First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can sympathize. The same thing happened to me with a First edition. It was delivered to the scumbag stealership. They wouldn't honor my deposit on it. We had a back and forth about it. He then said he was not going to sell it to me.

I say "It's my order, it's my Bronco" He says "No it's not, it's mine". And that's all she wrote.

It's just a small pos small town stealership. I was thinking I was helping the little guy. I learned my lesson. That specific little guy can you know what off.
And see, that's not how contracts work. If money has exchanged hands, you have a valid purchase agreement for that vehicle. If they violate the purchase agreement, they're in a very actionable position.

OP, I would not accept 'NO' from Ford, and if you don't get what you want, you should be taking this dealership to court to enforce the purchase agreement they created when they accepted a deposit from you.

JR
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can someone please make a new thread, call it a PSA and tell people, if you get an email you Bronco is built, CONTACT the dealer! Every time I see these posts, it seems that no one reaches out, they WAIT for the dealer to contact them. Next thing you know, sold to someone else. Come on people, put a little bit of effort into this and avoid stuff like this.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

About 1 ½ years ago, I placed an order for my very first brand new car.

I have been gitty with excitement for such a gluttonous yet very exciting purchase. About a month ago I finally got the email with my VIN and build date. Last week Ford sent me 2 emails. First saying my Bronco is built. The next, telling me it shipped to DUNDEE FORD and it would get there on my 50th birthday! DUNDEE FORD would then reach out to me to finalize the sale..

DUNDEE FORD did indeed get my order, but they sold it to someone else on 10/23. Im sure they made quite the profit on it..I spoke to the General Manager, Alec Freeman..He told me the car was never mine. I then received an email shortly after from DUNDEE FORD with confirmation of my deposit refund.

The order is now closed since the car is sold (again, not to me). Fords reply was to wait until the orders opened up and try again.
#FORD #BADBUSINESS

At the end of the day, Ill always have my Sexy Flexy, my health and my loves. But I thought it important to share the horrible business practices at DUNDEE FORD.
Did you have a signed sales agreement for the car?

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shouldn’t there be some proof before the hounds are released? Absolutely infuriating situation but some proof via emails and/or screenshots would be useful.
I agree. There has been folk that thought they ordered a car with the $100 reservation

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn’t that mechanic from youtube from Dundee Ford? The same guy that says you cannot drive in 4A and will ruin your transfer case lol. This happened before with that dealership and he decided to make a video of the reasoning. I lost my respect from him right there.

EDIT
for your viewing pleasure “no communication and then wanted a mark up” lol

People get shit for reaching out too
Isn’t that mechanic from youtube from Dundee Ford? The same guy that says you cannot drive in 4A and will ruin your transfer case lol. This happened before with that dealership and he decided to make a video of the reasoning. I lost my respect from him right there.

EDIT
for your viewing pleasure “no communication and then wanted a mark up” lol

Hahah, what a load of horse shit! Ok everyone who has been waiting for 1 year+, be sure you call your dealership daily so they know you're interested still in the Bronco! This was the worst excuse I've heard. Well we hadn't heard from him...well, did you reach out to let them know it was on its way or has arrived?

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not a lawyer (but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night). I’m not sure this is a Ford Corporate issue. For me it’s an issue of State Law. As noted above, your deposit may (in Illinois) may constitute your agreement to the dealers offer to sell. I would check with your State Consumer Protection Group.

You probably won’t get your Bronco back but you may be entitled to damages.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep the not getting anything signed was a BIG lesson I learned from this. I have an email from the dealer owner talking about price and he used the words "gentleman's agreement". Again, I thought this is a nice small town business agreement, not a problem. I was wrong.

