Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just so we all understand your position, let's recap; Ford decided to not build in order because they presumably assumed their policies would lead to dealers selling First Editions (and other Broncos) without regard to reservations at all and thus Ford would need to be able to build a replacement. That about sum it up, a 'pre-reaction' to future dealer fuckery?

One point of your hypothesis could use some clarification though, how does building out of order actually make it easier to add or reallocate a single vehicle to the schedule?

Most normal folks are not all over their dealer when they get a build date. Most might be curious when they get a ship date or an ETA on delivery date. Look, it is pretty basic here; The OP (claims, it could be a troll, but let's go with it being real) that they got an email about production, then the emails stopped. No ship date, no ETA, nothing, no notification from the dealer. It is almost like the dealer changed the email from the OP to the dealership when the production notice came up and intercepted those other notifications. Then forgot to notify the OP when it came in. Nothing intentional or underhanded to see here, not planned 50 days ago, all a coincidence.

Blaming a person because you don't 'understand' why someone would wait for a notice that it was shipped or arrived before wasting their time bothering to call their dealer on it is a little goofy. I am sure you believe you are the standard of what 'normal' is, however most adults do not chant "Are we there yet?" over and over again on the Bronco journey.

And getting delivery within 2 weeks of the build notice? I would think that maybe a few hundred people a year get it that fast, no way 'most' get it. Six weeks is not unreasonable for most geographic locations in the USA (in fact, it is probably pretty good in some of them with the current transportation climate)
I'm not sure what world you live in which is perfect, but the Earth I live on had humans and thus, there is an element of human error.

There's a 0.00% chance that any manufacturer can manufacturer 100% of vehicles which are 100% free of errors and deliver them to 100% of customers.

Also you have failed to understand that the relationship between FoMoCo and an individual is not a direct one.

Dealerships are Ford's customer.

You are the dealerships customer.

This is the Office Space paradigm where somebody has to be good with people.

The dealership seems to have screwed the OP over, not FoMoCo. So please get your players straight and assign guilt where necessary.

So therefore you go to FoMoCo to "make it right", this is outside the normal business chain, which happens in a few justified situations (remember, not everything is 100% perfect or black/white). The end-user has been harmed and they can go outside channels in limited scope to make the customer happy. Thus also establishes the fault of the dealership and FoMoCo can punish their customer as they see fit.

Please note that I'm a federal compliance auditor by trade, my world is black/white and things are either right or wrong. Customer service is not in that world and thus it has the human element which must be accounted for.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I'm wrong, but this sounds like a troll post. OP comes in, drops off a bomb like this then disappears without giving any specifics.
Not sure about that. Waiting since October 2020 to drop a stink bomb like this seems awfully... lame?

The Bronco should have arrived with a green window sticker. I'm not sure how an FE could arrive without one, and I would think Ford would be suspicious as hell if it built one with a blue sticker. I would not trust that new dealership to resolve anything. If they received a vehicle with a green sticker and just... "ignored" it.

Here's the good news (if there is such a thing in these scenarios): OP now has more color choices and feature options than with the FE. Has also learned more about the engines, tires, transmissions, features and such than when he originally placed the order. So there's a chance to get a vehicle that better meets OP's requirements, such as adding tow, roof rails or something else.

Not saying it's a good situation - just that you can hopefully make some lemonade.

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealerships are Ford's customer.

You are the dealerships customer.
I've been curious on this. Do you know if our $100 reservation went to FoMoCo or to the dealership we picked? My dealership that I was transferring my reservation from, converted my reservation to an order which I did not place. So I essentially look at it as them stealing from me as I did pay $100, and never received a refund.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been curious on this. Do you know if our $100 reservation went to FoMoCo or to the dealership we picked? My dealership that I was transferring my reservation from, converted my reservation to an order which I did not place. So I essentially look at it as them stealing from me as I did pay $100, and never received a refund.
In my case, the $100 went straight to the dealer on the day I made my reservation. I know because my CC account sent a text to my phone with the charge, which included the dealership's name (and not Ford's).

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
He’s back!

Last edited:
OP
OP

hornady708

First Edition
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey everyone thanks for the replys. Not sure how I would benefit from trolling but y’all are certainly entitled to your opinion and if you want to believe that fine think what you want and don’t bother posting anymore in this thread

I’m not expecting much from the dealership but was hoping someone had some contacts at Ford. I’m expecting to hear back from dealership today but honestly with what has transpired don’t expect much. My conversation with them yesterday I told them I would want either Bronco Raptor allocation or Raptor R allocation so we’ll see

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey everyone thanks for the replys. Not sure how I would benefit from trolling but y’all are certainly entitled to your opinion and if you want to believe that fine think what you want and don’t bother posting anymore in this thread

I’m not expecting much from the dealership but was hoping someone had some contacts at Ford. I’m expecting to hear back from dealership today but honestly with what has transpired don’t expect much. My conversation with them yesterday I told them I would want either Bronco Raptor allocation or Raptor R allocation so we’ll see
hell yeah...dude that dealership is garbage, I wouldn’t deal with them at all, Ford should deal with them from this point further.

Last edited:

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This points to a design flaw in the reservation process. When you make a reservation and assign it to a dealership, you are assigning it based on the information you have about that dealership at that point in time. If the dealership is subsequently sold to someone else, the management replaced, and the sales guys completely impervious to shame, then Ford should treat this as a reason to revoke the reservation assignment. You didn't pay a building, you paid a business. And if that business no longer exists or is no longer able to fulfill their side of the bargain, it would make sense for Ford to help you take that reservation payment back and reassign it to another business... even if that other business is ultimately the new occupant of the building. It should not be up to the dealers to decide that they can sell reservations to other dealers.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I've seen people join the group in the past, make a crazy, outlandish post and then never post again so I think some members including myself were a little skeptical.

For a dealership to resell a First Edition Bronco that you reserved is an entirely new level of incompetence. I hope they are able to make it right with an option to get the Bronco Raptor or something else that will satisfy their mistake. Please keep us updated.

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry this happened to you and hope are somehow compensated. Ultimately, the dealer is the only one who can make this right, even if Ford leans hard on them, the dealership is the one who has to say "uncle" and give in to pressure from Ford.
My only advice would be to use Ford as an intermediary to hopefully get a resolution. If that is a dead end, see if there is any legal recourse available. and if that also fails THEN you publicly nuke the dealership.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How about a little more info on what happened? Did you get the emails from Ford that it had shipped? When did you contact the dealership? How long had it been since you had any contact with them prior to that? How long had the Bronco been there before they sold it?
Sponsored