has been a new transfer case in each instance.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip replied with the part number transfer case drain plug is AB3Z-7A010-D. I called a local dealer to order and it is on backorder with no timeline for when it will be in stock. They ordered it for me. I will run "as is" and when/if the drain plug comes in I will see if it has a magnet. Flip could not tell if it had a magnet. He did say that based on the schematic there is a magnet down in the transfer case, so that is good.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will report back on this thread and let everyone know if there is a magnet or not when or if it comes in.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could the magnet have come off/out of the plug or was it clearly not a plug with a magnet?

Carbonsteel lists a magnetic drain plug in his videos for the rear end that may help.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Flip replied with the part number transfer case drain plug is AB3Z-7A010-D. I called a local dealer to order and it is on backorder with no timeline for when it will be in stock. They ordered it for me. I will run "as is" and when/if the drain plug comes in I will see if it has a magnet. Flip could not tell if it had a magnet. He did say that based on the schematic there is a magnet down in the transfer case, so that is good.
AB3Z-7A010-D does have a magnet, but that is the part number for the part time transfer case. Don’t believe it’ll work with the advanced TC. It looks completely different and requires a crush washer to seal it.

Ford Bronco Part Number for 4x4 Advanced Auto On Demand Transfer Case Drain Plug IMG_2945

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great catch! I just reached back out to Flip to see if he could confirm the part number and that is belongs to the advanced transfer case, not the part-time transfer case.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AB3Z-7A010-D does have a magnet, but that is the part number for the part time transfer case. Don’t believe it’ll work with the advanced TC. It looks completely different and requires a crush washer to seal it.

Ford Bronco Part Number for 4x4 Advanced Auto On Demand Transfer Case Drain Plug IMG_2945
What is your thought about using the fill plug from the rear differential cover in the transfer case? I just swapped my cover with the Ford Performance Cover.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is your thought about using the fill plug from the rear differential cover in the transfer case? I just swapped my cover with the Ford Performance Cover.
I see no reason why it wouldn’t work. They’re both 1/2 npt

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the transfer case aluminum? Do you happen to know if the current drain plug is steel or aluminum? Is there a concern if the metals do not match?

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip just sent this response.
Ford Bronco Part Number for 4x4 Advanced Auto On Demand Transfer Case Drain Plug IMG_7059
Sponsored