1. Get the price hammered out before the order goes in.
2. Have a deposit down so as someone mentioned, you have valid proof of money exchanging hands for an order contract
3. Get something signed with the order info on it. Make sure you have a copy of it (this was my mistake trusting the jackwad's 'gentleman's agreement' mumbo jumbo).
4. As Killerpenz mentioned, follow your order and contact the dealer. Let them know you know the vehicle is going to be there. Whether is it sold out on purpose or by accident, you need to remind them you are keeping up with your order and expect it to be there.
5. If you are wronged, do what it takes to make it right. If you have done all the above, you should be able to have some form of recourse.

If anyone has anything else to add, please do.

I have a Hummer reservation and I will be following what I laid out above. If I can't get a signed purchase agreement before the order goes in, I will contact GMC and request a change of dealer. Again, shenanigans can happen there. You all remember at the beginning of this stuff with Broncos when dealers were getting our reservations and then putting in orders on those reservations without even talking to us first.

Last edited:

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I visited the dealer I ordered from at least a dozen times before mine came in. Everyone who worked in the front office there knew my name by the time it arrived 9 months later. I had a signed agreement down to the penny when it arrived. They threw in some swag and made the whole experience smooth. I think communication, and a signed agreement is the key when you order something that may be months away from arriving.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 1 ½ years ago, I placed an order for my very first brand new car.

I have been gitty with excitement for such a gluttonous yet very exciting purchase. About a month ago I finally got the email with my VIN and build date. Last week Ford sent me 2 emails. First saying my Bronco is built. The next, telling me it shipped to DUNDEE FORD and it would get there on my 50th birthday! DUNDEE FORD would then reach out to me to finalize the sale..

DUNDEE FORD did indeed get my order, but they sold it to someone else on 10/23. Im sure they made quite the profit on it..I spoke to the General Manager, Alec Freeman..He told me the car was never mine. I then received an email shortly after from DUNDEE FORD with confirmation of my deposit refund.

The order is now closed since the car is sold (again, not to me). Fords reply was to wait until the orders opened up and try again.
#FORD #BADBUSINESS

At the end of the day, Ill always have my Sexy Flexy, my health and my loves. But I thought it important to share the horrible business practices at DUNDEE FORD.
What was your spec? I know a dealership with a couple sitting on the lot.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Ford Motor Company couldn’t care less about you. I recommend buying a Jeep or some other competitor’s vehicle. This will be my last Ford vehicle. Truly disgusted by this company.
I agree but I will also say it doesnt matter the dealership. They all will screw you. Just because one person has a great experience at a dealership doesnt mean the exact opposite doesnt happen to another person at that dealership. None of them care a bit about you. Thats why (generally) after you buy a vehicle all those nice friendly faces in the service department are ready to stab you in the back when you go in with a warranty issue. All scum.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I visited the dealer I ordered from at least a dozen times before mine came in. Everyone who worked in the front office there knew my name by the time it arrived 9 months later. I had a signed agreement down to the penny when it arrived. They threw in some swag and made the whole experience smooth. I think communication, and a signed agreement is the key when you order something that may be months away from arriving.
pure luck. And you shouldnt have to make buying a vehicle your life until it gets delivered.

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In order for this dealership to place a reservation to begin with, they needed your information, the customer information. The way I see it, they just used your identity, name, address, email address to get a product that they never intended to sale to you. What would that be called?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry that happened to you. I live in the Chicagoland area, and you've got to be extra careful of the dealerships around here. Some people I know won't buy a vehicle in this area, instead they go further afield.

A while back, I visited a Chicago western suburb Jeep dealership with some friends from rural Wisconsin, and they were shocked at the high pressure tactics. It was kind of funny, because I didn't think anything of it, having gotten used to that stuff.
I don't think there is one honest dealership in Northern IL. And yet the fanboys and company men are on here day and night defending FORD on the Bronco rollout (noting that these humps are the ones who got the truck first if not their 2nd, 3rd, and 4ths).

Northern IL sucks for car buying (among other things). The more stories we get like this only confirms the hypothesis. It's amazing what you can get used to. Like waiting 800 days...
Sponsored