Gscj5

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 Willys CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I have been tracking my Bronco order since the very beginning, going to the website to check my build almost daily for months since I got an email from Ford telling me my Bronco was going to be built 7/1/21.

I have been emailing the dealership and keeping in close contact and I told them about the good news that it was being built and they were happy for me and told me they would let me know when it arrives.

I last contacted the dealer on 7/27/21 and hadn't heard anything since so I checked the website and it said the same thing that it was in production and scheduled to be built 7/1/21, I thought maybe it was a top or chip delay so I waited until today, checked the website, same thing, so I got curious and ran the VIN on Google search and I'll be damned if my Bronco was at the dealership for sale!! No call, no email, nothing!

The dealership stole my vehicle!! Obviously for profit since there is a $15,000 mark up for an "Accessory Package"

It looks like with Ford's help since they failed to update me on the progress.

Where is my pre-order deposit Ford!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you call the dealership and ask before you accused them? the picture of their broncos on teh website both have the train behind them meaning they are in transit and they are CGI images, not pictures. also they have the 15K markup on both vehicles, so they might be doing that as a trend.

I would suggest you call the dealer and ask.

Ford Bronco Dealership has stolen my Bronco!! 1628617153628

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you call them or go there and find out what is going on?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Jesus Christ.

Your Bronco hasn't even been built yet. It literally says right there.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So based on the picture, it is still in transit snd has not yet arrived. Most dealerships systems automatically update their inventory when a VIN is generated and the vehicle has been set for shipment. Nothing you’re showing here shows the dealership stole anything. Have you called? Have you asked if the vehicle on their website has arrived? Have you gone in and verified that the vehicle is there? Emailing is not sufficient and an in person visit is warranted. My assumption is that $15k markup on both vehicles is a matter of course for them based on demand. You have blasted this out here with zero proof of your accusation.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are computer generated images on their website and most likely is done automatically when your vin is assigned. They probably dont have your bronco yet if the Ford reservation system still doesnt show as completed. I think you jumped the gun on this one, you will likely still be getting it. I just hope you pre negotiated your price.

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It appears yours hasn't even shipped yet. Dealer websites auto upload VIN's, they haven't stolen it.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are all CGI images they don't have your Bronco

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So based on the picture, it is still in transit snd has not yet arrived. Most dealerships systems automatically update their inventory when a VIN is generated and the vehicle has been set for shipment. Nothing you’re showing here shows the dealership stole anything. Have you called? Have you asked if the vehicle on their website has arrived? Have you gone in and verified that the vehicle is there?
A dealer here in Georgia is listing "ordered" Broncos on its web site to generate traffic. They don't sell them though. When I inquired about one of the listings they said "have I got a deal for you ..... on a Bronco Sport..." My reply "hard pass thanks" It may not be as nefarious as you think.

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience here is that there are many, many Bronco's listed for sale, either as in inventory on dealership websites or through third party classifieds. However, almost inevitably, when you call to express interest, a seemingly disappointed salesperson advises you the vehicle is reserved, pre-sold, special order, etc. The rare exceptions has been a small number of rogue dealers selling their mannequins.

Why these vehicles are advertised is hard to predict. Most likely, it is a great way to generate leads. Best to get in touch with your dealer.

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3, Bronco Badlands 4Dr NoSas MIC 2.7 CG High
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So based on the picture, it is still in transit snd has not yet arrived. Most dealerships systems automatically update their inventory when a VIN is generated and the vehicle has been set for shipment. Nothing you’re showing here shows the dealership stole anything. Have you called? Have you asked if the vehicle on their website has arrived? Have you gone in and verified that the vehicle is there?
This is the correct response. I've worked with many Ford dealers and this is something that happens. When it is In Transit, it shows up in the dealer's inventory. When it shows up in the inventory, the inventory provider automatically updates to show in inventory anywhere that dealership shows inventory. You'll also probably find it on some third party sites as well, but less likely since most filter those out.

In addition, in the dealer's back end pricing tool for inventory, they can enter in the invoice or MSRP offset. Most dealerships right now probably have a generic markup, in this case $15k, for any Bronco that shows up in their inventory. Since your vehicle is technically in their inventory now, it got slapped with that.

What is interesting to me is why if your car is still "in production", why it is showing up in their inventory. So there may be something strange there, but do not attribute to malice what can easily be attributed to stupidity.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, calm down…

Many dealerships are showing customer sold vehicles online With a big mark-up. Other than these being automatically generated (I assume), they’re likely putting big mark-up’s on it to deter customers from calling them every second asking to buy it (it won’t stop it, but it’ll likely slow it down quite a bit). They still want to use this to advertise that “BrOnCo’S aRe ArRiViNg.”

I can attest to this - I saw many Bronco’s posted near me online, and reached out to all the dealerships. All were customer sold orders, even the one listed at $94,000 (CDN) for a Badlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.