First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Snow skier from East Tennessee here. I dropped SAS so I could get a 2021 build (it worked), then I went through the analysis of what do I need and after hours of research and time on the forum I concluded I could live with out the front locker but that 4A was a must.

Here is the catch 4A turns off traction so that the vehicle can go straight, this is exactly what you need on slippery snow roads. I read a post where front and rear lockers will put you in a ditch on a curve.

Good luck with your build. Maybe I'll see you on the slopes. You will definitely be able to get there in your Bronco
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll play the other side of the argument since everyone wants to spend your money :)

I ordered a OBX with the 4.27 locker and opted not to go with advanced 4x4. Yes you're decision is "only" $700, but once you disregard your budget and play the incremental upgrade game in your head, you'll have built out something thousands over your budget.

I learned to drive on a '98 Ranger and by no means was flipping the switch considered an inconvenience. If the conditions are very poor use 4x4, if there's a coating of snow then drive responsibly in 2H. We have a Tiguan sitting in our driveway if I really had the thirst for an AWD vehicle, I don't see the use case for advanced 4x4 for me.

Regardless of your decision, this will be the most capable vehicle you ever owned. Good luck with your build, I'm sure you won't go wrong!
+1. The "it's only x more dollars ..." attitude is why some (not all) people have financial issues. Especially when that attitude extends to other purchases.

$700 is $700. I'd say make sure the 4A is worth the cost in terms of actual usage, compared to other things the money could be spent on. For the record, I think 4A can be a nice feature, if often encountering slippery vs non-slippery road surfaces.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m in an area where the road is constantly changing depending on what town you’re in, so I think I’ll love 4a in the winter.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
+1. The "it's only x more dollars ..." attitude is why some (not all) people have financial issues. Especially when that attitude extends to other purchases.

$700 is $700. I'd say make sure the 4A is worth the cost in terms of actual usage, compared to other things the money could be spent on. For the record, I think 4A can be a nice feature, if often encountering slippery vs non-slippery road surfaces.
For me I look at what I can add on my own later down the line. Or should I say easily added. So if I were at the $795 decision I would pick Advance 4x4 over say the modular bumper. Not saying the 4A transfer case couldn't be added after the fact. But I'm sure it would be in the thousands in parts and labor. And not be covered under warranty.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It snows where you live and you snowboard. No brainer. Get the 4A(y)

OP
OP
DCtoobs42

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model